+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By echoesofeternity
  • 2 Post By echoesofeternity
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: Malluma Track - floating tower/lighthouse?

Default Malluma Track - floating tower/lighthouse?

I thought it might just be the usual video memory thing where distant objects start disappearing after some time, but even when setting all distances to maximum and immediately after restarting the game, the tower still appears not to be placed on anything solid.

This is what it looks like. Does anyone else have this issue?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofeternity View Post
    I thought it might just be the usual video memory thing where distant objects start disappearing after some time, but even when setting all distances to maximum and immediately after restarting the game, the tower still appears not to be placed on anything solid.

This is what it looks like. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Looks like a draw distance issue. Maximum draw, regardless of settings, is only something like 175-ish meters, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. It's normally not too noticeable, except for in large dimensions with a big horizon. You don't normally see it too much from a base dimension, though.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Looks like a draw distance issue. Maximum draw, regardless of settings, is only something like 175-ish meters, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. It's normally not too noticeable, except for in large dimensions with a big horizon. You don't normally see it too much from a base dimension, though.
    That was taken from the default entry point (up on the track). It just jumps at you as soon as you enter.

Also, I tried to get as close to it as possible, but it just doesn't seem as if anything is there (or if there is, it's the type of object that only shows when you're closer to it than you can physically get to - that is if I'm not the only one experiencing this of course). Here's what it looks like when I'm standing right at the dimension border, same thing:

Right, I figured it out by visiting the location in the actual gameworld.

This is the tower as seen from a distance halfway between the dimension border and Tulan...

...and this is the base of the tower that can be seen only when you enter the city!

I don't understand the object drawing priorities in Rift, this floating tower thing happens a lot in Tempest Bay too, and there are other floating objects without the associated bases/supports in other places too. Shouldn't the priority be to draw the base first, then the object standing on it, to preserve some sense of immersion and plausibility?

I think that whole area has some building flaws. This is what I found.

Strange Bush

And it's located on a hill overlooking Malluma Tracks

Maybe the Devs need to employ some dimensionerds to straighten out all their hasty work LOL
    Although, the world of Telara is beautiful and I guess just like the real world, has its flaws. So, yea, sorry Devs, I'm not trying to diminish your work, really!

+ Reply to Thread