+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Stihl

Thread: PvP Dimension: The Pit [PTS ONLY]

Default PvP Dimension: The Pit [PTS ONLY]

Well a few days ago I got bored waiting for my Summer Sale purchases to download so I hopped on the PTS to check out the shared action bars and some other changes (which weren't there) so I started fooling around with dimensions. This was the result:

THE PIT

Since the PTS still offers the PvP dimension TEST kit I thought it would be fun to create an arena, and the first thing that came to mind was Huttball. The scale is a bit off and a few changes were required here and there because RIFT characters have a bit longer range on their attacks and can jump slightly higher, but just running through the map, it has the right feel to it. Recreated it mostly by memory and a few googled screen shots. It isn't finished but I think it is in a playable state.

The scoreboard is set to 5 minute mataches, Dominion vs. Nightfall. Selecting Oathsworn places you into an invisible bowl over the middle for observing the match.

Sadly, I couldn't recreate this in live if I wished to because I am a raid logger with no plat, but it is there on the PTS and I figured there was no harm in sharing. So if you're on the PTS and want to test out soul changes in PvP without dueling or waiting for a warfront pop (lol warfronts on the PTS) feel free to use it.

Also beware the Acid Pools, they aren't just for looks!

ALBUM
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-23-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Wow--your lines in these screenshots are so perfect it almost looks like an architectural drawing!

Very cool.

This map just looks like hutball from SWTOR!
    Fairywren@Faeblight Guild: The Tinfoil Knights
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairywren View Post
    This map just looks like hutball from SWTOR!
    Mission: Accomplished then! Too bad there aren't any objectives available for PvP dimensions. Would be a glorious day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaia View Post
    Wow--your lines in these screenshots are so perfect it almost looks like an architectural drawing!

Very cool.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-24-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks for sharing the pics, I don't know hutball, but WOW what a beautiful layout! I could imagine some great PvP in here.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Well a few days ago I got bored waiting for my Summer Sale purchases to download so I hopped on the PTS to check out the shared action bars and some other changes (which weren't there) so I started fooling around with dimensions. This was the result:

THE PIT

Since the PTS still offers the PvP dimension TEST kit I thought it would be fun to create an arena, and the first thing that came to mind was Huttball. The scale is a bit off and a few changes were required here and there because RIFT characters have a bit longer range on their attacks and can jump slightly higher, but just running through the map, it has the right feel to it. Recreated it mostly by memory and a few googled screen shots. It isn't finished but I think it is in a playable state.

The scoreboard is set to 5 minute mataches, Dominion vs. Nightfall. Selecting Oathsworn places you into an invisible bowl over the middle for observing the match.

Sadly, I couldn't recreate this in live if I wished to because I am a raid logger with no plat, but it is there on the PTS and I figured there was no harm in sharing. So if you're on the PTS and want to test out soul changes in PvP without dueling or waiting for a warfront pop (lol warfronts on the PTS) feel free to use it.

Also beware the Acid Pools, they aren't just for looks!

ALBUM
    Whoa, you did a fantastic job! I can't wait to log onto the PTS to see it. You might be interested in a giveaway that will be announced in Grim's livestream.

+ Reply to Thread