+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Shattered
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Colorful Stained Glass Wall Projection

Default Colorful Stained Glass Wall Projection

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with these projections disappearing and reappearing and random (especially while editing / moving items around). They also seem to only show up for some people when they come to view the dimension and not at all for others.
    Colorful Stained Glass Wall Projection-new.jpg

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Your design looks spectacular.

If your visitors don't have their settings right (with projected textures turned on and spell detail on/up), they may not see it. I know of others who have their settings on, and they still can't see the projections or terrain paints.

I have noticed that the projections wink out once you get a certain distance away from them, particularly in edit mode, but not flickering at random, and that sounds like something you may wish to submit a ticket or bug report about.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Default Stained Glass Not Working

I placed 2 of the stained glass in my dimension and they worked great, the next day they stopped showing up. I also bought a 3rd one and I can't see it at all. I have everything set to max so I should be able to see it, any ideas? I love the way they look...when they worked.
    ...ɪɴᴠᴏᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍʏ sᴛᴀʀs!

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Your design looks spectacular.

If your visitors don't have their settings right (with projected textures turned on and spell detail on/up), they may not see it. I know of others who have their settings on, and they still can't see the projections or terrain paints.

I have noticed that the projections wink out once you get a certain distance away from them, particularly in edit mode, but not flickering at random, and that sounds like something you may wish to submit a ticket or bug report about.
    I'm able to see the stained glass projections, but not the terrain paints. All my settings are at ultra, with projected textures on and spell detail at highest setting. My graphics card isn't anywhere close to new or the best (NVIDIA GTX 460 SE) - could that be part of the issue?

Really hard to decide if a terrain paint will work for something if you can't see it....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I would really like to utilize terrain paints more- wish there were more types!- but I worry about people being able to see them. I end up using a hundred rocks when a couple of Life terrain paints should do, but they just don't seem reliable.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

The appearance of the stained glass projections are affected by time of day, and angle of the wall the projection is compared to angle of the light at that time of day. Try using different time of day settings.

Lighting, Fire & terrain paints are very glitchy in the game. My settings are max with an awesome graphics card yet mine disappear especially if I'm logged in for a long time. I would have to reboot to see them again.

Another suggestion is making sure your video card drivers are up to date.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Miralos View Post
    The appearance of the stained glass projections are affected by time of day, and angle of the wall the projection is compared to angle of the light at that time of day. Try using different time of day settings.
    This so much this its a projection that is pretty weak unless on a solid background with no gap or any empty space behind it. I find if I stick my tongue out at a 90% angle, sing kumbayaa and click my heals together 3 times it finds its place... I love that we have these as an option, seen some pretty incredible things done with them but they can be frustrating

+ Reply to Thread