+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Terrain Paint drawing on items!

Default Help! Terrain Paint drawing on items!

I am having a problem with Terrain Paint (specifically Death) drawing all over the sides and top of Undulating Pustules and Pustules with Stalk. Is this a known glitch? IS there any way to stop it? Also - the paint is drawing up the side of building blocks (metal tile) that I am using for walls. I was under the impression it only draws on terrain or the TOP of building blocks.
    This is very frustrating, since I wish to enter a contest, and both the paint and the pustules are an important part of the build.
    I hope there is an easy answer.

Terrain paints will "paint" all building block items and apparently these are considered building blocks. The only I thing I can suggest besides swapping to other items is to make the paint smaller and see if you can adjust its coverage,
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Rift Chaser

Unfortunately all paints will paint all sides of the all buildingblocks for parts you place on it's surface, all the way up to the sky, so it might also effect your ceiling as well as your floor. It seems to be like a column of paint in the circle as big as the paint grabbing all building blocks in it's way and colors them whole (well the parts overlapping at least). making them smaller only makes the radius smaller but still will paint everything on top and below. At least that's my experience.

It does make them less viable for a lot of things. I do find it odd it paints something which clearly isn't a building block though, like the pustules.
    Last edited by Serathe; 08-26-2014 at 03:37 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Champion

How scary!

So will sell mine... definitely!
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Terrain paints will "paint" all building block items and apparently these are considered building blocks. The only I thing I can suggest besides swapping to other items is to make the paint smaller and see if you can adjust its coverage,
    ya - i tried the re-sizing thing, but it only flickers and stays the same. I think the best i can do is re-position so the paint is not under the postules. I also wish they would make the paint only work DOWN. It does, as another poster says, go "up to the sky"

There are some really cool usages for it though after you've had a chance to experiment with what it will paint or not. I've seen painted bedposts while the rest is unpainted, for a striking look. And huge round structures of death paint for a striking contrast against a large morph. So they are cool but sometimes it's not what you want, and why some things are considered building blocks and others are not is just... incomprehensible at times.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Well - after talking to fellow builders and doing some experiments, I have learned a couple of things about terrain paint I would like to share.
    1) There is a limit to how high the paint will go. if you bury it deep enough in the ground, you will eventually get to a point where it will only paint the floor, but not the walls, or only part way up the walls if desired.
    2) The same thing works in reverse, meaning you can actually paint a ceiling if you place the paint high enough. This can lead to some cool effects.
    How this "wisdom" helps - lol

+ Reply to Thread