+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Donations to Dimensions ( a conversation with my 8 year old )

Default Donations to Dimensions ( a conversation with my 8 year old )

A while back the other half and I set up a new account for our son to play RIFT with us. ( of course, it was something we thought long and hard about ) and recently he has started doing dimensions. Anyways, today while he was placing his floor and his one wall for the start of his house, he asks the other half for 20 plat so he can get a new Dimension. ( He got the TB one ) cause of the moat in the middle.

My son::: Can you donate money to me so can buy more dimension stuff?

Me:: What happened to the money mom gave you?

My son:: I spent it on a new dimension and a few rocks and some plants!

Me:: I see

My son:: So could you please??

Me:: Maybe

Little does he know that I am gonna give him like 200p which should fuel his creative side for a while I think

Anyways, thought I would share the cute story with the dimension folk
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Lol. I would like to encourage such cuteness, please PM me and thanks for the smile

Aww that is very cute! 8 is a great age. I'm happy that you support is gamer and creative side!!

What server do you all play on?

We all currently play on the Deepwood server, and yes, we love encouraging him to fuel his creative side!
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

A couple months ago, for about 3 weeks, something rather cute happened in my rift life.

There was this young girl (Around 8-10 years old, I don't know the exact age but that doesn't really matter) in my guild who only wanted to do dimensions in rift.

She wanted people to see her dimension. So I went and took a look at her dimension.
    It was just the basic first defiant dimension you get in the game with about 20 items placed at random position.
    I found it cute.

So I decided to show her my dimension. A winter house in Kestrel Cry Ravine. The house itself is very good looking and far out of reach for an ~8 years old to make. (more then 700 items placed and far from being done)
    She loved the dimension winter theme and so I decided to buy her the same dimension since it was only 60 plat.
    I gave her multiples stacks of building blocks (metal pole, wood planks and stone square) to let her have fun.

Little did I knew that she would want me to come see her dimension every 30 minutes...
    While it was kinda annoying for me, I still went everytime and invited multiple other people to come see and thumbs up her dimension.
    I had to explain her I was occupied when she wanted me to come see her during raid.
    (How much joke did my guild made about it too!)

In the next few days, multiple guildies had given her items and plat for her to buy more items.
    There was a problem tho. She was using the plat to buy very expensive items and ended up asking for more plat to people since she didn't knew the real value of platinium in the game.

With this I went to her dimension again and gave her ~20 plat and told her to only buy items that cost just a couple gold and pretty much explained to her the value of money so she wouldn't spend too much.

After a week, her house was composed of around 200-250 items and she wasn't asking for platinium again. People simply sent her their unused dimension items for her to build.

Fun facts...
    1. She first thought I was a girl because my character is female. She was very confused and asked me why my character was a girl if I'm a guy.
    Luckily, I managed to find an explanation that didn't sound perverted or weird.

2. We did RP... Even tho I don't do RP. How could I say no to RPing with her?

3. She kept asking for me in guild chat when I wasn't even online. >.<

And here images of my winter house if you wonder why I say it's out of reach for a an ~8 years old.
    http://imgur.com/a/A7hmK

I'm such a softie. /sigh
    Last edited by Snap; 06-28-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

That is so cute! Both stories I mean! I think dimensions is easy for anyone to simply get into. ~ Like me - I just started playing about a week ago and already I have a lot of stuff in my dimension. I think is adorable that kids love it too... I wonder if that means I act much younger than I am XD
    Last edited by Teslachu; 06-29-2014 at 02:02 PM.

So, here's an update. He used his first dimension... the starter one and built......

An outhouse!

Didn't to bad morphing two separate items into a toilet either.
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faalzia View Post
    So, here's an update. He used his first dimension... the starter one and built......

An outhouse!

Didn't to bad morphing two separate items into a toilet either.
    I lol'ed over this. Kids are so funny.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

@ Snap: Awwwwww you have such a great heart! What a lovely thing to do! Love your house, too! I need to come visit (if it's safe to visit as a Defiant grrr) Maybe you could even develop a heart for Defiants! ;) haha

@ Faalzia: Hey, outhouses are important! If I build a house that doesn't have a toilet, it feels incomplete! LOL I even added public toilets to my Egyptian Museum! My Fallout dim has two restrooms... one for the office staff, the other for the factory workers! LOLOL

@ Teslachu: Psh Age is just a number!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-30-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    @ Snap: Awwwwww you have such a great heart! What a lovely thing to do! Love your house, too! I need to come visit (if it's safe to visit as a Defiant grrr) Maybe you could even develop a heart for Defiants! ;) haha

@ Faalzia: Hey, outhouses are important! If I build a house that doesn't have a toilet, it feels incomplete! LOL I even added public toilets to my Egyptian Museum! My Fallout dim has two restrooms... one for the office staff, the other for the factory workers! LOLOL

@ Teslachu: Psh Age is just a number!
    @ Faalzia: Awww! That is sooo cute. Its great that he is able to do that.

@ Agrona77: Haha that is very true but with the time I have been spending on my dimension... I would say that is already about half my game time.
    Last edited by Teslachu; 06-30-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Does upgrading the tier of your dimension increase its size or just the number of items you can have in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teslachu View Post
    Does upgrading the tier of your dimension increase its size or just the number of items you can have in it?
    Just the number of items you can put in. The tiers go to 5, so once you hit that, that's it.

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Just the number of items you can put in. The tiers go to 5, so once you hit that, that's it.
    Dangit. I need to figure out a new dimension that has the same room as this one (inside the boarder) and the same item count. XD ~~ I am currently using Azcu'Azg Oasis --- 195/250 ~ If you want I can send you an invite so you can see what I mean, about the room and all -- if you have any recommendations for a new one. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Teslachu View Post
    Dangit. I need to figure out a new dimension that has the same room as this one (inside the boarder) and the same item count. XD ~~ I am currently using Azcu'Azg Oasis --- 195/250 ~ If you want I can send you an invite so you can see what I mean, about the room and all -- if you have any recommendations for a new one. ^^
    Azcu'azg Oasis goes up to 2,000 items at tier 5. But, sure, I'd love an invite. You can catch me on Baradara@Greybriar or Whatchacallit@Greybriar (and probably have better luck with Whatcha, since I'm in the middle of a build).

Baradara@Greybriar

I had put all of that in the wrong discussion and just realized it now. >.< My apologies!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast