+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Tuasemper
  • 1 Post By JaydedRIft

Thread: Getting Maliana

Default Getting Maliana

I'm trying to get Maliana, & working my way through these ach's. My question is this: For Landscaper, is there a better way to get it done? And also Civil Engineer?

I was thinking of using one of my husband's dims, & just upgrading it as I need to. Is there an easier way? Just in case he doesn't already have it, which dims can go all the way up to 5000 item count? He can get a Stone Flask Tavern without it being a guild dim right? If it's not a guild dim, will it still have a high item count?

Is there a way to find Landscaper & Civil Engineer ach's? I can't seem to find those.
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    I'm trying to get Maliana, & working my way through these ach's. My question is this: For Landscaper, is there a better way to get it done? And also Civil Engineer?

I was thinking of using one of my husband's dims, & just upgrading it as I need to. Is there an easier way? Just in case he doesn't already have it, which dims can go all the way up to 5000 item count? He can get a Stone Flask Tavern without it being a guild dim right? If it's not a guild dim, will it still have a high item count?

Is there a way to find Landscaper & Civil Engineer ach's? I can't seem to find those.
    For landscaper, you can put yourself on your own friend's list, and get the achievement done that way. For civil engineer, it's a guild dimension.

Any way you look at it, the 5k items in a guild dimension is a tedious grind. Best (least tedious) way? Use Dimension Tools, copy a plank, and paste 99 more using the new item and copy multiple item features. Pick it all up, rinse and repeat. That way, you don't have to shell out ridiculous amounts of plat on upgrades.

The trick may be in getting your guild to let you in the dimension to get the achievements done.

Stone Flask Tavern, at tier 5, has an item limit of 2000 items, but the Civil Engineer achievement will not work unless it is in a guild dimension.

All dimension achievements can be found here: H>Character>Role-Playing
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thank you much! I'll grab that addon then.

When I click on Landscaper or Civil Engineer in the Typhoon list, it just pops me to the top of the Role Playing ach's list. It doesn't show me an actual clickable ach for those two. Is there a way of keeping a tally of sorts, so I can keep track of the items count for those ach's? If I'm placing & picking up, I won't see an item count reach 5000, so I won't know how close I'm getting to the ach. Well, unless I just place it all up to max count.

Placing & picking up is how I'm getting the other 3 required done, (the building blocks, trees, & plants). I have my own guild, so using the dim for Civil Engineer won't be a problem. I placed an item, then picked it up, but of course the item count went like this 323 placed back to 322. That's when I realized "uh oh". How will I know when I'm reaching 5000? Especially if I can't afford to upgrade just yet.

Do you mean to add myself to the invites list for the dim, or to literally add myself to my friends list?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have plans for that gal. Wanna make sure I do this the right way with as little work/money as possible. ;)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post

Do you mean to add myself to the invites list for the dim, or to literally add myself to my friends list?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have plans for that gal. Wanna make sure I do this the right way with as little work/money as possible. ;)
    Yep, I mean put yourself on your own friend list. I've done the achievements for Maliana twice now (and only need the guild dimension for a third, but not really in a rush), and when you put yourself on your friend list--and enter the dim through the friends list, you'll get two achievements knocked out if you don't already have them, placing items in your own, and placing items in a friend's. For plants, trees, etc, it's the same building block method except switch out to Saplings and Evergreen Shrubs.

The trackers on the achievement menu may start at the lead in achievements; i.e, 1, 100, 500, etc.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Ahhh, ok gotchya. ;) Thanks!

Thanks for the tip Feendish, I completed this last night! She is now in my guild dim cooking dinner

+ Reply to Thread