+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By Velaxis
  • 2 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By NightShift1

Thread: Leilani's Landing

Default Leilani's Landing

After forcing myself to stop fiddling with it, my first foray into showing a dimension begins! Probably not the best time to tell everyone, in the light of the awesome ones that have been created and announced on here this week, but it's a start.

Trepidations and nervousness aside, Leilani's Landing was created in Fort Zarnost Beach (on Gelidra EU) and depicts a trading port, with a boat repair workshop, a harbour office/refreshment area, the port master's house and a small shop. Plus some other adornments dotted about, including a few dubious characters selling their wares on a ship. The dimension's owned by my main character, Darquiel.

I drew inspiration from things I saw while exploring more expert dimensions, which encouraged me to experiment. Leilani's received a final polish from my friend Cailynn, who has an inspector's eye for floaters, wobblings, unintentional ricketyness and other such infelicities. She also helped me with the upper awnings on the main house as I got vertigo trying to place them neatly!

This isn't the first dim I've worked on, but the first where I've experimented with creating objects or using them in a way other than their intended use. The other places I've done so far (and which currently need a few details filling in) are more to do with the arranging of existing objects and playing with the effect of light on water and such like. I will open them up when I've finished off the detail, even though they're a bit pedestrian in comparison to most of the dimensions listed on here.

Thanks to all for the encouragement, ideas, inspiration and advice as I've been dipping my toes into the waters of dim creation. I've not yet progressed to creating my own buildings but hope one day to do so.
    Last edited by Velaxis; 09-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaxis View Post
    After forcing myself to stop fiddling with it, my first foray into showing a dimension begins! Probably not the best time to tell everyone, in the light of the awesome ones that have been created and announced on here this week, but it's a start.

Trepidations and nervousness aside, Leilani's Landing was created in Fort Zarnost Beach (on Gelidra EU) and depicts a trading port, with a boat repair workshop, a harbour office/refreshment area, the port master's house and a small shop. Plus some other adornments dotted about, including a few dubious characters selling their wares on a ship. The dimension's owned by my main character, Darquiel.

I drew inspiration from things I saw while exploring more expert dimensions, which encouraged me to experiment. Leilani's received a final polish from my friend Cailynn, who has an inspector's eye for floaters, wobblings, unintentional ricketyness and other such infelicities. She also helped me with the upper awnings on the main house as I got vertigo trying to place them neatly!

This isn't the first dim I've worked on, but the first where I've experimented with creating objects or using them in a way other than their intended use. The other places I've done so far (and which currently need a few details filling in) are more to do with the arranging of existing objects and playing with the effect of light on water and such like. I will open them up when I've finished off the detail, even though they're a bit pedestrian in comparison to most of the dimensions listed on here.

Thanks to all for the encouragement, ideas, inspiration and advice as I've been dipping my toes into the waters of dim creation. I've not yet progressed to creating my own buildings but hope one day to do so.
    I went for a visit and really enjoyed the place! Loved the workshop with the leaking boat:P
    I kept my distance from those dubious characters you mentioned....I was afraid they might decide to open that cage.......

Good job!!! I had just finished getting my little character there to level 10 so I was actually able to vote!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

It's an awesome dimension with a lot to see, I really like the idea of it being a port! And it was my pleasure tweaking things for you I think it's great fun when we talk about our creative ideas

Very nice dimension and a good use for all those boats
    I like the repair shop and the shady guys, also the overgrown boat at the back! Nice work!

i really liked this DIM. Very creative. Especially the boat repair dock. The only thing i would suggest is to maybe replace the water coming out of the boat with "occasional water drips" (unless they are too slow) or a scaled down "awning drip line". The water volume seemed a bit fast for a leak. But, thats just me being nit picky. Great Dimension
    Keep it up!

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. Really appreciate it. And yes, will try less of a gushing effect on the leaky ship!

well done love the setup
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

Looks very cool

nice place, you made use of that dimension cleverly.

Really nice dimension, the port is perfect for Fort Zarnost Beach. Very nicely done!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Now to stop faffing about and get another dimension to a state where I feel ok sharing it lol.

Awe I missed this one, going to have to stop by this week and have a look around, ti sounds great.

Really nice dimension, I like the entrance with the torches on the docks, the repair shop in the back, and the tavern area.

+ Reply to Thread