+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: !!~~ CONTEST... Let's have some fun! ~~!!

Default !!~~ CONTEST... Let's have some fun! ~~!!

The guild Pandemonium on Faeblight is sponsoring a contest starting today, 6/26 and going through Sunday 6/29 at 9pm EST.

Your quest will be to find the number of hidden Stuffed Dolls (See pic below) within the dimension "Pandemonium" on Faeblight server. The first person to post here on the forums with the correct number of dolls will receive 1 REX Exchange.

Winner will be announced Sunday night.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

!!~~ CONTEST... Let's have some fun!  ~~!!-doll.jpg

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JaydedRIft View Post
    The guild Pandemonium on Faeblight is sponsoring a contest starting today, 6/26 and going through Sunday 6/29 at 9pm EST.

Your quest will be to find the number of hidden Stuffed Dolls (See pic below) within the dimension "Pandemonium" on Faeblight server. The first person to post here on the forums with the correct number of dolls will receive 1 REX Exchange.

Attachment 18940
    Sounds like a very fun dimension scavenger hunt, thank you!

Attachment 18940

12 dolls???
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

Shadowlander

I only found 10 dolls^^
    Raluar - Brutwacht (EU)
    Schurkenhain, New Ellensford, Vineta, Paradise Valley, Cabin in the Woods, The same procedure as last year?, Lovely Cottage, Sanctuary of the Sacred
    “Our heads are round so that thoughts can change direction - Francis Picabia”

As two people have pointed out to me (thank you , It's easy to cheat this by looking at the dimension list and just counting the dolls. I obviously overlooked this. I just wanted to do something that would be fun for everyone. So on Sunday, if you have the right amount I will private message you & I will need locations of all the dolls or screenshots.

Thanks & sorry for my oversight.

Telaran

Default problem solved

As two people have pointed out to me (thank you , It's easy to cheat this by looking at the dimension list and just counting the dolls. I obviously overlooked this. I just wanted to do something that would be fun for everyone. So on Sunday, if you have the right amount I will private message you & I will need locations of all the dolls or screenshots.

have them post screen shots knowing how many may be easy but finding them and posting screen shots with your character name highlighted above your head will secure the integrity of contestant entries
    Last edited by Deaconblue; 06-27-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: to add some words and letters

Good idea Deaconblue thanks

I honestly never even considered someone would cheat *shrug but I should cover all bases.
    Last edited by JaydedRIft; 06-27-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Just a PSA to everyone considering participation in this: at least 1 doll was either added to a visible location or moved to be visible since the original contest post, and two more have been added to the item list.

Currently there are 12 I can find, so they were definitely in visible places at the time this post was written, and 2 more on the item list. At the start of the contest there were 12 on the item list, 11 of which were in the same places as they are now, and 1 of which I couldn't find (or wasn't visible), but definitely wasn't in the location of the newly added one.

Hope there won't be any more "last minute additions"...
    Last edited by echoesofeternity; 06-27-2014 at 08:37 PM.

It would have been dishonest to take advantage of the ignorance of the organizer of the competition on this vulnerability. I even think he could move them all and restart the contest. Real gamers would not have held it against him. Rather welcome the initiative to want to make its interactive dimensions (I do the same thing on Brisesol EU).

put an extra 100 or so dolls in a wall someone not part of the hunt
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Well, I just found the last two, so they're definitely all in visible places at this point. Let's hope the dimension won't be altered further.

The extra 100 suggestion is good from a technical standpoint, but not knowing if dolls are in visible places or just hidden away as red herrings drove me absolutely insane, so it might be extremely frustrating for the scavenger hunters.

Overall this is a fun idea, but I suggest doing a "there are N dolls/objects, take screenshots of all of them" contest concept if it's ever done again.

Congrats Echosofeternity!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and run it, especially using an interactive dimension to do it. It's been a while since we've had a good scavenger hunt here.

You rock!

Just remember that the first time is always the hardest, because the learning curve is the steepest, and don't get discouraged for a next time.
    Last edited by Feendish; 06-30-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks Feendish. It was definitely a learning curve but I've got a lot of very useful suggestions & ideas for the future

Thanks Feendish. It was definitely a learning curve but I've got a lot of very useful suggestions & ideas for the future
    Hey Jayded next time your planning one send an email to CVP@siradio.fm & we will work up an advert to play on the station !!!
    Twitter & Twitch
    Reach me in Rift Kristl@Greybriar Guild Leader of Mistakes Were Made

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast