• 1 Post By Omedon
  • 9 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 2 Post By Velaxis
  • 1 Post By Wonk
  • 1 Post By JaydedRIft
  • 4 Post By Omedon
  • 2 Post By Cailynn
  • 1 Post By Velaxis

Thread: Do we have to disable our guild dimension to start a new one?

Default Do we have to disable our guild dimension to start a new one?

So I was all proud that our guild is approaching guild level 15, until a guildie told me that we'd have to render our current guild dimension inactive to play with the new options.

Seriously? This can't be true, because that's... ridiculous. After spending so much time and effort on one we'd have to wipe it to use the new options we've earned? We don't get another slot with the somewhat expensive purchase of a new guild dimension?

Please tell me this isn't the case. I'd rather know up front before pooling the funds, because there's no way we're wiping all that work we put in to our current dimension.
    "Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." -Raistlin Majere

Tales from the Void: http://omedon.tumblr.com

So.....unfortunately, you do have to close the one to open another, sorry We went through a bit of a discussion when we got to the level 25 one, because we really liked our old dim but wanted to try the Halls of Shaping as well. Don't regret changing over at all, but pressing that button to initially do so caused a bit of pain

I'm not entirely how how to go about it, but I think you can kinda save at least parts of layouts from dims using the Dimension Tools addon.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    So.....unfortunately, you do have to close the one to open another, sorry
    Well that just sucks, thanks for the reply and confirmation. Ah well, guess we'll do our RP in the many dimensions per character we have, since the one dimension we all collectively own is so limited. Seems kinda backwards, don't ya think? ;)
    "Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." -Raistlin Majere

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Guilds should be able to have multiple guild dimensions, if they can fulfill the requirements to acquire each one. A guild might want to use one for the guild meeting spot, one for melee practice, and so forth. Maybe they should not be able to have 12 dimensions but how about a max of 3 or so?

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Really disappointed to read the info in this thread. Only a couple of us are active in our guild and it takes a lot of work to level it. We were looking forward to getting to 15 and being able to purchase another dimension, but we've put so much time, money and effort into our current one that there's no way we'd want to disable it. This situation does seem a bit harsh and I hope Trion relent about it. Allowing guilds 3 dims seems fair to me.

I spent 6 months, night after night designing and building our guild dimension... we hit level 25, it took us less than 10mins to rip it down, then another few days to empty the box.

Yes, it sucked... yes, it broke my heart.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Wow, I did not know this. I couldn't imagine disabling our guild dimension. You would think at the high price of the actual dimension & then the exorbitant cost of upgrading to a Tier 5 limit, you would be allowed atleast 2!!!!

As a guild leader, of a very small guild, I wanted NOTHING to do with this discussion once it started on our forums, between the dimensioneers of our guild. I bowed right out, I wasn't about to make an argument toward "claiming what we earned" nor "scrapping what you guys built," because it's just an ugly, no-win situation that, as a non-builder, I had no right to an opinion on. In the end, the consensus was to keep what we have, and grumble at TRION.

It's a ridiculous stipulation that is so counter to the idea of striving for goals together, but sadly, because I'm sure that so many guild dimensions have already been ripped down, I wonder if a reversal of this decision can ever be fair.

The silliest thing to me, is that a guild is a collective of a bunch of people that can each own multiple dimensions and have them active, yet that collective itself somehow can't hold up more than one dimension at a time. Lame.
    Last edited by Omedon; 09-09-2014 at 05:03 PM.

This info is quite disheartening. We've been trying to think about possible solutions, like moving our Stone Flask Tavern (The Crowned Stag @ Gelidra EU) to another guild or even shard. But that would mean we would have to buy the item limit upgrades all over again, and would have to move everything over which would be a huge task. I also thought about personally buying a Stone Flask Tavern dim key to keep it in the current guild, but that would give us the same challenges of buying the upgrades and moving everything over. And also, we would lose all the +1's we received (41 sofar, 11 of which we got today alone, thank you! ), which to me feels like an insult to the people that handed them out.

I built an upstairs in the barn the past two nights, and have a lot of awesome plans which would require us to get the tier 5 upgrade. But we would also very much like to get our hands on the Caer Kholum dimension, which we think is very cool. With the 2.5 people (only 2 of which are interested in dimensions, and one of them is me) our guild basically consists of, it will be hard enough to get the guild to level 15 for that key. And I think it would break our hearts to dismantle our tavern after all the work we put in. Since it's the first dimension I got my hands on since I started playing about three months ago, and it's made me fall in love with dimension building, I know it would break mine for sure

It's just my two cents, but if Trion wants to make money out of dimensioneers they should allow us more guild dimensions. It should be clear to them by now that we're more than willing to buy stuff and fill up those dimensions.
    Last edited by Cailynn; 09-21-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    It's just my two cents, but if Trion wants to make money out of dimensioneers they should allow us more guild dimensions. It should be clear to them by now that we're more than willing to buy stuff and fill up those dimensions.
    You see again (as with the mystery boxes), this is a puzzlement. There can't be many companies whose customers practically beg to be allowed to spend money on their products. I wish my customers begged me that way lol.

+ Reply to Thread