• 2 Post By BlackZodiac
  • 3 Post By Nouvae
  • 5 Post By chukovskiy
  • 3 Post By Jaedor
  • 4 Post By Foxfire
  • 4 Post By Shedelin

Thread: New Dimensioneer: Need Help!

Default New Dimensioneer: Need Help!

Well, after a full year of swearing off dimensions, I decided I will try dimensions. One problem, however: I want to make my Sanguine Shores dimension a somewhat respectable handiwork, but I don't know where to start!

I want to turn Sanguine Shores into a somewhat rough lookalike of Paris. I'm not planning to recreate the Eiffel Tower, of course, but the reason for choosing Paris is because Paris' nickname is the City of Lights...thus, I want to turn Sanguine Shores into a place filled with...you guessed it...lights. But not just lights. I also want to recreate some aspects of Paris. Only catch is, I'm not a dream weaver, and I plan on staying that way.

Anyone have ANY suggestions or guides that I can use to turn the simple Sanguine Shores into a NEW City of Lights? Again, this will be my first dimension, so don't expect much.

Edit: because I am not planning on becoming dream weaver, I am shelling out coin, which I don't mind. My 150% mount can wait.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 07-20-2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Adding Info

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Well, after a full year of swearing off dimensions, I decided I will try dimensions. One problem, however: I want to make my Sanguine Shores dimension a somewhat respectable handiwork, but I don't know where to start!

I want to turn Sanguine Shores into a somewhat rough lookalike of Paris. I'm not planning to recreate the Eiffel Tower, of course, but the reason for choosing Paris is because Paris' nickname is the City of Lights...thus, I want to turn Sanguine Shores into a place filled with...you guessed it...lights. But not just lights. I also want to recreate some aspects of Paris. Only catch is, I'm not a dream weaver, and I plan on staying that way.

Anyone have ANY suggestions or guides that I can use to turn the simple Sanguine Shores into a NEW City of Lights? Again, this will be my first dimension, so don't expect much.

Edit: because I am not planning on becoming dream weaver, I am shelling out coin, which I don't mind. My 150% mount can wait.
    One way to get some lights without shelling out a fortune is to complete the Mother Nugger achievements in Seratos and Morban. The gourd lamps you can buy are some of the best to be found, and at 40 gold each, they won't really break the bank, either.

Aside from that, a lot of the lights from Dreamweaving are super cheap on the AH. I've seen them on Greybriar for as low as 75 silver each.
    Last edited by Feendish; 07-20-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I suggest building a platform first. That will give you an idea of how large you want the city, then start building the houses. You can always change the surrounding by adding mountains, waterfalls and the like to make it more like Paris. Once you have that set you can add strings of lights, lamps, lamposts and different things you normally see. You can always buy dreamweaver items from the AH or possibly ask someone to help you make the items you desire.

Also invest in a new spawn portal. That way you can place it where you want people to appear at.

That's all I have for advice for now. Hope it helps
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 07-20-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Welcome to the fun, glad to see more people jumping in and trying dimensions. I just wanted to add that there is a 5-part achievement over on West Ember Isle that you can complete to get the Kelari lights, it took me 2 afternoons to finish it and I wrote up a little guide here, the worst part of this was to get the zone event Rising Depths (try shard hopping) and then get a group to complete it, everything else is solo able. The lights in the AH are fairly inexpensive on my server too, there are many stringed lights under the World Event section that may work for your build.

I'd recommend to start from finding an image. No matter how do you get it, it can be even your own painting.
    It takes very little time, when building a dimension requires much more, filled by routine. So it's better to know what you are going for.

Tristram Cathedral @ Gelidra EU

Quote Originally Posted by chukovskiy View Post
    I'd recommend to start from finding an image. No matter how do you get it, it can be even your own painting.
    It takes very little time, when building a dimension requires much more, filled by routine. So it's better to know what you are going for.
    This is good advice, especially for a large project in such a small dimension.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    This is good advice, especially for a large project in such a small dimension.
    Actually you might want to think of choosing a larger dimension for this sort of project since the maximum item limit in the beginner ones is only 400. Some that go to 1000 to 1200 are fairly inexpensive. Dolcega Valley or Auditorium Carnos Plaza might be good ones for this. Also check your auction house for the new dream weaving keys, you might find a bargain there.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do and welcome to the addiction;-)

Anyway, appreciate your help. I'm gonna try experimenting a little bit, but for right now, i'm visiting other peoples dimensions, getting ideas, looking around, and finding out where it would be best to place my lights.

+ Reply to Thread