+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Atraius

Thread: Interactive items error

Default Interactive items error

I noticed an error with some interactive items.

The storm bay transport system (elevator), dream weaver working station and the brevane elevator dont update when u place them from one point to another...or rotate them...

sry for the names i have a german client and dont wanted to switch to english..

also there are problems with alpha shaders that dont work correctly...in conquest at one of the starting castles the fire bowls on the stairs at the entries have black parts where transparent parts where bevore...the same thing with the haunted bell and the bell with the same mesh and texture...

trion pls fix it if theres time...the alpha texture error is a very old unfixed error and the error with the interactive items is new for me -.-

other ppl pls continue to adress errors here. thx...or if u have any idea how to fix this from my computer local...tried reinstall rift, repair, grafic driver...etc -.- didnt work.

//Atraius

Thanks for posting about this. I still haven't heard back on the ticket I submitted last weekend, but hopefully dev eyes catch your thread as well as this one.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I was noticing the same problem with moving a few things like Practice Dummies and the Dreamweaver workstation.

I noticed that the issue seems to have to do with targeting them, with the toolbox addon when you target a Practice Dummy, it says that you have nothing selected, even though you have arrows on the screen and can move the base around. The way i found to fix this is to bring up your placed item list, and select the Dummy on the list, this way it actually shows up as being selected in Toolbox, and can now be moved properly.

Basically when you select one of these problem items by clicking it on the screen, you aren't actually selecting it, it just looks like you are, so as long as you target them using the placed item list every time, you should be able to get around it.

Hopefully this info will help old Trion fix the issue
    Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

Bumping this thread so the devs can see it. Would really love a fix for this so I can complete a couple of builds.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Cross-posting to the various threads dealing with this issue:

Big thanks to Atmospherik for this, as it is a valid workaround. I played with it last night and was finally able to re-place a sage's spire back where it belonged so I can finish a build.

You do have to continually select and re-select the item from the list, but as long as it is selected, your changes will stay upon logout.
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread