• 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Enshu
  • 1 Post By JaydedRIft

Thread: Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine

Ascendant

Default Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine

Hi Everyone.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with ideas and suggestions, as well as donations of snow piles. It helped the vision come together.

Ellie, my new character, is a resident of IPP, so it felt right for my first project back to be an RP house for her. I toyed with the idea of trying to find a snowy house, but in the end I decided to modify the Gloamwood Cabin to make it more snowy.... and I think it turned out great. I'm particularly proud of the pond and the way the snow effect turned out, both inside and out... and thank you to the dimensioner who suggested the boots from the armor smith table... that turned out great! I even found a snow pile that added to the effect of wet and snowy boots coming inside.

I wont get into the backstory of my character here, but this is her home in the outskirts of the Chancel of Labors (Well, it's Kestral's Cry, but I envision it to be closer to the Chancel). It's her peaceful little corner of the world.

The sight of the cabin as you approach from the path.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-house.jpg

The pond stemming from a fresh water spring inside a cave in the mountain. It has slowed to a trickle and frozen thanks to Crucia, but Ellie's family have built up around it to reinforce the cave, it to protect themselves in the event the eternal winter begins to thaw.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-frozen-pond.jpg

A good shot of the front door and the frosty stoop.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-outside-house.jpg

The whole living space in one view.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-whole-house.jpg

The catch all cubby. Ellie knocks off the snow from her boots and puts them away before sweeping the snow to the door.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-shelf-cubby.jpg

Cozy living room and Kitchen. Space is limited so many of their supplies get stored in the rafters.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-livingroom-kitchen.jpg

Bedroom and desk, complete with an extra throw for cold nights.
    Borieal Cabin - Kestral's Cry Ravine-bedroom.jpg

Thanks for visiting!

Looks great. Is it expensive to make a dimension like this?

Ascendant

I cant say really how expensive. I was keeping track but I started in a direction of putting in a loft and steps so Ibought about 60-75 items (about 350 credits or a little more) that I didn't end up using. Luckly they are buildingblocks so i can use them in another build. I buy in credits and only have about 130 left. I cant remember what I was left with after ny initial credit purchases of non-dim related items. The most expensive things were the trees. 20 credits each and I think I put in 15 or so to make it feel more like a clearing in the wood rather than the open space it was

Great dimension! I visited last night, and loved the cozy atmosphere you created with the cottage. You did a really good job making it look snowy, too! I also like the way the pond actually looks like it's frozen over!

Aww Milyssa, it's so good to have you back and building again! Your latest dimension looks so wonderful and cozy! I can't wait to go check it out in person!

looks like somewhere I would enjoy spending a weekend irl . Very good job!

Very cozy indeed I loved the screen separating the living area from the bedroom.

Very nice cabin, I like your boots & snow in the foyer area and your furniture, and the room divider is great!

+ Reply to Thread