Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By krystl
  • 1 Post By ilex011
  • 3 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 1 Post By Ralitza
  • 1 Post By Ailene

Thread: Guild Hall dimension item suggestion

Default Guild Hall dimension item suggestion

How cool would it be to have your Guilds boss kills become either a trophy (small replica) or one of those wall mounted heads (for the creatures of course, I think heads on a pyke would be too morbid).

After my Guild downed Greenscale, it got me thinking that all the time Guilds spend wiping, learning strats etc. there's nothing in game to immortalize that moment (except achieves). A trophy of sorts captures that moment when your Guild stands triumphant over the boss's corpse (not to mention would make a really cool dimension item).

Just a thought ....
    Twitter & Twitch
    Reach me in Rift Kristl@Greybriar Guild Leader of Mistakes Were Made

I would LOVE this. To have the final boss' head on a plaque for a guild hall would be amazing.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

It would be awesome to have boss head trophy dimension items for display in guild halls! And it would be very cool if we had item tags with details about the trophy. The details could be displayed based on some triggering event, like being hovered over by a cursor or whatever. The item tag details would immortalize the guild's accomplishment. Something like: "Sheldon J. Plankton, boss of the Chum Bucket Dungeon, killed in 43 hours by the SpongeBob SquarePants Guild, on June 6, 2014. You know what I mean ....

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    "Sheldon J. Plankton, boss of the Chum Bucket Dungeon,
    Rofl! Brilliant
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

RIFT Fan Site Operator

It would be wicked indeed and has been mentioned before a few times and was the hope when Bounty Hunting and Trophies were mentioned before we knew what they were however a different route was taken. (PS the smiling corgi head still scares me)

Since SL released we've only seen balloons pop up representing bosses in Carnivale (it would be wicked if they scaled really small) that also extended to the Wolf pets and other content bosses mainly great hunts or Dendrome bosses.

The reaction to Dimension item rewards for completing raiding content has also been mediocre. Regulos being one (remember when people wanted to sell it for 10k plat?) but then again I think its because Reggie looks more awesome in the first phases than the last so it would've been cool that form was chosen instead of the current Regulos statue that also looks similar to one of the great hunt boss statues. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the Infinity Gate items...

Maybe a "creme de la creme" achievement with wall plaque trophy when you complete that tier of raids would be cool so those actually raiding aren't subjected to rewards they are not involved in preferring mounts that change color with hair color? Maybe the last main boss in Expert Dungeons as plaques also to encourage people to complete the achievements for them?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-31-2014 at 07:25 AM.

We were actually discussing this in guild last night. Either a trophy to put on the wall, or a statue. And the last option, that would be super awesome, the end bosses as little mini creatures that you could place chained or something in your guild dimension. They didn't have to walk around, but just move their heads and arms a bit, just some kind of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Maybe a "creme de la creme" achievement with wall plaque trophy when you complete that tier of raids would be cool so those actually raiding aren't subjected to rewards they are not involved in preferring mounts that change color with hair color? Maybe the last main boss in Expert Dungeons as plaques also to encourage people to complete the achievements for them?
    That's on the lines of what I was thinking. Bob's Guild kills Reggie which triggers a mounted head, trophy or plaque that's sent to the Guild leader who then can put it up in the Dimension. Perhaps then allowing individuals to claim that item off the store if they want something in their personal dims.
    Twitter & Twitch
    Reach me in Rift Kristl@Greybriar Guild Leader of Mistakes Were Made

+ Reply to Thread