+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Problems with Interactive Items since the Weekend

Default Problems with Interactive Items since the Weekend

Has anyone else had issues with this problem?

Some interactive items are not responding to changes. I've found this so far with the Tempest Bay Slider and the Sagespire Tower.

Once placed, the item's position is locked and while you can move it or even change its size, the changes are not saved; no matter how many times you change it, it reverts to the initial placed position on zone in.

To change this placed position, you must pick it up and place it again. However, the problem remains that any further changes to position are unsaved by the server. This means I cannot turn the item to face another direction, lower or raise it, or do any of the normal tweaks standard to building in dimensions.

I submitted a ticket on the subject today, as it's been going on for a couple days now. Kind of kills a couple builds in progress for me. Anyone else?
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-11-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

I am having similar problems. Since the recent game patch. item placement, scaling, and rotation do not get saved and do not remain static. Building block items (i.e., blocks, planks, tiles) rescale and relocate unexpectedly. Changes I make revert suddenly. My biggest building problems happen when I use Dimension Tools (DT). It selects items on its own, rendering key functions (e.g., copy, paste) useless, since multiple items are always selected. It's impossible to deselect the mystery item without reloading my dimension and/or my game client. This issue, and the other DT glitches I've noticed, have already been reported at RiftDreamDimensions, where the DT project lives. I use this tool daily so I'm hoping they'll produce an update (the last one came out in May). However, since there are so many other issues in the game (e.g., the Auction House shutdown, login trouble), the problem is obviously bigger than DT needing an update. Hope Trion is on top of it!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    I am having similar problems. Since the recent game patch. item placement, scaling, and rotation do not get saved and do not remain static. Building block items (i.e., blocks, planks, tiles) rescale and relocate unexpectedly. Changes I make revert suddenly. My biggest building problems happen when I use Dimension Tools (DT). It selects items on its own, rendering key functions (e.g., copy, paste) useless, since multiple items are always selected. It's impossible to deselect the mystery item without reloading my dimension and/or my game client. This issue, and the other DT glitches I've noticed, have already been reported at RiftDreamDimensions, where the DT project lives. I use this tool daily so I'm hoping they'll produce an update (the last one came out in May). However, since there are so many other issues in the game (e.g., the Auction House shutdown, login trouble), the problem is obviously bigger than DT needing an update. Hope Trion is on top of it!
    As I posted in another thread, I am having the very same problem with building block items and Dimension Tools. Thank goodness we still have Toolbox, although I really hope DT gets fixed soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    My biggest building problems happen when I use Dimension Tools (DT). It selects items on its own, rendering key functions (e.g., copy, paste) useless, since multiple items are always selected. It's impossible to deselect the mystery item without reloading my dimension and/or my game client.
    Just confirming that I'm getting this too, every 2 minutes or so I somehow get "multiple items selected" and can't deselect the "mystery item" as you said.

I'm having issues also. Can't rotate practice dummies or move elevators once placed

I've noticed that this problem also applies to items that contain NPCs. Bartenders, statues, and practice dummies are all ones that I haven't been able to rotate or change in any way after placing them. I hope this will be addressed soon!
    Last edited by Rastion; 08-12-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Champion

I'm also having problems with dimension objects, but I'm not sure if it's Dimension Tools that's having the issue, or just the game itself. Besides the multiple items selected problems, items will randomly move position or reset their rotations. This happened with two items I'd been working with while I had the store open browsing the dimensions category.

At this point, I guess I'll try to use Dimension Toolbox and/or no addon at all to do some testing. All of the items I'm working with right now have to be rotated/scaled using the in-game tools anyway (in other words, lots of very finicky morphing/positioning that's not easily reproducible if it gets randomly reset ). If I can't figure out how to avoid the issues (or if the problem is the game and not the addons), I'll just have to delay the current build and wait on a fix I think.

Hoping for a fix soon for whatever the problems are!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    I'm also having problems with dimension objects, but I'm not sure if it's Dimension Tools that's having the issue, or just the game itself. Besides the multiple items selected problems, items will randomly move position or reset their rotations. This happened with two items I'd been working with while I had the store open browsing the dimensions category.

At this point, I guess I'll try to use Dimension Toolbox and/or no addon at all to do some testing. All of the items I'm working with right now have to be rotated/scaled using the in-game tools anyway (in other words, lots of very finicky morphing/positioning that's not easily reproducible if it gets randomly reset ). If I can't figure out how to avoid the issues (or if the problem is the game and not the addons), I'll just have to delay the current build and wait on a fix I think.

Hoping for a fix soon for whatever the problems are!

Same, I'm pretty much dead in the water on two builds that have elevators, sliders, dummies, bartenders, or any other kind of statue.

Seems apparent that something broke over the weekend, as I don't think this is related to Toolbox or DT.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-13-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Same, I'm pretty much dead in the water on two builds that have elevators, sliders, dummies, bartenders, or any other kind of statue.

Seems apparent that something broke over the weekend, as I don't think this is related to Toolbox or DT.
    I'm not even working with any interactive items--these are just plain old things like backpacks and filled mugs from the store. I'm also using a few building blocks, and did have one limestone pole move around spontaneously on me. It's all just weird.

Bumping this thread for the devs. Would really love a fix for this so I can complete a couple of builds. Thanks!
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Building today I see what you mean.

Even GH5 Statues are not able to me turned to the desired direction you want them to face. Is this an after effect of the net wide problems occurring?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Building today I see what you mean.

Even GH5 Statues are not able to me turned to the desired direction you want them to face. Is this an after effect of the net wide problems occurring?
    Not sure, Kiwi. The timing I noticed is with the launch of 2.8. I played around and experimented through that weekend and finally gave up; submitted a ticket (that was responded to yesterday) and posted this thread.

It's not affecting every interactive item, but it does seem to affect the base of all the statues and elevators/sliders.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-21-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Plane Touched

Default Entry Point not working properly in Edge

I bought one of those items to be used in edge of infinity. Whenever I try to enter I fall through the floor either onto the original structure or into oblivion. I tried entering my dim for over 45 minutes yesterday and finally gave up in disgust and total frustration. I removed the item and had to tear down part of what i built. I am now using a stupid ladder to be able to get to my broken wall so I can enter my structure.
    I thought those things were meant to be able to spawn at other places. Wasted a lot of credits on an item I cannot use now.
    Is it possible to prioritize the rendering of that item so it is always first. Maybe that will prevent falling through??

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlann View Post
    I bought one of those items to be used in edge of infinity. Whenever I try to enter I fall through the floor either onto the original structure or into oblivion. I tried entering my dim for over 45 minutes yesterday and finally gave up in disgust and total frustration. I removed the item and had to tear down part of what i built. I am now using a stupid ladder to be able to get to my broken wall so I can enter my structure.
    I thought those things were meant to be able to spawn at other places. Wasted a lot of credits on an item I cannot use now.
    Is it possible to prioritize the rendering of that item so it is always first. Maybe that will prevent falling through??
    I certainly do wish they could do something about this problem. I've only used one of them so far, but it's on solid ground and not a problem. I run into problems touring when the entry point is resting on something other than the actual ground of the dimension. I have had to try repeatedly many times to enter a dimension without falling underneath the build. Very frustrating!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Soulwalker

Default Why interactive?

Why Great Hunt statues are interactive? I mean they not moving except when you edit them. Why not make them static all the time so we could same some memories when we load our dimension. Many "interactive" items could be simply static cause interactive for me it's ; the Targerts Dummies, the elevators, the NPC and some trophies. Others should be normal items.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast