• 4 Post By Zillaan
  • 2 Post By Foxfire
  • 4 Post By Shattered
  • 7 Post By Nouvae
  • 2 Post By Foxfire
  • 4 Post By Atmospherik
  • 3 Post By Narcise
  • 6 Post By Velaxis

Thread: Simple Dimension Item Requests....Ignored?

Default Simple Dimension Item Requests....Ignored?

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" here, but I have been wondering for some time now what is the reason that we still don't have new colors and textures in building blocks, rugs, pillows, curtains, etc.....and yes, greywood PLANKS! The dimension items that ARE coming out with 3.0 are very nice, but do not lend themselves to a lot of different uses, or at least none that I have thought of yet.

The Dimension Item Request thread was started almost a year ago, and while we have gotten some really awesome new things, such as the Dimension Entry Point, and of course all the neat dream weaving items, why not some of the "simpler" things we need so badly? Am I wrong....are they not that simple? It sounds simple because it would just be a "re-skin" of already existing items.....wouldn't it?

I was so hoping for some of these things to come out with 3.0 that I find myself extremely disappointed to find out that they are not. I also know that I am not alone in this. I think pretty much every serious dimensioneer out there wants the same things. So could we please get some sort of answer or comment regarding these? It would be really nice to know "something" at this point.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I totally agree with you Foxfire. I've only been back to rift for the past 6/7 months. I'm getting totally bored with dimensions without addition to new things to build with. I can't imagine what it is like for others that have been at it from the start. I certainly hope they implement new things very soon( besides underwater dims & coral ) or I may go to other games like EQ's landmark for something new & exciting.

While I agree that it is always awesome to see new items coming out, I don't think we can expect any new items that are not currently in the art inventory for Rift. There's a lot of new art with 3.0, so I expect we'll see a lot of that roll out over the next year or two.

But if you want new items, I would look for things that are already in game and ask for those.
    Just my 2 cents.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I'm still waiting for a ball, not one I have to spend a fortune on, not one I have devote my gaming life to earn... just a Simple ball to kick around. My Kingdom for a Ball!

I Rift, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    While I agree that it is always awesome to see new items coming out, I don't think we can expect any new items that are not currently in the art inventory for Rift. There's a lot of new art with 3.0, so I expect we'll see a lot of that roll out over the next year or two.

But if you want new items, I would look for things that are already in game and ask for those.
    Just my 2 cents.
    But we aren't asking for "new" items. Just items that are re-skinned with different textures and colors. Curtains and rugs in other colors....not new curtains or rugs. Building blocks already existing, like the painted wood pieces. We have red, blue, and green, why not more colors, like yellow or white or even pink? Limestone pieces would be nice in new colors...the existing dream weaving pillows would be awesome with a larger variety of colors....and the many times mentioned greywood planks....greywood is certainly in the game, so why not planks?

My post isn't about new art, it's about adding additional textures and colors and possibly shapes of what we already have. If there is a reason this can't be done, I would just like to know that. In that case, we can all just sit down and shut up about it. If there is no reason it can't be done, then I'd like to know why not and even a vague idea of when.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

you bring up very good points.
    The thought also occurs to me that if you can dye a piece of armor, why not a wood plank, or pillow, or rug...
    Last edited by Zillaan; 09-18-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    you bring up very good points.
    The thought also occurs to me that if you can dye a piece of armor, why not a wood plank, or pillow, or rug...
    Exactly!!!!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

I agree, your basic items in more colors/textures (and curved and circular building blocks) are bound to see a lot more use than coral and mermaids I would think. I am only on my first dimension and already frustrated with the limited options.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

I'm just throwing my own theory out here, just my thoughts ...

We probably won't see new building blocks with the release of the expansion, because I'm assuming for marketing, etc the company wants to bring in new players and there must be something "extra special" with those dimension items since they are being placed inside the collectors editions.

Now for the Dreamweaving items, so far I am a bit underwhelmed by the addition of more "special effects" and not building blocks but then again dreamweaving is more about particle effects and dimension keys than new curtains and blocks (although we can make red pillows).

But what about all the other professions, the ones that can craft building blocks, beds, plants etc etc? Any word on what is coming with these professions?

I feel the same as you do Foxfire, and I don't think you are being a "Debbie Downer" at all, I've seen these items wished for and talked about numerous times in this forum and on other websites, I'm sure the Devs are aware of it, I just think they may hold onto the building blocks, new colored curtains, etc for other patches after the expansion releases.

As far as can they be made, my opinion is probably yes, it just comes down to a matter of priority and developer resources for what content will sell more to the masses... but again that is just my thoughts and I could be so very wrong, who knows.

In short, I really do want to see more color / pattern variations of the current items we have access to in the store as the others are now, until then all we can do is keep asking for it and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I'm just throwing my own theory out here, just my thoughts ...

We probably won't see new building blocks with the release of the expansion, because I'm assuming for marketing, etc the company wants to bring in new players and there must be something "extra special" with those dimension items since they are being placed inside the collectors editions.

Now for the Dreamweaving items, so far I am a bit underwhelmed by the addition of more "special effects" and not building blocks but then again dreamweaving is more about particle effects and dimension keys than new curtains and blocks (although we can make red pillows).

But what about all the other professions, the ones that can craft building blocks, beds, plants etc etc? Any word on what is coming with these professions?

I feel the same as you do Foxfire, and I don't think you are being a "Debbie Downer" at all, I've seen these items wished for and talked about numerous times in this forum and on other websites, I'm sure the Devs are aware of it, I just think they may hold onto the building blocks, new colored curtains, etc for other patches after the expansion releases.

As far as can they be made, my opinion is probably yes, it just comes down to a matter of priority and developer resources for what content will sell more to the masses... but again that is just my thoughts and I could be so very wrong, who knows.

In short, I really do want to see more color / pattern variations of the current items we have access to in the store as the others are now, until then all we can do is keep asking for it and hope.
    Yeah, I do agree with your theory Nouvae. I'm sure we won't see any of this in the expansion, at least not unless they surprise us with some long needed new recipes for the older crafting professions. And I should have made the title of my post a little less negative, but frustration takes over my keyboard once in a while I had hoped for a little feedback from Faratha of some kind, to be honest, but I guess not this time. So here I am, still wishing. still hoping, and still asking
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Yes more textures!

it's kind of ridiculous the lengths we all go to building stuff with random objects just to have a unique texture to play with.

what's funny is that in a way it's that challenge that bring out the creative side in me. Give me a blank piece of paper and I'm totally lost, but let me play tetris for a few hours and I might build a frank Lloyd wright house lol

That being said I still don't understand all the restrictions that are put on us, imagine what we could do with a little more freedom.

Every time I walk through a regular game zone it makes me angry to see all the amazing objects and textures that are in the game that we don't have access to.

Has anyone noticed the green and yellow Gourd sitting on the ground next to the mailbox and the mount vendors in Meridian, it's amazing, why don't we have that as a dim item lol?
    Last edited by Atmospherik; 09-19-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

I honestly cannot fathom why we can't have every available item and texture already in the game to "play" with. That would certainly help with the "repetitive" situational difficulties. I do realize that Rift is a non-static game world (I come, as regards player-built housing modding, from TES Oblivion and Skyrim - which of course are SPMR games, therefore limited only by my own machine and its capabilities) with limitations on database etc.

Still.... I would really love to see the items already in the game allowed to us for dimensions.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I don't think you're being a downer either, Foxfire. What you raise is a question most dimensioneers must ask themselves repeatedly. I don't understand what the criteria are for existing art assets in the game to appear as dimension items, especially when it comes down simply to recolours of items we may already use. Ultimately, those of us into building dims will happily shell out on the AH or the store, or complete quests, achievements, puzzles or whatever to get our paws on new things. I can't understand what the block is.

Like many, when I now wander the world of Telara, all I see in the landscape is items I'd love to be part of our tool box when building dims. As we would be happy to pay for them, in one way or another, it puzzles me even further they're not offered on a fairly regular basis, as players into other aspects of the game get the content they like.

While dreamweavers might have to stick with their specialities of particles and dimension keys, the furnishings we'd like to see, in particular curtains and cushions could easily (and most sensibly) be made by Outfitters who already work with cloth. Personally, I'd most like to see all the things we yearn for being part of existing professions, with a ton more recipes and patterns, but I'd also be happy to settle for store items. Just... let us have the items. Pretty please?

+ Reply to Thread