+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: Can't place certain items in dimension

Rift Disciple

Default Can't place certain items in dimension

I can't seem to place certain items in my dimension: Medium Warm Light, Steam Jet .. I try to place them but I can't see where they are put, and when I click the 'Edit Mode' button they just pop back into my inventory. HOW do I successfully place these in a dimension?

Rift Disciple

Ok I figured out how to place it .. you need to click one of the other options on the bar for the Place to finish. Then you can use the 'Dimention Items' button to find the item in the list and click on it and change its features.

Oddly though I placed the Medium Warm Light but after gettng out of edit mode I don't see any light?

Rift Disciple

Hmm ok now I'm trying to put a Small Sandstorm down (it worked before) BUT when I click any other button nothing appears and I can't change the item's features. This seems quite flukey to work with >.< How can I place these and actually be able to change them consistently .. seems like a crap shoot right now :-/

Hi Haran,

Well the dreamweaver lights are just like a glow, if you will. The closer they are to the ground or an object, the better it is to see the "light". I use them to light up my market stalls. It just brightens up shadowy areas. Or use them inside a structure, near a window, to make it seem that light comes through and brightens up that area, while the rest of the house is left a bid darker.

I don't believe you can change the features of the orange sand storm. It has been a while since I messed around with one. I only used a few of them in my Souq Asha dim. I think you can make them bigger, but I'm not certain.

When you place them, just wait for the directional arrows to appear. Some items need a bit longer to appear for some reason. There's like a short delay, before you can manipulate them.

At times, I have also issues with seeing some of the effects. When that happens, I have to log out and restart my client. Everything works fine then.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you are experiencing any more issues with the placement. What server are you on?

Rift Disciple

I guess I'll have to get a dimension with a darker area to see the lights. I have a lot of dimensions but no real dark areas in them that I can remember.

As for the sandstorm and steam jet, I've successfully placed the sandstorm before but now it never seems to show up and as with the steam jet clicking on any other options does nothing and clicking the edit button just puts them back into inventory :-/ .. maybe it was a laggy time on the server..? FYI, I'm on the Greybriar server.

i have had a similar issue with the mushrooms that remove weeds. One i place them, the only way i can move them is to select them from the list - even right AFTER i set them down. The arrows are there, and i can move them - but the object itself doesnt move

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    i have had a similar issue with the mushrooms that remove weeds. One i place them, the only way i can move them is to select them from the list - even right AFTER i set them down. The arrows are there, and i can move them - but the object itself doesnt move
    These mushrooms are considered and act like interactives, so you need to select the base in order to manipulate it. Since they are small, it's easiest to select it from the list (interactives are usually at the end of the list).
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Rift Disciple

Meh I still can't place sandstorm and steam jet (as well as some others). I place them and see nothing.. If I try to select them from the list I see nothing highlighted and the buttons to manipulate the object do nothing. Kind of impossible to change or move something when you can't see it or any of the directional arrows. <sigh>

+ Reply to Thread