+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By princessfroggit
  • 6 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By princessfroggit

Thread: Desperately Seeking Ideas/Advice

Default Desperately Seeking Ideas/Advice

Let me start by saying I'm on Zaviel (EU)

I have a main dimension I've been working on for a while now, every time I end up with a thousand plat or so I sink most of it into the dimension.

The only part that is 99% finished is the top tier of the Edge of Infinity dim. I have a garden at the top, but the bridge leading to it looks disjointed, and the plan is to put in wall segments on their side to create a more realistic looking bridge. Though one isn't needed to get up there, it's more for directional purposes.

Initially, I put up walls to find out how large an area I'd be working with on the lower portion and leading to the top deck... the trouble is, it has a very uneven floor that is invisible, and it slopes upward, back down, back up, and I doubt seriously I can put a floor in unless I make a floating floor.... and then I have no idea what to do with walls...

I need serious help here. I don't know if I should just make a staircase going up to a floating floor area and wall it in where it won't be uneven, or if I should try to keep it lower, and create the rooms and "castle" like living space I had originally intended.

Also, I don't know what to do in the area where the dummy is, I wanted to make it look like a training ground, but I'm at a loss about what to put down to make it appear like grass... there's not much in the way of actual grass that doesn't just cover a tiny portion of the ground... any ideas there are also really welcome.

The last part is where my waterfall on the top tier comes down from pretty much nowhere... I'm not sure if I should try to place rocks coming out from the metal where Crucia was found hanging out in FT, to make it seem more natural'ish or ..... I really don't know....

If you're still with me, and still interested in doing a massively good deed by answering, the dimension name is Serendipity. I really appreciate any advice and direction you pros have

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

First, your garden setup on the top tier of EoI is gorgeous.

Keeping that garden in mind, one thing you can try (this is just an idea; in the end, it's your dimension and it should make you happy) is to make your own ground by stepping some large rocks to add directional context as well as placing the steps slightly above the invisible ramp so visitors aren't walking on air, but on an area you want them to see. By rocks, I'm talking about big rocks like Mossy Outcroppings or Two-Level Mossy Boulders, both of which get VERY large and both of which can be finagled until they lay flat. Those large rocks can also make a foundation for any structure you wish to add.

Bonus: the mossy rocks can do a decent job of simulating a grassy texture.

As far as natural-ish looking landscapes, that's a matter of personal taste, and if you feel you'll have the item limit to manage it on top of whatever you might have planned. Personally, I love Edge of Infinity for natural builds because it is so very easy to completely transform. Personally, I also like to try to make those natural builds look...natural through the use of layering and mixing colors and textures, with varying degrees of success build to build. But everyone is different, so if you like a water feature that can only be explained by sheer fantasy, there is nothing wrong with that.

If you want to see a natural build in Edge of Infinity on Zaviel, I strongly recommend paying a visit to Pure Land, by Jazar. You'll have to do an All-Time search to find it, because it's definitely a hidden gem.

Another good one to visit that has a structure in place is Midnight Valley, on Gelidra, by Morticae. This one mixes a natural setting with the structure, and might be good for some ideas/inspiration about how to carry it off.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Default Getting There!

I took your advice a bit, and am creating something natural up top to go with the waterfall, and the bridge now looks much better too. Really appreciate the help and tips, am going a long way with it now

My only issue now seems to be: WTB 20 bazillion jet boulders. (which I have yet to turn in different directions so it looks a little different)

Thank you for the direction!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thank you, and I'm glad I could help.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread