+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Atmospherik
  • 1 Post By Atmospherik

Thread: Problem with Statues

Default Problem with Statues

Hi, new to this forum, so apologies if this topic has been mentioned before.

A friend and I on Gelidra EU shard are having real problems with the Diravoss statue in our dimensions. (We are fairly new to dimensioneering.) We really love this character and wanted him to be a part of certain themed dimensions. We saw that in other dimensions, people have been able to 'bury' the pedestal below the floor, to make the statue part seem independent, like a real npc. But when we try this, Diravoss perversely grabs back his pedestal when our backs are turned! We also can't turn him round to face us. The turning mechanism makes no difference. We have a friend on another shard who has no problem like this, which suggests we might be doing something wrong, missing the obvious or something.

Has anyone any advice or tips about this? Would be much appreciated.

Yes this is an issue since 2.8 rolled out. There are a couple other threads in this forum about it, plus at least one other thread in the tech forum. No word yet from Trion about a fix but I hope it's soon.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

To get around this bug until Trion fixes it just Select the statue using the placed items list, actually clicking it on the list rather then on the screen. As long as you select it from the list before each time you move or rotate it, you should have no problems.

Hope this helps
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

I've not been able to save any changes to statues or elevators/sliders since 2.8 rolled out. If you are able to move them and have the new location actually stay saved at logout, that would be a fabulous workaround.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-26-2014 at 07:05 AM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Atmospherik View Post
    To get around this bug until Trion fixes it just Select the statue using the placed items list, actually clicking it on the list rather then on the screen. As long as you select it from the list before each time you move or rotate it, you should have no problems.

Hope this helps
    That's very interesting and something I will definitely give a try. Have had the same issue with the states as well.

If you use an addon like Toolbox, after placing something like a Practice Dummy, select it on the screen and look at toolbox, it will say you have nothing selected, despite being able to click the arrows and drag the base of the Dummy around. Now bring up the placed item list and select the dummy from the list and look at toolbox, now it will say that you have a practice dummy selected.

Seems to me that the bug has something to do with the interactive items being made up of two parts, the base, and the part that you actually interact with. I don't no nuthin about no vidya game programmin tho
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

Thanks for the tip about the item list. I'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by Atmospherik View Post
    If you use an addon like Toolbox, after placing something like a Practice Dummy, select it on the screen and look at toolbox, it will say you have nothing selected, despite being able to click the arrows and drag the base of the Dummy around. Now bring up the placed item list and select the dummy from the list and look at toolbox, now it will say that you have a practice dummy selected.

Seems to me that the bug has something to do with the interactive items being made up of two parts, the base, and the part that you actually interact with. I don't no nuthin about no vidya game programmin tho
    Big thanks to Atmospherik for this, as it is a valid workaround. I played with it last night and was finally able to re-place a sage's spire back where it belonged so I can finish a build.

You do have to continually select and re-select the item from the list, but as long as it is selected, your changes will stay upon logout. Thanks again!!
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Looks like this is getting fixed in today's hotfix:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4894212
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread