• 1 Post By Feendish
  • 2 Post By Seyler
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 3 Post By Atmospherik
  • 1 Post By Atmospherik
  • 1 Post By Nithydux

Thread: FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright

Default FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright

So I'm pretty excited about this build, i think i'll be a tease this time and just post the one pic for now. So everyone go check it out!

FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-2014-08-27_221553.jpg

I didn't want to simply copy the real Frank Lloyd Wright house, because that would be boring and i wasn't sure it would really fit right in Moonshade Pools anyway. So i decided to try to imagine how the real house would have turned out if it was built in Moonshade Pools.

I hope everyone enjoys it, and tell your friends and guildies to visit too!
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Oh man I love architecture in buildings and homes Frank Lloyd Wright is amazing, I checked the design out and did double take. Fantastic style, clean and modern your interpretation you made your own is very inspiring, popping over for sure very soon.

Woah... I'm speechless! I wish I had a knack for architecture, but alas I don't LOL

I can't WAIT to check out your dim!!

Default Wow....

I LOVE unusual architecture, and this building is awesome! I just finished touring....went through it twice to make sure I didn't miss any details! What a fun vacation house that would be! I'd love to see it with an Autumn Harvest projector too....if the moon appeared in the right place so it was visible anyway. Or a Time of Day item for Early Sunrise, or Sunset. Don't mind me, I've gone nuts for those things lately LOL. But your build is totally fantastic. My vote brought it up to a whopping 5 total, so everyone be sure to go visit, this one deserves a lot more than that
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Plane Touched

I have the lego Architect version of Falling Waters so I know a bit of what it looks like. You have incorporated quite a few elements of it. Well done!

Moonshade Pools has inspired a number of Falling Water builds, including my own. Yours looks amazing and I'm looking forward to a visit!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Some very nice touches in this dimension, and I agree with Foxfire, it ought to have many more votes.

Beautifully done.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Beautiful build, inside and out. I appreciate the creativity and the careful choice of building materials, it's stunning and modern, the decorations are just right and not overdone. Many fantastic views from each level. Extra-special congrats on the stairs, they are all seamless and pretty and I never tripped on them which is really unusual for me This is a masterpiece.

I just loved this dim! I visited the other night and man, what an impressive build! It's an architectural marvel. I just loved all the clean lines, the open spaces, the whole interior decor, very classy and smooth! Well done!

I visited last night. Absolutely gorgeous & what a way to tribute a truly great architect. Kudos!

If I wasn't getting the 2024 error right now, I'd be in there. That looks stunning!
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Thanks everyone!

I'm really sort of overwhelmed with how beautiful it turned out, although I owe some credit to trion's people for designing a beautiful dim for me to start with, and eh heck maybe a little credit to Frank Lloyd Wright too.

A few people asked me if I followed blueprints, and I looked at some for sure, but honestly not being an Architect they are pretty confusing. What I basically did was just look at tuns of pictures from as many angles as I could find, and i found a very cool 3d model of the house that helped a lot. My intention was never really to duplicate the original house exactly, but more to design my own house, but steal all the amazing aesthetic stuff that makes the original so amazing.

It was very cool how well the design of the real house worked with using an addon like toolbox. Everything comes together in a very mathematical way, most of the floors and balconies are either a full sized tile, or one and a half, and then everything is offset by half a tile in most places, if you look at the original house it could almost be made out of giant tiles...lol, ok that thought may be a sign that I'm spending too much time in my dimensions.

So I just realized last night that you can't visit dimensions on other shards without making an alt there I was totally blown away by the new shard hopping feature, and had just assumed you could visit dims too. I played Rift for more then a year after launch then took an extended break. So I'm still in the process of relearning everything.

So anyway I took a few more nice shots of the dimension that i'll post for people not on Faeblight to enjoy, and I guess i'll have to make a few alts to do some touring myself.

<La Nostra Famiglia>

The stairs to the front door are inspired by the stairs that go down to the river in the real house

FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-falling001.jpg
    Caution Hard Hat Area! I wish I had taken more of these

FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-falling002.jpg

The fireplace is just so awesome I pretty much tried to copy it exactly, but the crazy red kettle was just too crazy, maybe if there were red painted spheres!
    FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-falling003.jpg

My attempt at modern art, hehe

FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-falling004.jpg

I clearly went my own way here, what is it with dimensions and hot tubs? lol

FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-falling006.jpg

Selfie! (is that how you spell selfie? ugh)

FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright-falling007.jpg

<La Nostra Famiglia>

Sometimes I wish I was this talented.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

I visited your dimension tonight and ...just wow, .. I love it, beautiful re-imagination.

+ Reply to Thread