+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Items and Dimension Keys in 3.0?

Default New Items and Dimension Keys in 3.0?

Is there any information floating around out there about what we might have to look forward to? I remember Faratha saying there might be an underwater dimension, but nothing about new items. I am really hoping hard that we might get some of the things requested on our wish lists.....and especially hoping they will just be in the store and not tied to some achievement or mystery box !
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Is there any information floating around out there about what we might have to look forward to? I remember Faratha saying there might be an underwater dimension, but nothing about new items. I am really hoping hard that we might get some of the things requested on our wish lists.....and especially hoping they will just be in the store and not tied to some achievement or mystery box !
    I'm not one of the people in the loop, but I also remember the livestream you're referring to, and that there would be at least one underwater dimension, which I'm kind of on the fence about until I see it or something about it. That one livestream was the only time I've even heard dimensions in 3.0 mentioned.

Hopefully, with launch so close, more information will be forthcoming about this little slice of the game very soon. Or any information at all.

More than new keys, I'm really looking forward to new items. Specifically, I really hope for some new basic building blocks (not premade walls), or even reskins of the old ones in new colors (really not picky, at this point). This is also a good opportunity to really make something a bit more exciting out of Dreamweaving and the other professions. I'm sitting on about 15k dream ribbons, just waiting to make something fun--or something in more colors than red, so that my pillows will match the curtains.

Like you, what I don't want to see are items that can only be found from a mystery box. I don't mind items so much being tied to achievements, and I don't even mind items being tied to notoriety like the planar sky projectors. But the boxes...if gambling is someone's thing, that's well and good, I don't care for it myself, and when I might use 50-100 of a single item for one build, relying on RNG that has always hated me just makes me angry and frustrated.
    Last edited by Feendish; 08-30-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Yep, I feel exactly the same way you do on every single point! I sure hope we hear something soon, it's driving me crazy Personally I don't care one way or the other about any new keys. Mainly because I am sitting on several that I haven't even gotten a good idea for yet. But I want more colors and textures in building blocks SO bad!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    ... what I don't want to see are items that can only be found from a mystery box. I don't mind items so much being tied to achievements, and I don't even mind items being tied to notoriety like the planar sky projectors. But the boxes...if gambling is someone's thing, that's well and good, I don't care for it myself, and when I might use 50-100 of a single item for one build, relying on RNG that has always hated me just makes me angry and frustrated.
    Yes, the mystery boxes were a disappointment to many of us who believe gambling is the root of all evil. Just kidding but they weren't fun for some of us. I hope we see new items available from the widest variety of sources this time: the RiftStore, fishing, questing, achievements, notoriety, general crafting, dreamweaving, even gambling (hork!). Items from multiple sources would please everybody who is pleasable. Sure, I'd love to just buy everything, but even Lazydiva wants goodies for all Dimensionerds, not just the mega-shoppers!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Rift Chaser

I'd love for some dreamweaving items that aren't effects as effects have a way more limited use (aka you generally need less and they are used less for morphing) then non effects. Though I guess dreamweaving is about effects and I like new dim toys regardless of what they are.

I hope for a lot of new items from other sources as well. I would be verh disappointed though if they will be all gamblebox items, as for me personally thats almost the same as not existing at all (finding the items by chance in the ah and affordable is my way to get them pretty much). Same for the items only available by achievements from dungeons or raids, as thats simply not something i am into. Let alone enough to ever get an achievement. I am into dimensions and casual pve-ing. I dont mind some items being quite a bit of work to get, as long as they are within reach.

New keys would be great, but I am looking forward to new items way more.
    Last edited by Serathe; 08-31-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Same here, I am not into raiding and have never bought a mystery box....and never will. I did manage to buy enough artifacts to open up two of the Trophy collections, but gave that up as it was just too expensive and too difficult to do it that way anymore. So regrettably, some items are definitely out of reach for me, and that makes me sad, if not downright angry.

I mainly wish to see some new items from fishing, and definitely from crafting...in all professions. The store is convenient, but I don't mind working for something too as long as it's not an attempt to force me into activities that I simply do not enjoy. As far as finding desirable items on the AH at affordable prices.....well....good luck with that.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Shield of Telara

One place I have always hoped they would add dim items at were the daily reward. And not some random one you can find throughout the world, but unique ones tied to just daily rewards. Sometimes I do not even claim my daily reward just because I know it is only going to be an artifact I do not need. But if I had a chance at a dim item I would never forget to claim it.

Also, I still have my fingers crossed for more "anywhere" dimensions with different terrain such as grass and snow.

I've wondered why there are dimension items that are only available through raiding. What percentage of raiders are into building dimensions?

I would love to see more crafting recipes for dimensions items added! Other than Dreamweaver, we have not seen any dim item recipes added since SL went live. But then all of SL crafting has felt neglected to me. Also, more items available with planarite. I sit at planarite cap with nothing to spend it on.

I was thinking Dream Weaver, or some crafting profession(s), ought to be able to salvage dimension items. Especially now that so many of them aren't worth listing due to the new AH fees. Everything else is salvageable, why not dim items? That might require new recipes that use the salvage bits though, and I have no idea what such recipes would be for.

Mystery Boxes, blek. I have not and will not buy gamble boxes. IMO, Trion milks the dimension community disproportionately without adding gamble boxes into the mix.
    Last edited by Shattered; 08-31-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

We all pretty much agree gambling to get dimension items is bad, having to collect bounties, dungeon grinding or endless artifact collecting puts a dimension fan in the position of being pushed toward activities they may not enjoy or don't have the time to complete, all have the effect of forcing those players toward massive amounts of platinum to buy off the auction house that which they can't earn, which in most cases means buying REX to support the process.
    The way it is now most dimension builders are held hostage to others via AH for exotic items and most of the new content, the rest is hooked in to a gamble box, hardly the way to reward a crowd that throws cash at them (lots) at 3am to finish the dim they have almost finished.

I would like to see more drops from mobs in the open world, most of us through professions farm mobs, the more you farm, the better chance to earn items from each zone - perhaps a better chance for them to drop if the player is mentored to the proper level.

Items earned via completion of content, quests, leveling rewards, exploration rewards tied to achievements, all should be freely traded so those who don't build can earn a fair price for them and others can attain more than one.
    Rare mobs should drop unique BOP dim items so they can't be hoarded and camped endlessly.

Underwater dimension? It better be something so amazing it lights up your imagination... otherwise, meh.
    Last edited by Wonk; 08-31-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: typo
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Rift Chaser

Underwater dimension. I sure hope I can not drown in it as that would complicate building a great deal. Maybe a easy to get and cheap water breathing buff dim item (so you can place multiple) if you can drown?
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

If they gave us some way to displace the water, like the weather blocking objects, then underwater dimensions could be very exciting. I was already wishing for something like this in Shoreward Island, imagine the possibilities
    Last edited by Atmospherik; 08-31-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I've wondered why there are dimension items that are only available through raiding. What percentage of raiders are into building dimensions?
    I've talked to a very small handful of people that are into both high tier raiding and dimensions (as in, less than 5). The time sink of raiding doesn't really mesh well with the time sink that are dimensions, and both are plat-heavy activities, so something always ends up taking a back seat--usually dimension building.

Judging from the Greybriar AH, raiding and achievement hunting seem to be good for farming platinum from dimension builders, if the prices of some items are anything to go by. Whether these things sell or not (average price for a Ghost Clock? 3k plat), remains to be seen. I know I'm certainly not going to pay that much for a clock, when it's far too easy to just make one.

What I would like to see:

1. Quest rewards that include dimension items.

2. Items that can be bought from the Quartermasters in the lower level zones as well as the higher level areas (think of how many notoriety pots could be sold if the Century Plant were on the Quartermaster!).

3. As a dimension builder, it was worth my time to grind Lycini rep and Torvan for dimension items, continue that trend in future expansions with GH5 or SH62 equivalent for Nightmare Tide.

4. Updated fishing drops.

5. Recipes, recipes, recipes, for every profession. Many dimension builders are also avid crafters, that kills 2 birds with one stone. Make some of the recipes require top tier marks. Give me a reason to spend some of my 100 GM marks. If the mats are painful, that's nothing less than I would expect for the theoretical quality of the item I'm crafting.

6. For items that are currently only in boxes, do a slight reskin (as was done for world drop items when they were put into the boxes), and sell them on the store or make them drops in open world.

7. The ability to change the color of a building block as I can change the color of my armor.

That's about all I can think of right now.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    But I want more colors and textures in building blocks SO bad!!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post

What I would like to see:

1. Quest rewards that include dimension items.

2. Items that can be bought from the Quartermasters in the lower level zones as well as the higher level areas (think of how many notoriety pots could be sold if the Century Plant were on the Quartermaster!).

3. As a dimension builder, it was worth my time to grind Lycini rep and Torvan for dimension items, continue that trend in future expansions with GH5 or SH62 equivalent for Nightmare Tide.

4. Updated fishing drops.

5. Recipes, recipes, recipes, for every profession. Many dimension builders are also avid crafters, that kills 2 birds with one stone. Make some of the recipes require top tier marks. Give me a reason to spend some of my 100 GM marks. If the mats are painful, that's nothing less than I would expect for the theoretical quality of the item I'm crafting.

6. For items that are currently only in boxes, do a slight reskin (as was done for world drop items when they were put into the boxes), and sell them on the store or make them drops in open world.

7. The ability to change the color of a building block as I can change the color of my armor.
    Great suggestions and I would love to see things like this for 3.0
    Last edited by Nouvae; 08-31-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Default Psssst.....

I found new dimension items on PTS!!! They are in the store, in kits under Landscaping and Plants. They are even reasonably priced with plat!! I won't give away anything else, you guys can go see for yourself Unfortunately, I didn't find any new building blocks or other stuff we've been asking for, but these items are neat anyway. They look to be for decorating that underwater dimension we've heard about
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast