+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I'm not crazy, I swear! (Giant Ant Farm, by Spudkin@Wolfsbane)

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Default I'm not crazy, I swear! (Giant Ant Farm, by Spudkin@Wolfsbane)

When I was a child, one of my favorite toys was my Uncle Milton's Giant Ant Farm. I have vivid memories of opening the box, filling the farm with sand, ordering my ants and waiting for them to arrive, loading the farm with my precious mail-order ants, watching them build tunnels hour after hour! Sadly, my tiny ant colony had no queen so it was doomed from the beginning. Childhood was not all about fun (i.e., rollerblades, Barbie dating G.I. Joe, Atari Commodore 64, and rainbows), there were sad lessons, too!!

I'm not crazy, I swear!  (Giant Ant Farm, by Spudkin@Wolfsbane)-antfarm.jpg

This may be my kookiest dimension yet. I hope some of you will visit out of curiosity or because of nostalgic feelings about your own childhood Ant Farm. Either way, I sincerely hope you get a kick out of it!

Giant Ant Farm, by Spudkin@Wolfsbane

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

You are a bit crazy Diva but in the best possible way! Absolutely amazing, hilarious and fun dimension and the ants are so cute and funny. I don't know how you come up with these ideas but they always have me in stitches!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

ROFLMAO... only you, my dear Spud, only you! hahahahahaha (love ya anyway!)

And I think the ant farm is an American thing. I don't recall mail order ants in Germany. LOLOL

Now, I did play with my Barbie and Skipper and Ken all the time! Maybe we should make a Barbie dream house! OMG Hailol dim would be perfect, with all that pink hahahaha

I can't WAIT to check out your ant farm!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Now, I did play with my Barbie and Skipper and Ken all the time! Maybe we should make a Barbie dream house! OMG Hailol dim would be perfect, with all that pink hahahaha
    Your Barbie should have dumped Ken for G.I. Joe! Joe could bench press Barbie's pink Corvette and he was so much hotter! Meanwhile, Ken insisted on wearing a jacket with his swim trunks .... Adios, Ken!

I hope you enjoy my kooky dimension, Agrona!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

You might be crazy, but it's a good crazy.

I loved this dimension, and I really enjoyed the creative concept as well as the flawless execution (though I would expect nothing less from the original Dimensionerd).

Kudos on another great piece of work.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I did enjoy your ant farm, every small detail. The architecture is perfect, the ants are lovable and there's always the humor that makes every Diva build : ) I don't really understand why it would be crazy to build something like this, it's certainly miles more fun than the 100th tavern or something (not that I have anything against taverns )
    Super work, love it!

Plane Touched

good fun, loved the toilet door sign! and baby/queen room.
    what a wonderful refreshing idea this whole build. Thank you uncle Milton

what an absolutely amazingly fun build. I am glad I am a snoop when it comes to DIM's , because I almost missed the door on the right side. Keep em coming Diva!

OMG DUDE!!!!!!! Holy Building blocks! How many did you use?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The best part was the break room and the time cards hahahaha

Man, that's some amazing imagination and skills you got, Spud! I just love how your mind works and that you always come up with these brilliant, off the wall ideas and builds!

You rock, my friend!!

PS: Yea, I don't think my mom would buy me "war" toys... so sadly, my Barbie was stuck with silly Ken! hahaha
    Last edited by Agrona77; 09-05-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Wildly cute, funny and adorable!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Those little ants are welcome at my picnic any time!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I was a bit worried my Giant Ant Farm was too odd for anybody to appreciate ... I am relieved some of you actually enjoyed it. Thank you for all the kind words! Hopefully, a few of you recalled fond memories of your own childhood Ant Farms and, if you did, my condolences for being old like me!

This is so great, I really enjoyed checking it out!

you don't even need to post a screenshot because the picture on the box is exactly what it looks like hehe

That is so funny that it actually says "Giant ant farm" on the front of it, I figured that was something you added because well, it's a giant ant farm, lol

Also how awesome would one of those ants be as a companion pet!
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

I LOVE off the wall stuff. Great job, seriously. You must have been giggling when you were making some the scenes inside. I know I would have been. Love love loved it!
    Current Dimensions on Greybriar: Mount Olympus ][ BeetleJuice ][ Star Trek ][ Clue ][ Bobblehead Emporium ][ Cod fish...on a hook! ][ 1. O-Ren Ishii (Cottonmouth) ][ Suburban Mancave ][ MIB TOG Style ][ Kiss The Girl ][ Yabba-Dabba-Doo ][ Fallout Vault 101 ][ The Beverly Hillbillies

Yea this is just amazing Diva, it's very charming, I was just smiling the whole time I toured. Love the Queen ant and all the workers.. in the workroom! ha ha, it brings back memories of childhood for sure... I never had the ant farm, always wanted one, but somehow I ended up with Sea Monkeys instead, lol

I loved it! Very cute! We actually got our son an ant farm from the Science Museum store last year for Christmas. So they are still in style.

The ant in the doorway of the nursery made me think of the movie Sling Blade. "Wtf are you doing with that axe Carl?"
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast