+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: The Dimension Community Is Quiet ...

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Default The Dimension Community Is Quiet ...

Things seem so quiet lately. The posts on this dimension forum are dwindling. There are not as many new dimensions opening up. The DimensionAddicts@Deepwood chat channel is a lot quieter than in the old days. Touring seems to have dropped off, except for those hardcore Dimensionerds I always see out-and-about visiting. I almost never see ads for dimensions anymore on Wolfsbane. Friends on other servers say the same thing. Several of the new, up-and-coming builders I met earlier this year have left Rift. We've lost several Dimensionerd Extraordinnaires to other games and real life. The DTC has some diehard loyal followers we love but new traffic has slowed. and some other fansite operators say their traffic has dropped, too.

Are people losing interest in dimensions? ... or in Rift? ... Is the exodus to Landmark, ArcheAge, and other games threatening us? I don't mean to be the Harbinger of Doom but the world of dimensions seems less active, it's not expanding, and frankly, it's less fun now. Anybody else seeing these signs? Or am I completely wrong?

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I thought it was mostly just the summer. I can't give you any answers but I can confirm the feeling. In the European dimension channel I haven't seen a word written for months now, and we are usually only 2-3 in there.
    Thankfully there are still new builders joining in sometimes, otherwise I fear we would go extinct.

Rift Disciple

Default With a rebel yell.. she cried more more MORE!

I would love to start building before my last semester and internship... crossed fingers. I am doubtful things will have improvements by then.

I've gotten a bit stir-crazy with the lack of new and fresh building blocks and decorations; the few vibrant ones we have access to cost quite a bit. Some of the latest additions are gated by lockboxes that are filled with old fluff landscaping materials. Additionally, farming for plat has become a bit cumbersome with little motivation for building, I think its a vicious cycle.
    I also noticed while out about in the world, there are lots of decoration items we don't have offered to us! I have seen cups, pillows, rugs with different textures, colors and sizes in the world that we simply don't have available. Promotional items: the summerfest items are great novelties but not really usable in the same capacity as the carnival banquet items. The banquet items have such versatility and can be reused endlessly!

What would get me excited for dimensions again:
    New building block textures in unlimited supply, permanent addition to the store
    New decoration items in unlimited supply, permanent addition to the store
    MORE INTERACTIVE ITEMS! These are unquestionably my favorite things in the game. The jigball, pvp sourcestone questgivers (I farmed BOTH!) and the like. Please offer more!
    New and overhauled mystery boxes: less landscaping items, more of that good stuff! Make a whole new pool with items previously unavailable to us!
    I would also love to see a trophy-like system added to boxes. Acquire and place **Soulbound awesome dimension item** in your dimension. Reward: Trophy access to **Unbound XXXX certain item*** in the store.

Without a doubt, 110% these are things that I know would excite me and probably others!

I think a lot of it also has to do with the recent feeding frenzy when it comes to flipping rex at ever increasing prices. Myself I have slowed down and am holding off of building until rex prices drop again. Or failing that until 3.0 is out and I have a bunch of credits and plat saved up. SInce my move it is still cheaper than it was when I left EU shards, but every day people are adding 10-50 on the current AH price so for the time being I am just farming and stockpiling as many credits as I can before prices get ridiculous and trying my best to not spend them until 3.0. Got to love middleman vultures

Sorry mine is real life. Summer sun and fun. I blame a old community manager and a spouse of a old CM for getting me motivated and keeping me motivated to visit the world outside of my computer.

I did learn that round people just sorda bob around in the pool with no rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter how hard you try to go one way or another . If I wasn't horrified I was going to drown it is kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Sorry mine is real life. Summer sun and fun. I blame a old community manager and a spouse of a old CM for getting me motivated and keeping me motivated to visit the world outside of my computer.

I did learn that round people just sorda bob around in the pool with no rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter how hard you try to go one way or another . If I wasn't horrified I was going to drown it is kinda funny.
    kitasia has been working on a dimension xD
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Ascendant

Real life and finances for me. I threw 200 in to buy rec a few months ago with the understanding (between myself and my pocket book) that, while I would not limit what I purchased just because of the prices, I would not buy more until my credit cards are paid off... but since then a couple of out of town trips sucked up resources.

I'm thinking ill start to build again in mid august

For a few days I was burned out from farming merit badges and friendship bracelets. When that was done I took a break in some other games, but not for long. I may play something else for a change, but when my creative bug bites, I'll always come back to Rift. I am currently working hard on a new build, and have been for about a month now. The price of REX has gone up considerably since the last time I bought one, and that was discouraging. I watched the AH for about a week off and on, and finally snagged one at a price I could handle, but it was still 300 plat higher than the last "deal" I found.

The one thing I think we need the MOST is NEW BUILDING BLOCKS!!!!! Sorry for the caps, but I can't stress that enough. We are ALL asking for them, so why isn't Trion delivering? I don't know about the rest of you, but if there is a reason for that I'd really be interested in hearing it. How hard can it be to just offer more colors of the same things we already have, seriously? It's not like we just asked for those yesterday, either.

Ok, gonna stop before my own frustration turns this into a rant, and a wall of text! We do need something to give the dimension community a boost though. The faer hedges, gazebos and other stuff from Summerfest are really nice, but that's not what we need the most right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    kitasia has been working on a dimension xD
    Not as much as I should be. For that I apologize. It should have been done by now I am sorry I had to take time off for surgery and I am sorry for only spending 2 to 6 hours a day on it during weekdays. I am so slow this summer.

Not as much as I should be. For that I apologize. It should have been done by now I am sorry I had to take time off for surgery and I am sorry for only spending 2 to 6 hours a day on it during weekdays. I am so slow this summer.
    Kit, 2 to 6 hours a day is probably all anyone needs to spend at the computer for health reasons! Apologies certainly aren't necessary

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I keep daily tabs on all of our forums including here and have enjoyed seeing new posts by members that are either new or don't normally post. There are posts for new suggestions bumped often and seeing EU join in more is pleasant. The usual people that bump all posts are quiet but I don't think that's a reflection of the actual building side of things and those that toured a lot have websites now heh

I am not in the chat channel any longer because I play the game more when I am on preparing for 3.0 - multi-tasking chats has never been my strong suit. Yes I think other games also have the attention of many - 2014 is full on for MMO's more than 2013 which might contribute to the quietness but also it's Summer for many and it's nice to get out and enjoy it.

Fresh ideas were easy this time last year and I can't wait when we go under water confidant we will see a new burst of "vocal" creativity from mere curiosity to see what we are all up to. Nice to see you back in the community Diva spreading your usual caring and humorous smiles.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-04-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Lol kit. We are in no rush, and 2-6 hours a day only? u slacker

How did he surgery go btw
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Telaran

Wasting hours and hours of time jumping shards trying to catch elusive epic squirrels to get new dimension items .......

I'm not enjoying myself like I used to. I have had trouble keeping myself excited since 2.7. I hate to say that the new and improved mystery boxes left a bad taste in my mouth... but the new and improved mystery boxes left a bad taste in my mouth. Real life has been having its moments as well. If not for a few good friends, I'd have been gone a while ago. So, I'm not really sure what the future holds for me as far as Rift is concerned. Maybe I just need a break.
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

I think it's a variety of reasons, but mainly... it's summer time. Kids are out of school and families go on vacations, parents are busy looking after their kids and don't have time to log into Rift as much.

Well, for me, I echo the sentiment that the summer fest grind did burn me out a bit. Doing the same thing over and over does bore me to tears. I want new exciting zones to discover, new adventures... I feel I know every stretch in Telara AND SL...

But yea, come fall, I'm sure we will see an increased activity here again!

I did finish a build and will post about it shortly.

Also, for those who are following Rowena's tale on Dimension Gallery, I apologize for not providing a new chapter... I think my brain went on summer vacation, as well. New chapters are in the works though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast