+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions and Dimension Items

Quote Originally Posted by Seekereye View Post
    Your minion slots are account bound not per charterer. You can start an adventure on one character and finish it on another. You start with one slot, and a 2cd one comes with one of the NT bundles. You can buy more slots, i think its 600 credits per slot, credits spent pts don't transfer to live so its better to wait till it hits live to buy them.
    Now I'm the one confused. I had two minion slots from the start, and I have not bought any of the Nightmare Tide bundles.......I have 2 level 60 characters on the PTS but I don't think that has anything to do with it.....does it?
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Ohh, been wanting to get my hands on an unlit striped brazier. I check the ah every day. Sigh.

I can't wait to check out the minions. They sound fun!
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

I have two minions to play with, but I have shelled out for the posh version of the xpac. I got Bloop the jelllyfish as part of the goodies for that, who I can use as a minion, (thought he was just a pet but happily not), and also got the little shrimp, Stofie, for free when I spoke the quest giver. I can send both out at the same time on adventures.

The Items I got from their first scuttle into employment was reasonable. As follows:

3 wood beam tiles
    Time of Day: Noon
    Rooted Brevane Tree
    Eth Crystal Shrine
    Shimmersand Baobob
    Contraband Guardian Sourcestone Display
    4 wood planks

Not exactly results to shout from the rooftops about, but a couple of nice things. This is free, and also subject to RNG. I guess you could end up with a couple of amazing items, and if we can do this continually it all bodes well. Beats those rotten mystery boxes anyway! Really looking forward to this on live.

As Bloop is described as a companion pet I wonder if any of our other pets will be able to be used as minions? I guess we'd have to buy the extra slots for them, whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Now I'm the one confused. I had two minion slots from the start, and I have not bought any of the Nightmare Tide bundles.......I have 2 level 60 characters on the PTS but I don't think that has anything to do with it.....does it?
    The alt account i have for testing just had the one, that has bought nothing. While my main account has the 2, Infusion Edition bundle. Perhaps its just hit or miss for some people, everything on the PTS is subject to change.
    Last edited by Seekereye; 09-26-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekereye View Post
    The alt account i have for testing just had the one, that has bought nothing. While my main account has the 2, Infusion Edition bundle. Perhaps its just hit or miss for some people, everything on the PTS is subject to change.
    This is true. When I got my first minions and the two slots, you could also use plat to buy the 10 hour mission, and to hurry missions. They changed that to credits only, and may have dropped the number of slots to one at the same time. Don't know, just guessing.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

Haven't checked in today yet, but last night it was just very buggy for me. First I could only send one minion on a mission, and got the all slots full message on both my characters. Then I could send one minion on an adventure, switch to alt, and send another minion on an adventure. When I switched back and forth both adventures had disappeared, and I could only do one adventure again. Also, after the 10 hour/paid for adventure for dimension rewards failed a few days ago, I have yet to see another dimension adventure come around. I like the sound of things in general though, so I hope it will work out well for me as well when it goes live

I received a "Slumped Whitebark" tree from an 8h mission and this is currently a box-exclusive item. Also got a Pufflower which I really like (Scarlet Gorge drop).

Believe it or not, but I've still not come across a new dimension adventure of any kind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    Believe it or not, but I've still not come across a new dimension adventure of any kind lol
    Only being able to do one adventure at a time is probably a big disadvantage. Cycling through the adventures is taking you twice as long that way. Wish you had two slots too
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Only being able to do one adventure at a time is probably a big disadvantage. Cycling through the adventures is taking you twice as long that way. Wish you had two slots too
    That may be true, but this is the PTS. When it goes live I might consider buying a second slot I have seen awesome rewards from the artifacts and crafting mats adventures. If the dimension ones are anywhere near that they'll be good

Edit: just checked and apparently the adventures may switch between log ins? I had no dimension adventures before, but now there was an 8 hour dimension one available. It's not hard to guess that I sent a minion on that adventure right away lol! Now if only it won't bug out on me like that 10 hour one
    Last edited by Cailynn; 09-28-2014 at 05:44 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    That may be true, but this is the PTS. When it goes live I might consider buying a second slot I have seen awesome rewards from the artifacts and crafting mats adventures. If the dimension ones are anywhere near that they'll be good

Edit: just checked and apparently the adventures may switch between log ins? I had no dimension adventures before, but now there was an 8 hour dimension one available. It's not hard to guess that I sent a minion on that adventure right away lol! Now if only it won't bug out on me like that 10 hour one
    Things with minions seem to have stabilized quite a bit. I haven't had any issues with the 8 hour missions in a while.

I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I have 3 slots. I don't remember buying any, but I'm not complaining about it, either. When it goes live, I know that I will buy at least one additional slot to whatever we receive by default, just because of the returns I've seen on PTS.

Many, many props to Faratha, Gingers and the rest of the team as regards minions, at least on my part.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Many, many props to Faratha, Gingers and the rest of the team as regards minions, at least on my part.
    I agree, I really love this idea and am looking forward to having them on live!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

I'm getting some fabulous returns on the 8 hour adventures for dimension items! Last night I got a Clump of Deciduous Trees, which are very expensive on the store, plus one of the mystery box items, the Lifespreading Podflower along with numerous building blocks and common items. All of my minions are now levels 10 and 11, with one at level 12. Seems like the rewards get significantly better after level 10. This morning was even better. I got a Mossy Tavern, a Standing Stone Center Crystal (both Epic rarity) a Spring Hedge, 4 Limestone cubes, a Stone Corner Post, Long Stair Railing, and an Iron-strapped safe.

After claiming the last one, yet another Dimension adventure popped up in the 8 hour window, so needless to say I jumped right on that one. I just can't wait for this to go live! It's going to be like opening Christmas presents every day to me LOL
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

The rewards I got from my first finished dimension adventure were: old small blue and gold rug, 3 green marble spheres, long indigo stairs, short wood stairs, a shinbone column and a dwarven wall segment. All in all you can get most items from the store, but even if that happens a lot you will save quite a bundle. I'm happy

There was another dimension adventure for me today, and I got: a leaning narrowleaf (mystery box item), 3 wood beam cubes, a copper teapot, long red stairs and a round grey boulder

Edit: almost forgot to say, but today I got my credits refunded as well
    Last edited by Cailynn; 09-30-2014 at 11:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast