+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Dreamleaf Park

Default Dreamleaf Park

Vegetation is one of my favorite things to build. I find it strangely relaxing (maybe even therapeutic) to place plants in a dimension. I'm also attracted to them in real life, you could even call me a tree-hugger...
    So my latest build is a garden:

Dreamleaf Park by Seyler on the Zaviel shard (EU).

Dreamleaf Park-park.jpg

(Used to be my Seven Scenes dim previously) it's set in Strozza Estate, which is already a bit busy as a base dimension so I kind of half buried it with a landslide. Don't worry, there is more in it to explore, not just boring trees.

~*****~

While you're on Zaviel and have a bit of free time. I cordially invite you to take a look at some of my other works you might not know.

"Sirensong" features an ancient greek boat. (Was my entry for Kahlann's Ancient Greek/Roman theme contest.)

Dreamleaf Park-siren.jpg

"Jadewind Ravine" is my idea of wilderness, inside Tempest Bay. (Was my entry for Feendish's Total Transformation contest.)

Dreamleaf Park-ravine.jpg

"221B" is an attempt to recreate the livingroom in 221B Baker Street from the recent BBC Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch. (Is my non-entry for Feendish's Setting the Scene contest.)

Dreamleaf Park-221b.jpg

"The Addict's Collection" is a museum in a sort of mediterranean town setting.
    It is my tribute to dimension builders in Rift.
    (It already has more than a 100 votes, without me ever advertising it at all, and for that I sincerely thank
    all of you unknown kind people!)

Dreamleaf Park-museum.jpg

"Rakarola Ruins" is a jungle temple site from Ancient Aliens... haha no, I'm kidding!
    It's just some ruins. But what were those ancients worshipping? It's on my alt named Frond.

Dreamleaf Park-ruins.jpg

"Breaking Bad" was inspired by the TV show with Bryan Cranston. It is a desert landscape with the iconic vehicle.

Dreamleaf Park-bbad.jpg

~*****~

Thank you for looking.

Love, love, love all your dims, Seyler! You are sooooooo creative! I have to admit, I still need to check out your Sherlock Holmes dim, well and now I can combine that with a visit to your beautiful garden dimension!

I also love plants, but in real life, I have no green thumbs. Therefore, I go crazy in my dims, planing trees, shrubs and beautiful flowers. The best thing is, I never have to water them and they never die on me!

WAIT A SEC! Rakarola Ruins is YOURS?

I visited that dim like a week ago, on a random impulse while I was on Zaviel! OMG this is soooooooooo awesome! LOVE the Electric Guitar and the amazing wall murals!

Last edited by Agrona77; 09-16-2014 at 08:19 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

What a beautiful transformation.

I had no idea that Frond was your alt, but I suppose it makes sense.

As always, beautiful, and beautifully creative work.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Your dimensions just continue to amaze us all I loved Dreamleaf Park, especially the flower you made out of dragon scales, and the cute little pumpkin house! Little unexpected touches like that make it even more special.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I visited your park last night and OMG Seyler! I LOVE The Scream picture!!!!!!! You are so creative and so brilliant in building things and laying out dims, every new dim of yours has me in awe.

LOVE your whole garden and the layout.

Oh and I also stopped by your Sherlock Holmes apartment! So freakin' awesome! Love all your lamps and bookshelves and the chairs and the walls and... well everything!

Love your dims Seyler. They are amazing. Can't wait to see the new one!

Fantastic work as always! I feel a bit sneaky as I already knew that Frond was your alt :P I figured it out as soon as I walked in to Rakarola Ruins! Your a bad influence on me Seyler lol

I love all of your new dimensions, the RV from Breaking Bad completely blew my mind and the art and structure in The Addicts Collection did too. I've never seen the Sherlock series, but I still really enjoyed your 221B non entry. Your newest build is beautiful, I love the scream painting on the floor and the adorable little houses. I can't wait to see what you'll build next!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

I love your work Seyler, I wish I could get onto the EU shards today but I am receiving a strange error, something about re-installing the game? but whenever that bug gets worked out I'll be sure to check your new park out, I can't wait to see it.

Absolutely beautiful work, I'll need to check these out! What the heck did you make those Roman sails out of? Repeated rugs on a curve?

I really like the Breaking Bad image; I'd suggest that's a stronger entry for the themed contest, only because it feels more iconic and instantly recognizable. Well, maybe it's missing pants hanging from the sideview mirror, or smoke billowing from the window
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 09-17-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    The best thing is, I never have to water them and they never die on me!
    Right??! LOL... Even if you put them in the most desolate desert
    Thank you so much for your very kind compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I had no idea that Frond was your alt, but I suppose it makes sense.
    I'm sorry I kept quiet about it for a while, I suppose I was curious about the reactions. Rali has an eagle eye by the way, she immediately confronted me

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Little unexpected touches like that make it even more special.
    I'm glad you liked my designs, and even more glad you find them unexpected! I really don't want to bore people

Quote Originally Posted by Ralitza View Post
    I feel a bit sneaky as I already knew that Frond was your alt :P I figured it out as soon as I walked in to Rakarola Ruins! Your a bad influence on me Seyler lol
    Thank you for the awesome post you wrote about it!
    But I am to blame this time for sneakyness. For all other times, we all blame you for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I am receiving a strange error, something about re-installing the game? but whenever that bug gets worked out I'll be sure to check your new park out
    That's not a bug, that's just the usual Wednesday update cycle, hehe. (NA side gets the patch earlier than EU) Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    What the heck did you make those Roman sails out of? Repeated rugs on a curve?
    I really like the Breaking Bad image; I'd suggest that's a stronger entry for the themed contest, only because it feels more iconic and instantly recognizable. Well, maybe it's missing pants hanging from the sideview mirror, or smoke billowing from the window
    The sails are made of building blocks - limestone and red wood.
    I agree about the RV being more recognizable than a room. But it's an older build and I'm not actually entering this contest anyway.
    The smoke isn't missing and the pants are lying on the ground

Thank you all for the nice comments, I'm always happy if people find it fun to view what I built.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post

The sails are made of building blocks - limestone and red wood.
    I agree about the RV being more recognizable than a room. But it's an older build and I'm not actually entering this contest anyway.
    The smoke isn't missing and the pants are lying on the ground
    You're insane and brilliant. A perfect combination

Thanks for sharing!

What a treat to explore these dimensions. Fabulous work, and amazing imagination. When I found the art gallery in the Addicts one, my jaw didn't just drop, but felt as if it fell off!

Oh man I love looking at your dims. I decided to take a stroll through all of them tonight. they are all so brilliant. Even the ones I've seen before, I had to revisit them again just because!
    Current Dimensions on Greybriar: Mount Olympus ][ BeetleJuice ][ Star Trek ][ Clue ][ Bobblehead Emporium ][ Cod fish...on a hook! ][ 1. O-Ren Ishii (Cottonmouth) ][ Suburban Mancave ][ MIB TOG Style ][ Kiss The Girl ][ Yabba-Dabba-Doo ][ Fallout Vault 101 ][ The Beverly Hillbillies

I rolled an alt, Jaydednurse on your server last night & I visited your Park dimension. As always its meticulously done & beautiful. I love the Fountains throughout and especially the little fairy spot with the homes & clothesline )

I finally got over to Zaviel tonight, and just woooww, I love gardens in RL and of course dimensions with them too, and this is a real treat! I adore the reproduction of "Scream" and that area with the dense reeds, ahhh, that is where I would be spending an afternoon with a book, how beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast