+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Aerodrome

Default The Aerodrome

Where: Deepwood
    Who: Vaisheva
    What: The Aerodrome aka Boggling Boggle

My job has been pretty chaotic for the last couple of years and hasn't left me with a predictable schedule for raiding or even regular hanging out with folks in Rift, so playing with a dimension has been a great diversion that lets me spend time in the game without worrying about flaking out on scheduled activities. Though I do regret it sometimes at four in the morning and I'm still trying to find the right-sized building block on the AH and I've burned through all of my plat. Again...

Bogling Boggle is my favorite dimension, and I've been playing around with it off and on for over a year and a half. What I like best is that it uses altitude to good effect; between the massive tree, the walls and the huge wall, there's lots of height to play with. Then it drives into the ground with underwater tunnels, for even more options to play with.

So, I took this:
    The Aerodrome-before.jpg

And went a little nuts, ending up with this:
    The Aerodrome-after.jpg

It all started with an open air pub in the tree...

The Aerodrome-pub2.jpg
    The Aerodrome-thepub.jpg

And then I decided the wall would make a great Aerodrome; a type of travel center for airships moving between Brevane and Dusken. So, after months of trying to figure out stairs to climb the wall in a reasonably elegant and efficient manner, and failing repeatedly... the devs threw us a bone and introduced elevators. Perfect!

The Aerodrome-elevator.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere! So, after driving visitors up the wall, literally, we get to Grand Central Station where you can grab a ticket...

The Aerodrome-grandcentralstation01.jpg

...just in time to hop on the 3:10 to Seratos. Don't worry, she's fast and heavily armed.

The Aerodrome-theskyship01.jpg
    The Aerodrome-theskyship02.jpg

There's a few other airships zipping about; mostly pleasure craft.

The Aerodrome-vista.jpg

Currently I'm working on an inn overlooking the pond, for travelers awaiting the next airship.
    The Aerodrome-sunset01.jpg

I'd appreciate any feedback all of you dimensioneers have to offer! Most of the time I prefer designing landscapes over working on the little details, so the Inn hasn't progressed as much as I'd like. I'm also spending most of my game time right now hunting bounties so I can get trophies for the wall... that's a full-time job in itself :\ But this thing is never finished, as I'm sure you guys can all relate!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Aerodrome-pub.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 09-13-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Now that's sweet.

Plane Touched

great idea, ill come see this in person. I find boggle a hard dim so I am always curious what people make

are you sure you have the settings for public viewing turned on?
    My main is on Deepwood, and I searched, but could not find this DIM in the lists
    I would really like to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    are you sure you have the settings for public viewing turned on?
    My main is on Deepwood, and I searched, but could not find this DIM in the lists
    I would really like to check it out
    Well of course it's not...

Doh. That's not embarrassing at all...

Thanks for pointing that out! It's open now.
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 09-14-2014 at 12:15 PM.

i am very impressed! I loved exploring this DIM
    For someone who claims to not be good with details... SHEESH!
    The attention to details is one of your strong points!

Nice work! I love the big airship and especially the station, very cool design.

LOL Oh I do know what it means to just add this touch to the dim... then I'll go to bed... wait, no let me place this real quick... and before I know it, it's way, way past my bedtime!

The pics of your newest project look awesome and I can't wait to stop by for a visit!

Those pictures look awesome, and I'd really like to come and have a look. I've only been playing Rift for a few months, but dimensioneering (and touring other dimensions) really grabbed me. So I know what you mean about spending time and plat inthere The only thing is, I'm on Gelidra-EU shard. Is it possible for me to come have a look, and then how would I go about that? Would be happy with any info you could give me

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    Those pictures look awesome, and I'd really like to come and have a look. I've only been playing Rift for a few months, but dimensioneering (and touring other dimensions) really grabbed me. So I know what you mean about spending time and plat inthere The only thing is, I'm on Gelidra-EU shard. Is it possible for me to come have a look, and then how would I go about that? Would be happy with any info you could give me
    The best way is to create an alt on Deepwood-NA. You dont even have to leave the start room. You can tour Dimensions right away. Just remember to set the drop down menu in the top right corner of the login screen to North America BEFORE you hit PLAY.
    On a side note - you have to be LVL 10 in order to leave a +1, but at LVL 1 you can at least tour.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    The best way is to create an alt on Deepwood-NA. You dont even have to leave the start room. You can tour Dimensions right away. Just remember to set the drop down menu in the top right corner of the login screen to North America BEFORE you hit PLAY.
    On a side note - you have to be LVL 10 in order to leave a +1, but at LVL 1 you can at least tour.
    Hope this helps.
    That really does help, thank you! I am so going to have a look overthere then There are just so many cool dimensions out there!

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's very much appreciated!

The pictures of The Aerodrome look great, and as an EU player too I'm really happy to discover we can make characters on US shards and look at dims there. I got the Bogling Boggle myself, after doing the tasks for it, and have drawn a blank with what to do with it so far. Some dims seem already 'done' in a way, (Hailol is similar I think), being already so busy with features, so I really admire those who see beyond the clutter and do cool things with them. Shows real creativity, and very inspiring. Looking forward to dim exploring on the US shards now!

Stopped by for a visit yesterday and ran into Zillaan! You were right, Zill, I definitely was in for a treat!

I just loved the whole idea behind this dim and the creative setup. Oh, I should tell you that I found Nico hanging out on a vine, below his bar! Dang that Nico, always goofing off when there are drinks to be served!

I think what I loved most was of course the large airship, and the amazing use of the small boats that you turned into a balloon/zeppelin! So very awesome! Beautiful dim!

Thanks for visiting

Yeah, Nico's been sampling his stock again. I'll need to have a chat with him...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast