+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 - News & Updates in effect. What would you like to see under water?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default 3.0 - News & Updates in effect. What would you like to see under water?

Updates are happening all week which is so exciting! Daglar has also released his Producers Letter for 3.0

Nightmares are taking us under water so what can we look forward to in Dimensions & what is in our game already that would be so cool to see? Hmmm I might start looking more and taking screenshots.

Off the top of my head I'd like to see more neon effects for jellyfish & signs, coral colors come to mind so I wonder if we will see any of these type of effects in tiles or cloth. I also hope for some fishing updates that might include ink for Dimension items (and wardrobe) or more dynamic ways to go fishing like many of us still do for artifacts & dimension items or for leveling the next tier.

What would you like to see?
    I'm so excited for 3.0

Oooh ink for dimension Items. I never thought of that Kiwi that would be awesome. An underwater dimension would be cool, I can see the "Jaws" themes already lol

I want the foil to Anywhere: Nowhere, a dimension of open ocean, deep water, and wide skies.

More subtle terrain paints such as rust, algae, corrosion, peeling paint, mildew. It's hard to make a building look old and established when all our building blocks are sparkling clean.

MOAR PILLOW COLORS! (It's probably UO that makes pillows a fishing item in my mind.)

Not only aquatic flora, but also shore flora like pampas grass, bullrushes, green lily pads. Maybe it's being from Georgia that the shore to me is mossy old oaks and grass choked dunes instead of palm trees. Which brings up moss, the purple ivy off small palms, and more exotic options for draping plants.

White sandy rocks, outcrops, and mountains for making our white sandy beaches.

Whitewashed, driftwood, yellow submarine, rusted, sandstone, creamy plaster.... more building block textures.

TOWELS, different colored nets than just red, curved cloth for sails.

ROPE! Short and long, straight and curved, coiled on the dock, a noose, a loop... ropes ropes ropes to hang whatever we want!

Since you can't fish while swimming it would be cool to have a boat to pop out on the surface of the water and fish from or just sail around. Not going to go into the awesome fishing systems for magic nets and Message in a Bottle chests that UO had that would be perfect for this expac, just as long as there's no 8x8!

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

100% What Treble said! I could have used some rusty metal building blocks during my Fallout dim build LOL

The boat would be great, especially considering that often times school of fish will pop up in the middle of nowhere and you have no rocks to stand on!

I would love to see a variety of seashells and starfish we can place on our beaches and underwater. Seaweed and corals would be nice, too!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-26-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    More subtle terrain paints such as rust, algae, corrosion, peeling paint, mildew. It's hard to make a building look old and established when all our building blocks are sparkling clean.
    Yes, this! And everything else Treble said, but definitely this (as well as the suggestion for more building block textures.)
    Last edited by Bridgit; 06-26-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: I'm crazy mad for building blocks!
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

RIFT Fan Site Operator

In case you haven't seen the colour palette for our 3.0 World:

Attachment 18939

I wonder what new Dimensions we will see and how Dreamweaving will evolve...

Nice suggestions occurring, love daydreaming

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by JaydedRIft View Post
    Oooh ink for dimension Items. I never thought of that Kiwi that would be awesome. An underwater dimension would be cool, I can see the "Jaws" themes already lol
    Sharknado!

I can see it now Kiwi. Sharks with limestone triangles for fins & hundreds of Orange dust devils going crazy lol

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I'm a huge fan of steam punk (Check out "Dream Chasers" Guild Dimension "Rift Punk" next time on PTS) so I'm wondering if we will get any thing along these lines or tiles to match the water eroded npc armor (Soldiers of Tribulation)/player weapons shown here.

I'd like to see weathered metal tiles as well as woods etc that Amity mentioned.

Attachment 18956

Attachment 18957

See you all at Trion Livestream today where 3.0 will be showcased.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

I plan to make at least one underwater dimension for 3.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    I hope we finally will be able to craft the two ground paint missing in dreamweaving (water and sand).

Underwater dimension would be interresting. Maybe i will built a train station underwater^^.

I hope you will create more interactive item less expansive and difficult to earn than those with unstable artifacts.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Awesome, I have an idea waiting....
    *dimension twitches*

jizuz i'm so excited will there be an early access or alpha i'm ready to pay ... I can't wait anymore
    DESTINY
    RUSILA@Gelidra
    1.0 to 1.9 all boss down Rip Maelforge Version 1 2.0 to 2.9 All boss down rip Maelforge Version 2
    3.0 Nigthmare expert : all clean 3.0 10man : 4/4 3.0 20man : Ms 5/5

Hmm an ancient lost city like Atlantis perhaps.

Rift Disciple

Lots of good suggestions here, as usual. For me, the big thing I want is a building block with an uneven side. Think the "flat" side of the Mossy Boulder, without the extra thickness, and something we can use the Terrain Paints on. And in that vein, more Paints would be nice. Grassy, for example, so we can make grassy fields (with or without the actual tufts of grass), sand textures (with all the different sands in the game, ideally), and a bunch of more underwater textures (just to keep it fully on topic).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast