+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: The "WTT" Want To Trade - Dimensions - Project

Default The "WTT" Want To Trade - Dimensions - Project

Hi folks,

i'm Atraius aka Olli from Brutwach - EU and today i wanna share some thoughts with you.

I had this thought while i was posting about Lockboxes in another Thread.

Lockboxes have a smaaaaall chance to drop rare items. But to get them u have to open many of them. What actually fills up and blocks your inventory and dimensions with (for you) useless items.
    Also when u go fishing, questing, dungeons, rifts, events and so on theres a chance to have items that might be useless for you but not for others. Especially the rare items from the Lockboxes might have no use for you but for others. And maybe others have many rare items while they were opening boxes or found some items that they don't wanna use.

What to do now? sell them to the vendor? Throw them away? Sell them to the AH where u have to pay for selling and wait sometimes very long untill u sold it or maybe have to redo the auction because you didn't sold it the first or second or third time???

Here's a small solution how u can handle this: Create a "WTT (for want to trade) - Dimension"

1.) Set up an empty dimension of your choice on a char of your choice;
    - The Dimension should be simple to not confuse and focus on the items you wanna trade.
    - Dont forget to set the Dimension as "public" so that everyone can find it.

2.) Name it right;
    - We all should use the same Name-Format so that it's clear what to expect from this dimension and to simple find and access it.

WTT-Charname1-Charname2-Charname3-WTTdimensionnumber

Part ONE should be WTT what marks the dimension as a "Want To Trade" - Dimension.
    so if i join a shard, open the dimension-search and type in "wtt" i get listed all the wtt-dimensions.
    Part TWO, THREE and FOUR should be the charnames on wich you are mostly only. This is important if you don't set up the dimension on your maincharacter. It also helps if u are online on another toon for crafting or what ever. People can find u better, simple.
    Part FIVE should be the number of your wtt-dimension to make clear wich one if u have multiple.

3.) Fill your "shop" with items;
    - Place the items of your choice.
    - Remember to not place soulbound or accountbound items accidently.
    - Place them organiced and connected, that people can better browse and do their shopping.

4.) Let us know abou it;
    -Post your wtt-dimension here including the name, shard and maybe a small overview of items like; ships, houses, landscaping, building blocks or so.

5.) Browsing and shopping;
    - Create a toon on a shard, open the dimension-search and type "wtt" to get a list of the wtt-dimensions.
    - join your dimension of choice and find your item to trade.
    - Contact the owner and make an offer.
    - When u have come to an agreement place the item u want to trade or pick up the one u want to have.
    - I don't know/think u can trade plat aswell as a visitor who got invited to a dim. There for you need a toon on a shard. Remember the Plat Cap for toons and their charlevel needed for the Cap.

Thats it. You're done. Easy create, share, trade and enjoy.

Remember. This only works inside EU-Shard-Pool and inside the NA-Shard-Pool. Not from EU to NA and back.

//Atraius aka Olli
    Last edited by Atraius; 09-24-2014 at 02:28 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    Hi folks...

//Atraius aka Olli
    There is already a series of dimensions on the shards similar to this, called Take a Penny, Leave a Penny. There is one on every shard, NA and EU.

Primary difference is that these are free trade and more people Take Pennies than leave them. I know on Greybriar, the last time I stocked it, I put in something like 900 items.

Great idea, however, and I hope it works out.
    Last edited by Feendish; 09-24-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

Not something I can do at the moment...most of the stuff I have in storage I do have a future use for...but as I collect more items and been around longer then sure I can do this Atra

Both are pretty darn good ideas, actually....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Thx for the information. i remember the name "take a penny leave a penny"

The thing is i choosed a system thats a bit different. Because of the name. Don't say one of them is better. Just say its different. Because of browsing and finding the dimension and the character. look at "name it right".

And here's my first wtt-dim:

Shard: Brutwacht - EU
    Character: Malificint
    Name: WTT - Atraius Baldras Anthaeus 1
    Theme: Ships & Boats

Thx and have fun^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post
    Not something I can do at the moment...most of the stuff I have in storage I do have a future use for...but as I collect more items and been around longer then sure I can do this Atra
    I also have muuuuch in storage^^ but i think my storage needs a little cleaning and i can get rid of some items i can't see anymore. Like floating boats...uarghh...i really can't see them anymore...but i saw them in many waterdimensions to get a more living effect^^

make me an offer and some of u might be the next owner. and with offer i mean i really wanna give them away^^ maybe u have an item u dont need^^ like crafted building blocks or so^^

Ok. I did check the "open-sharing" dimensions on the 6 EU shards. 4 of six where cleared out completely. I'm not telling wich one were and wich one not, because i don't want someone to exploit it.

To me it seems like ppl are not using it on the 4 shards, or someone got into the dim and took it all for free.

Again i don't wanna say one of the systems is better. I really like them both because BOTH are FOR the community.

But theres always a chance that someone uses an open and "to" trustfully system against u and then soon ppl loose their trust in the system. Don't wanna say that there's any bad person out there in rift :P But what about the ppl that don't care about dimensioning or the ppl who need money fast.

on EU in 4 of 6 cases it looks like "take one - leave non" ((

Thats why i keep mine with necessary negotiation.

Thx

//Atraius aka Olli
    Last edited by Atraius; 09-24-2014 at 03:26 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    Ok. I did check the "open-sharing" dimensions on the 6 EU shards. 4 of six where cleared out completely. I'm not telling wich one were and wich one not, because i don't want someone to exploit it.

To me it seems like ppl are not using it on the 4 shards, or someone got into the dim and took it all for free.

Again i don't wanna say one of the systems is better. I really like them both because BOTH are FOR the community.

But theres always a chance that someone uses an open and "to" trustfully system against u and then soon ppl loose their trust in the system. Don't wanna say that there's any bad person out there in rift :P But what about the ppl that don't care about dimensioning or the ppl who need money fast.

on EU in 4 of 6 cases it looks like "take one - leave non" ((

Thats why i keep mine with necessary negotiation.

Thx

//Atraius aka Olli

Some of the initial issues might have been that Kit and I didn't have any dimension items to make the initial stock from on the EU shards, since both of our mains are on NA.

People taking items for free without returning anything is a risk that's assumed when items are placed in a free trade dimension. But if even one brand new dim builder who can't afford anything to trade and who doesn't have a stockpile of items benefits, then the purpose of Take a Penny, Leave a Penny is served.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Some of the initial issues might have been that Kit and I didn't have any dimension items to make the initial stock from on the EU shards, since both of our mains are on NA.

People taking items for free without returning anything is a risk that's assumed when items are placed in a free trade dimension. But if even one brand new dim builder who can't afford anything to trade and who doesn't have a stockpile of items benefits, then the purpose of Take a Penny, Leave a Penny is served.
    You have the same risk in a guildbank when you have one guild bank slot open to all for trade. Thats what the both systems together remind me of. They're like a guild bank. One slot is "open to all for trade" (t.a.p.-l.a.p.) and the others are closed and "view only/ask befor take" (wtt-dim's), so that u have to talk to another person inside the guild (in this case someone inside the community instead of a guild^^) to get what u want from this "view only/ask befor take" slots.

This is why i think the both systems complement each other very well.^^

Thx for helping me understanding.^^ i think i didn't quiet got it right in the first response. Now it seems clear.^^

//Atraius aka Olli

Plane Touched

I think it is a good idea, in the free dims you will rarely put an item that costs a lot. You may not want to use it but giving it away for free is not an option either. Trade in that case can be a nice solution

It's a wonderful idea and it could work in theory. What I noticed though, is people just talk to each other in the dimension channel and make their trade agreements there
    Oh and if your primary purpose is to get rid of boats, I think you will be disappointed. Not sure how it happened but the dim community is always so flooded with boats that no one will ever want them, even for free, it's a running joke. I just vendored all mine recently because they took up space in my storage. As for the rare items from the randomboxes (the useful ones, not the logs), people's stance is still to hold on to them even if they don't have a use for them momentarily, they expect they will at one point. But, I don't want to burst your bubble, I really like the idea, and I'd be most happy to "go shopping" in a dimension like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    It's a wonderful idea and it could work in theory. What I noticed though, is people just talk to each other in the dimension channel and make their trade agreements there
    Oh and if your primary purpose is to get rid of boats, I think you will be disappointed. Not sure how it happened but the dim community is always so flooded with boats that no one will ever want them, even for free, it's a running joke. I just vendored all mine recently because they took up space in my storage. As for the rare items from the randomboxes (the useful ones, not the logs), people's stance is still to hold on to them even if they don't have a use for them momentarily, they expect they will at one point. But, I don't want to burst your bubble, I really like the idea, and I'd be most happy to "go shopping" in a dimension like that!
    hi and thx for your response^^

yes there's a chatchannel...there's also a tradechat...but the problem is u have to be online at the same time with your "customers" and if not u have to spam your offers again and all over. imagine all dimensioneers spamming and getting ignored...frustrating. With the WTT-DIMs you are always making your offer. With a space of thousands of items depending on number of dims and upgradet level. and u a doing it for free...no auction house cost. not getting banned or ignored or flamed for spamming. and u don't have to be online to show your storage. I think the positive sides are pretty clear.^^

everyone is reaching some point where to deside what to keep and what not^^ im glad to offer a good and functional system at that point that gives all the power and controll to the participating member, not the maybe good will and the maybe trustfull thoughts of others i dont see or don't know that maybe ar not thaaat trustfully.

btw...sold 40 boats earlier today^^...so for me it's working. and it could for al participating members to. So setup your own WTT-DIM and be part of a growing system.^^

...i would love to gather ppl around and to create a working and living network^^

//Atraius aka Olli

Hey Olli, was good chatting with you on the EU server yesterday!

I really like your WTT idea, because it's one thing to talk about trading stuff, and another to actually go look at the goods before you trade. Sure, at times, we will be looking for certain items, but it would be fun to check out different WTT dims to see if there's something you might need.

We could create our own Marketplace dims. I think I'll set up a WTT dim on Hailol, because I do have a TON of stuff I can trade. I don't want plat for any of it, I would be happy to trade it for other dim stuff or even give it away.

The "Take a Penny" dim (which is a great idea btw.) on Hailol is hardly being used. I never see anything in there that I really need and most of the time I just drop stuff off. I like the concept of the WTT, because people can't just take items.

I'll let you know, once I set up my WTT dim on Hailol and I hope more US players will do so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Hey Olli, was good chatting with you on the EU server yesterday!

I really like your WTT idea, because it's one thing to talk about trading stuff, and another to actually go look at the goods before you trade. Sure, at times, we will be looking for certain items, but it would be fun to check out different WTT dims to see if there's something you might need.

We could create our own Marketplace dims. I think I'll set up a WTT dim on Hailol, because I do have a TON of stuff I can trade. I don't want plat for any of it, I would be happy to trade it for other dim stuff or even give it away.

The "Take a Penny" dim (which is a great idea btw.) on Hailol is hardly being used. I never see anything in there that I really need and most of the time I just drop stuff off. I like the concept of the WTT, because people can't just take items.

I'll let you know, once I set up my WTT dim on Hailol and I hope more US players will do so as well.
    I love the idea of setting a Dim up looking and feeling like a marketplace. But keep in mindestens that they also visual need to see the differenz between your build and what u wanna sale.

One could also join the public community stream to give there a quick overview of what they wanna trade. So people could be informed while watching the stream.

And thx for your support
    Last edited by Atraius; 09-25-2014 at 07:53 AM.

I see it now, there might be a sore need for these trading posts, after 3.0 hits. The minions will bring tons of completely random dim items (what type? you have no control over it). So we will pretty soon end up with lack of space to store them. Some are rare and valuable. I'm sure I'll get many that I will likely never use (like premade houses and buildings), so those will have to be placed in a WTT dim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast