+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions and Dimension Items

Default Minions and Dimension Items

I've been playing around with Minions on PTS quite a bit lately, and so far the system is looking really good for dimension items. You don't get something you need every time of course, but I have gotten multiples of black marble, limestone, and green marble building blocks, a Magitech Gear Wheel, and best of all an Unlit Striped Brazier which currently is only available from those much hated lockboxes! Also, it seems to me that as your minions reach higher levels the rewards get better. I've done pretty well so far, and my highest level one is only 9.

I'd love it if you guys would hop over there and run as many dimension adventures as you can, then let us know what you get! You don't need to have a beta key to do this, either
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I haven't looked into how minions work yet, and don't have access to the PTS, but the idea sounds intriguing. Anything that helps us get more dim items is fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.

Hi Foxfire, I have a few questions I hope you can help with

I made a character on the PTS, did all the get-to-60 stuff, and found the minions in Tempest Bay. I sent Carmine on a dimension adventure that I think was supposed to last 8 hours? It's been more than 8 hours now, but the minion window still says that he's on that adventure. How will you know that the adventure is over, is there any way to check how much time is left on it? And if you get a reward, then where can you find it?

And I have to say, Trion found another nice little way to make money, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    Hi Foxfire, I have a few questions I hope you can help with

I made a character on the PTS, did all the get-to-60 stuff, and found the minions in Tempest Bay. I sent Carmine on a dimension adventure that I think was supposed to last 8 hours? It's been more than 8 hours now, but the minion window still says that he's on that adventure. How will you know that the adventure is over, is there any way to check how much time is left on it? And if you get a reward, then where can you find it?

And I have to say, Trion found another nice little way to make money, didn't they?
    You experienced a known issue that may have been fixed in a patch today. I had that happen to me too, several times. The last time it did, I found that if I logged out and back in with a different character, then the mission showed up as claimable. Not sure it works every time, but it has for me so far. If there really is time left, it will show up on the little window beside the Hurry button. The Hurry button changes to Claim when the mission is over and you press that to get your loot.

And yes, they did find a nice way to make money again, but also if they don't change it too much, they are giving dimensioneers a possibility of getting items previously only available in a lockbox, so that's a definite plus for us if it stays that way The crafting materals and artifacts I have received have been pretty generous as well, especially on the 8 hour missions. I don't do the 10 hour ones anymore since they changed it to credits only just to do one. Hoping that will change....you never know with PTS what will actually make it to Live.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

Quote Originally Posted by Velaxis View Post
    I haven't looked into how minions work yet, and don't have access to the PTS, but the idea sounds intriguing. Anything that helps us get more dim items is fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.
    Anyone can access PTS from the little drop down menu at the top right of the log in screen. It should show options for North America, Europe, and PTS. If you select PTS and push play it will automatically load it for you. Once it is installed, you can copy a character from your live server to PTS. Just push the Transfer button at the bottom of the character select screen, then push "copy to pts" at the lower right with the desired character selected. Don't worry about the warning messages that follow, just hit "ok" for each one. Nothing you do to copy a character to pts will affect anything on the live character. You can also create a new character and advance it to 60 if you prefer. I prefer copying myself, since everything in your inventory, as well as your bank goes with you....and your dimensions do, too. I like to experiment with my dimensions on there before making any real changes to them on live.

Sorry for such a wall of text, but I hope it helps!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    And yes, they did find a nice way to make money again, but also if they don't change it too much, they are giving dimensioneers a possibility of getting items previously only available in a lockbox, so that's a definite plus for us if it stays that way The crafting materals and artifacts I have received have been pretty generous as well, especially on the 8 hour missions. I don't do the 10 hour ones anymore since they changed it to credits only just to do one. Hoping that will change....you never know with PTS what will actually make it to Live.
    Thanks for your help, I'll go have another look then And you do have a good point if it gives us a nice chance to get those items. I had no idea you could copy a character from the live realm to the PTS, so I made a new one. After you have left the start area, you can also just ignore the quests, run over to Meridian as I did (or Sanctum of course), and do the quest from the little guy standing near the porticulum which gives you 400 plat to play with. You can buy a package to level to 60 instantly for 1 silver I think from the same little guy. It contains a lot of stuff to make it playable like a mount if you don't have one already, and gear and weapons. You also get three professions of your choice at max level, and can get enough PA xp to get almost all points to spend in the PA window. I think you can find that by using the beartrap teleport item in the middle of Epoch Plaza in Meridian, but as I was half asleep last night I'm not sure about that anymore As for the minions, I found the start quest to that in Tempest Bay at Plaza Aurentine where all the dimension item vendors are.
    Last edited by Cailynn; 09-22-2014 at 03:33 PM.

I think this is the only reason I will bother with minions at all.... Foxfire, I'd LOVE to drop in on the PTS for this, but I don't have the download bandwidth to do so. In fact, I have to wait to play 3.0 until my daughter downloads it, upgrades her install, then copies her install folder to stick, and mails it to me....

Yeah.... sat band.... I have a total of 12gig - and it's not per billing cycle, it's per "rolling 30 day period". I have to check back to see how much I used on any given day a month back before, for instance, I can download windows updates, or new NVIDIA drivers.... etc.
    Last edited by Narcise; 09-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Nice to find out anyone can get access to the PTS. I assumed you had to have an official Beta invite to look at any of it. I will certainly give it a look. Cheers for the tip, Foxfire.
    Last edited by Velaxis; 09-23-2014 at 08:37 AM.

The problem with the adventure was indeed solved Foxfire, and I did a few minute, a five minute and another 8 hour adventure sofar. The only dimensions reward adventure I've seen sofar though is the 10 hour/credit one. As of yet I can't comment on their loot, but I'll keep trying

The problem with the adventure was indeed solved Foxfire, and I did a few minute, a five minute and another 8 hour adventure sofar. The only dimensions reward adventure I've seen sofar though is the 10 hour/credit one. As of yet I can't comment on their loot, but I'll keep trying
    Oh, don't spend credits on pts!! You won't get any benefit from it on the live server, and I have heard that customer service does not reimburse you anymore. I stopped doing 10 hour ones after they changed it to credits only.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

One other thing I noticed since the last patch is that the dimension item adventure cards don't seem to appear as frequently as they did before. I'm not sure about that, and I did post the question in the PTS forum just now. But what I do to try and get them to generate is do the 5 minute and 15 minute adventures over and over (the one minute ones only give minion experience). I usually do the 8 hour one right before bedtime so it's there when I wake up. And I don't know this for sure but I am beginning to suspect that the mystery box items I got came from that 10 hour one that costs credits to do now. At least I have not gotten anymore of them from the other adventures. I did get one brevane door and 5 black marble planks from my 8 hour one this morning, so that is still a pretty good reward.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Oh, it would be a shame if those items would be limited to the 10 hour/credit one only And I'll keep doing adventures and hope to see a dimension one come up. I'll get back to you when I do

Well, that was.... interesting? I had a 10 hour dimension adventure listed in the window, so I decided what the heck, I'll pay the credits this once, and see if it gives an awesome reward. But the entire adventure disappeared, and my credits along with it. And I have nothing to show for it. I know it's the PTS, but I'm not going to do that again. I'll keep doing the other adventures, but still haven't seen any dimension adventures pop up. If the number of dimension adventures has been decreased, while the profession and notoriety ones are the same, that would seem a bit unfair?

Well, that was.... interesting? I had a 10 hour dimension adventure listed in the window, so I decided what the heck, I'll pay the credits this once, and see if it gives an awesome reward. But the entire adventure disappeared, and my credits along with it. And I have nothing to show for it. I know it's the PTS, but I'm not going to do that again. I'll keep doing the other adventures, but still haven't seen any dimension adventures pop up. If the number of dimension adventures has been decreased, while the profession and notoriety ones are the same, that would seem a bit unfair?
    Well, keep in mind they are still working on it. I started 2 8 hour adventures last night before going to bed. I logged in early this morning to find one of them still going with an hour left to go, and the other (which was for dimension items!) had simply disappeared. Then later I logged in after the patch, and the one that was left this morning had also disappeared. The only ones that seem to be reliable right now are the short time ones. And after running missions almost non-stop last night for about 4 or 5 hours, I got just one for dimension items So I don't know if they are keeping most of those for long term missions, or something is just messed up. I got one 15 minute adventure for dim items this morning and got building blocks and a roof corner. I guess we won't really know much until it goes live and we see how it works then. My questions about it on the pts forum haven't been answered yet....not sure if they will be or not, we'll see
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

PTS or no PTS, I would sent in a ticket, Cailynn. And as Foxfire said, don't spend credits on PTS, those will be gone and reduce your live server balance.

Hmm, intriguing... you can sent Minions on adventures? I was wondering what this minion stuff was all about. So, they bring you back XP and loot and plat and dim items or what's the deal?

Thanks for sharing. I have never set up a PTS character LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast