+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Dimension suggestion

Default Dimension suggestion

In the open world, there's a little circle at your feet that lights up and points a little arrow at any player, creature, NPC or enemy you have selected (green for friendlies, red for enemies).

Would it be possible to include that circle for items selected in a dimension?

Once there's several hundred items in a dimension, the search feature becomes invaluable. Unfortunately, there are times when I select something from the search results, but it is too far way for me to see the RGB tools that appear on the item, so I need to around to try and find it. Sometimes the object is inside of another item, in the ground, or even outside of the zone barrier. The bigger the zone, the harder it is to find the object.

The arrow pointing towards the currently selected item would be incredibly helpful; I could then run in that direction until it I can see the RGB resizing arrows.

I have no idea if this is feasible or even possible, but thanks for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    In the open world, there's a little circle at your feet that lights up and points a little arrow at any player, creature, NPC or enemy you have selected (green for friendlies, red for enemies).

Once there's several hundred items in a dimension, the search feature becomes invaluable. Unfortunately, there are times when I select something from the search results, but it is too far way for me to see the RGB tools that appear on the item, so I need to around to try and find it. Sometimes the object is inside of another item, in the ground, or even outside of the zone barrier. The bigger the zone, the harder it is to find the object.

The arrow pointing towards the currently selected item would be incredibly helpful; I could then run in that direction until it I can see the RGB resizing arrows.

I have this happen to me a lot, too. If you will open up the inventory list and scroll down to the very last item, that is usually the one you are looking for. You can pull it back to your inventory from here no matter how far away it is by clicking on the little "bag" button to the right. At least that has always worked for me so far....hope that will help you

Thanks

I do that as well, but there are times when I've got, say, 20 lanterns that I've placed over the last year, and I want to check if any are redundant so i can use it in a new spot. I'm not necessarily looking for the most recent, but want to check all of them. I usually just end up buying a new one.

But if it's something that cost credits, I'd rather see if I can re-use one before paying more cash. I don't mind paying cash (Trion's earned it), but at the same time I don't want to waste cash and then find out I had a spare lying around in a corner people can't get to anymore. .
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 07-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.

I LOVE this idea! I often times am just doing a check for lost items, accidentally buried or sent packing to the far reaches of the universe. I don't necessarily want to pull it back to my inventory. I just want to know where the heck it is. I, too, don't know if it's feasible, but it would be nice. Thanks, Vaish, for the suggestion.
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

Thanks

I do that as well, but there are times when I've got, say, 20 lanterns that I've placed over the last year, and I want to check if any are redundant so i can use it in a new spot. I'm not necessarily looking for the most recent, but want to check all of them. I usually just end up buying a new one.

But if it's something that cost credits, I'd rather see if I can re-use one before paying more cash. I don't mind paying cash (Trion's earned it), but at the same time I don't want to waste cash and then find out I had a spare lying around in a corner people can't get to anymore. .
    Makes sense I also think your idea is a very good one!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I am on the fence about this one because of the way the item list is. Having a marker will allow others to hover over items in your dimension to figure what you use to make something you would like to leave a mystery a lot quicker BUT if it can only be used in edit mode with a toggle on and off feature (when building this would make morphing grrr) it is a fantastic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I am on the fence about this one because of the way the item list is. Having a marker will allow others to hover over items in your dimension to figure what you use to make something you would like to leave a mystery a lot quicker BUT if it can only be used in edit mode with a toggle on and off feature (when building this would make morphing grrr) it is a fantastic idea.
    I didn't think it was possible to select an item unless you are in the dimension edit mode.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I didn't think it was possible to select an item unless you are in the dimension edit mode.
    Jump into a dimension you don't have permissions, use the list only it will highlight the item.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-30-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Hunh. I didn't know that. I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks

Plane Touched

I would love to see a vendor purchased for dimensions that can dispense bard/oracle/etc/etc buffs as needed. Each buff would have a 30m life - might even cost a plat per....

That way you can solo/group parse in the dimension without needed someone to go support for energy etc.

I would be happy if the screen would at the very least TELL me which item i have selected. I have several times placed a house back in my bags after trying to select a small item INSIDE the house.

Shadowlander

Dimension Tools shows the name of the selected item...that's really helpful to prevent such mistakes. Even if Dimension Tools not work very fine atm....it has a lot of useful functions.

Somebody knows if it will be fixed soon? I really fell in love with this addon....i miss it

Or do you think Dimension Tools have a problem with my german client? Hmm i think i have to try it in english.^^
    Last edited by Raluar; 08-10-2014 at 12:09 AM.
    Raluar - Brutwacht (EU)
    Schurkenhain, New Ellensford, Vineta, Paradise Valley, Cabin in the Woods, The same procedure as last year?, Lovely Cottage, Sanctuary of the Sacred
    “Our heads are round so that thoughts can change direction - Francis Picabia”

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raluar View Post
    Dimension Tools shows the name of the selected item...that's really helpful to prevent such mistakes. Even if Dimension Tools not work very fine atm....it has a lot of useful functions.

Somebody knows if it will be fixed soon? I really fell in love with this addon....i miss it

Or do you think Dimension Tools have a problem with my german client? Hmm i think i have to try it in english.^^
    It's buggy in English, too. ATM, I'm back to Toolbox, because it's working a little bit better (though that's not really saying much).
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Default It's not just you...

Dimension Tools has been driving me nuts by constantly telling me I have multiple items selected when it's only one. The only fix I've found for that is to exit and re-enter the dimension, but it happens fairly often and I have to switch to Toolbox instead. I love the ability to load saved set items directly from my bags though, which Toolbox doesn't do, so for now I am constantly switching between the two. Really hoping someone is working on fixing Dimension Tools....

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Are you referring to Dimension Toolbox or Dimension Tools?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast