+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Treble

Thread: Break Out Locations

Default Break Out Locations

So in EQ2 it was a popular thing to find "break out" areas in a housing zone that would take you outside the regular parameters of the zone. I have never seen anyone do it in Rift so far, so I just assumed it was not possible. However, I just randomly visited a dim on Zaviel which is a Faen's retreat dim and they placed an elevator that takes you underneath the dim and then built in the open air.... is this possible in other dims too?

I thought I had found something like that in Warden's point when I was playing around with an elevator and it did take me outside the zone--above... but anytime I would place an item outside the zone, when I left and went back in it would replace the item inside the zone. But that does not seem to be happening in this one. Is that common knowledge with the Faen's retreat?

There have been ways to do this ever since dimensions went live, and yes, in most dimensions an elevator will take you outside the barrier. Notably, they don't work in areas with a pre-defined ceiling, such as Breach Chamber and Empyrean Mill. I know of a few places where there are "holes" allowing access outside without any elevator or tricks.

Kiwi asked Faratha directly about the green barrier in this interview, so you can see the verbatim response. The reason that most reputable builders avoid abusing passing the green barrier is the last reason regarding server-wide performance issues.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Got it--thanks:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    There have been ways to do this ever since dimensions went live, and yes, in most dimensions an elevator will take you outside the barrier. Notably, they don't work in areas with a pre-defined ceiling, such as Breach Chamber and Empyrean Mill.
    I've been able to go outside in both Breach Chamber and Empyrean Mill with an elevator, Breach Chamber has a very large outdoor area to build in that works just fine, and the elevator takes you back in 99.9% of the time if you build an elevator shaft around it so you don't get bounced off of it by the uneven terrain while going down.

Also, I've seen an Empyrean Mill dimension where most of it is up in the air and the "main" area is just used as a basement floor of sorts. Forgot where though.
    Last edited by echoesofeternity; 06-25-2014 at 06:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread