+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Milyssa

Thread: Casa De La Luna - Faeblight

Ascendant

Default Casa De La Luna - Faeblight

*squees with excitement*

Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_205038.jpg

After about a month of building, feeling finished and then adding a whole second wing, I've finally finished my grand mansion. I was inspired by a recent trip (recent when I began building in August) to Toronto where I visited Casa Loma - the only "castle" in north America. There are not many pictures I'm afraid, but it was inspired none the less. I set out to build something similar and think I came close, though the architecture of Casa Loma is hard to match.

Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204557.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204654.jpg

Wide shots of the house from the path. This is actually the back of the house, but the front is not impressive (As you can see from the shot of the house in the moon's silhouette. I started building thinking I would have a grand sweeping entrance roadway, but decided my item count was better spent elsewhere (1500 of 1520 I think.) So now the entrance way is just an entrance way and all the magic happens on the back.

Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_205200.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204744.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_205137.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_205143.jpg

The first floor holds the dinning room, the ball room, and the library. It is also the access to the terrace. The domed celling (not pictured) was directly inspired by the conservatory at Casa Loma and was the first room I built.. well, the first celling I built, and built the rest of the house and towers around it to match.

Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204946.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204927.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204910.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204858.jpg
    Casa De La Luna - Faeblight-2014-10-03_204819.jpg

The second floor includes the balcony ballroom (more open space) and the master bedroom. The two towers are also accessed from this level. The towers are another inspiration from Casa Loma. I climbed to the top of the highest tower and the twisting steps gave a feeling of grandeur. I built two towers, the Mahogany tower, the taller of the two, and the green tower, which also has access to the second bedroom.

Not pictured are the basement and sub-basement levels, housing the kitchens and stockrooms, smooking room, and servants quarters. The basement and sub-basement are accessible via secret passage (x2) an outer door or the lower back tower. They might not be too secret (since all dimensioners will know the physics of dimension items), but my secret passages were (again) inspired by Casa Loma, who's designers hid passages from the basement wine cellar to the office and the office to the second floor bedrooms.

I hope you visit and enjoy looking around and exploring the towers. They were a lot of fun to build.

*squees with excitement*

Well going by the screenshots you have done an amazing job, all of you dimensioneers who make a place one brick at a time have a patience that I do not possess, if I ever get to the Faeblight shard, my character will be sure to drop in.

Regards
    BigD

oh my gosh! this is incredible! very very beautiful work, something you def can be proud of!
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

Exceptional work! Dimension is called 'Casa de la lune' though.

Tristram Cathedral @ Gelidra EU

Ascendant

thanks for the kind words, and noticing my typo. i'll fix it when I get in game so people can find me

This is a very beautiful castle!!! I bet you DID have fun building it! I enjoyed poking around and finding all the secret passages too. I also spent a lot of time outside just enjoying the majestic views from all sides. I am a "structure freak" and really loved this one
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

It's always exciting to explore buildings built by creative players and this one is definitely enjoyable. I like finding out how others use the building blocks to suit their vision. Beautiful mansion, love it.

love the house the layout is something i like allot
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

I really enjoyed exploring this DIM. The views, both inside and out, are outstanding. Keep it up!

By the pictures this dim looks incredible. I will be sure to visit tonight & on my home shard no less!

+ Reply to Thread