+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: They're creepy and they're kooky ...

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Default They're creepy and they're kooky ...

... mysterious and spooky,
    they're altogether ooky, the Addams Family!
    Their house is a museum,
    when people come to see 'em!
    They really are a scree-em,
    the Addams Family!

Snap your fingers and click here to listen!

They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamshouse.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamsporch.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamsfrontdoor.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamsentry.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamslivingroom.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamsunluckyrelative.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamsancestorportraits.jpg
    They're creepy and they're kooky ...-addamsplantroom.jpg

These photos are from the 1964-66 American TV Show, "The Addams Family," about a rather odd family and their similarly odd mansion! My new dimension, The Addams Family Mansion by Dimensiondiva@Wolfsbane, is my homage to this great old TV show, specifically the kooky mansion where the family lived!

Since I did not include any screenshots, I hope you will look at the photos above and see if you recognize my interpretation of the mansion and some of its kookier furnishings! If you are a fan of the show (sorry, this may mean you are old!), you will probably recognize things you remember (unless being old has affected your memory!)

Whether you are a fan of the show or you have never heard of it, I hope you will enjoy my tribute to that creepy-kooky-ooky mansion! Have fun!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Fantastic build, Diva!. I will need to visit many times to see all the details!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default Spooktacular!

I had the pleasure of visiting this creation this evening and was completely in awe over the creativity and craftsmanship. This is a pop-in that you don't want to miss!

Most of you young whippersnappers have only seen the Addams Family movies. If you are old enough (no comment) to remember the TV show, you may recall it was filmed in black & white. However, the set décor was actually quite colorful ... hot pink, mint green, and other bright colors! After 2 years in production (1964-1966), the show was on the verge of transitioning to being filmed in color (Panavision!) but it was cancelled before this goal could be achieved. My interpretation of the Addams Family mansion is to include the colorful décor of the original sets. I hope you approve and, if not, I will send Lurch after you! Seriously, I hope you enjoy your visit.

As Morticia famously said to Gomez, "When we're together, darling, every night is Halloween!"

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Default It's a scream!

I do remember this show and much preferred it to The Munsters, which was goofier and not as creepy. I'm so pleased that you totally captured the feel of the mansion. I love the electric chair and Wednesday's room! I love all of it actually and need to go back again when I have more time. I only managed a quick peak before heading to work this morning and I know I missed so many details.

Yay, Diva! It is most definitely ooky!
    Last edited by Bridgit; 07-23-2014 at 03:35 AM. Reason: inconsistent tense :P
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

YOU RANG?

Loved it. Literally, I loved Cousin It (I watched reruns as a kid...really). An excellent dimension, as always, and I wish I could have spent longer in it. More, I suddenly wish Edge of Infinity had a higher item limit just so you could morph Lurch for me. Or Thing...Or Uncle Fester...
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Nice that you included photos because now I can say that your building is PERFECT! (I'm almost that old... but I don't think the series was aired in my country at all.)
    Totally loved the electric chair and the um.. relative hiding upstairs Also the pictures and decorations on the walls! The little girl's room with executed dolls It's really not easy to build such a complex structure that is functional and explorable on the inside as well.
    Superb work!

I also haven't seen your wild west street dimension before today, how new is that??

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Nice that you included photos because now I can say that your building is PERFECT! (I'm almost that old... but I don't think the series was aired in my country at all.)
    Totally loved the electric chair and the um.. relative hiding upstairs Also the pictures and decorations on the walls! The little girl's room with executed dolls It's really not easy to build such a complex structure that is functional and explorable on the inside as well.
    Superb work!
    @Seyler - Thank you for the kind words about this new dimension. It was lots of fun to build but I hope I never need dormer windows again! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    I also haven't seen your wild west street dimension before today, how new is that??
    @Seyler (again!) - Regarding Tumbleweed Gulch, also finished recently; even though I tour a lot, I still miss dimensions. Right after I finished my Old West town, I discovered Lily of the West by Sindoll (Lils) @Greybriar. I don't know how I missed it before ... DUH! I love Lils' dimensions and I thought I had toured them all ... double DUH! I absolutely abhor being a copycat, even an unintentional one, so I kind of abandoned this one. If Anywhere ever gets an item boost, I'll rework it but until then, it's languishing in the desert heat! If you want to see a truly fantastic Old West town, go see Lils' Lily of the West on Greybriar or read about it at The DTC here.
    Last edited by DimensionDiva; 07-23-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Yup I love Lils's dimensions too and Lily Of The West is one of my faves, I visited it several times. Your dim reminded me of it but it's also completely different and unique and I didn't think for a minute that you copied anything. There's the theme yes, but no one can own a theme so that others can't use it : P

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva;4850776@Seyler (again!) - Regarding Tumbleweed Gulch, also finished recently; even though I tour a lot, I still miss dimensions. Right after I finished my Old West town, I discovered Lily of the West by Sindoll (Lils) @Greybriar. I don't know how I missed it before ... DUH! I love Lils' dimensions and I thought I had toured them all ... double DUH! I absolutely abhor being a copycat, even an unintentional one, so I kind of abandoned this one. If Anywhere ever gets an item boost, I'll rework it but until then, it's languishing in the desert heat! [B
    If you want to see a truly fantastic Old West town, go see Lils' Lily of the West on Greybriar or read about it at The DTC here.[/B]
    Yes, Lils' dimension is a wonderful take on the old west as is yours, Diva. I grew up in Montana where we have a whole bunch of little western towns. I think Telara can handle a couple anyway. ;) I particularly like your little tea room there. Any of your dimensions are well worth a visit! I recently visited Rogue's Roost and fell in love!
    Last edited by Bridgit; 07-23-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

I loved the Adam's family! (Yes I'm old I can't wait to check out your dim tonight Diva!!

Telaran

Very well done! Loved the suit of armor and the bath in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldscar View Post
    Very well done! Loved the suit of armor and the bath in particular.
    Suit of armor?! How'd that get here? LOL! You must be remembering one of the ancestral portraits featuring a ghoul dressed in armor having fun flying his balloon. Thank you so much for visiting! And we definitely need suits of armor!

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    YOU RANG?

Loved it. Literally, I loved Cousin It (I watched reruns as a kid...really). An excellent dimension, as always, and I wish I could have spent longer in it. More, I suddenly wish Edge of Infinity had a higher item limit just so you could morph Lurch for me. Or Thing...Or Uncle Fester...
    Gee, Feendish, you don't want much! Well, I couldn't pull off morphing Lurch ... how about his spinet piano? I eeked out enough item count to add it today. Hope you approve!

You did an amazing job, especially with the house itself!! My favorite parts inside were the caged "food", Cousin IT, Wednesday's room, and the pictures downstairs!! I love it all, way to go Diva!! Thanks for the personal tour too, was really nice running into you;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast