+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are dreamweaving guides just thrown together?

Rift Chaser

Default Are dreamweaving guides just thrown together?

I googled for dreamweaving leveling guides, and I expect a crafting guide to have decent choices for what to make to level.

But guides I've seen seem to just be clearly wrong like they just picked the first item in a list.

They're saying to make thing like items needing 7 thread instead of an item needing only 3 or 4 and a bolt of material, even though both are orange for skill.

Why do the guides appear to be such bad quality?

Did you see this one?

I used it (with the Transcendent Skill Sphere) and found that I never needed as much mats as the guide indicated.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

For one thing, most dreamweaving guides were based off of PTS data, where you can copy your bank full of artifacts multiple times but not just go buy bolts and bars off the AH.

Second, with artifact tracking it's easy to rack up a couple of stacks of dream ribbon in the 30m duration. Usually faster than farming those other mats yourself and preferable to being at the mercy of a fickle economy. Just think how many people were trying to level DW the day it came out and the temporary inflation of low level mats that resulted.

Third, using primarily ribbon instead of mats from other crafts is more friendly to someone who has no interest in other crafts but would still like to be self-reliant.

Fourth, bag space. If you plan on using a transcendent skill sphere and banging it out all at once, you want to streamline the spaces taken up by mats because those spaces will also be filling up with products as you go. I guess you could run back and forth to the bank a bunch, or drop stuff in an empty dimension, but all that is burning your skill sphere timer unproductively. (You probably wouldn't do the crafting in a dimension because you want to be by the trainer as you level up to click her w/o moving.) For example, the RiftGrate guide method would take up 56 bag spaces with mats if you load it all up at once. Having extras would actually be bad because it wouldn't free up spaces as you go either.

I would say pick a method that matches your priorities of time vs. cost.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    <snip> For example, the RiftGrate guide method would take up 56 bag spaces with mats if you load it all up at once. Having extras would actually be bad because it wouldn't free up spaces as you go either.

I would say pick a method that matches your priorities of time vs. cost.
    That's true.... but I had 5 spellspun bags - and some of the stuff I knew I wasn't going to use, and that wasn't going to sell (even before the AH disaster we have now), I just sold to the trainer. I didn't have any problem.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread