+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Valley of the Lost: Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Valley of the Lost: Greybriar

The more I like a dimension (my own, I don't have this problem with other people's), the less I can think of to say about it.

My attempt at a lost Kelari temple and ruined compound, located in Infinity Gate.

Valley of the Lost

Footpaths are treacherous (I still don't believe in safety rails), and the terrain is rough. I really wanted to feel like I was discovering this place for the first time.

A big chunk of the inspiration for this build came from looking at this picture, by Narendel@deviantART.

I hope any visitors enjoy their trip.

Dimension: Valley of the Lost
    Shard: Greybriar NA
    Owner: Baradara
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Screenshots look beautiful! Will be sure to check this one out, even if it's not a house...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Screenshots look beautiful! Will be sure to check this one out, even if it's not a house...
    Hehe, yeah, no house.

Thank you!

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow those screenshots made me even more curious than I already was of what you cooked up in that formidable infinity gate... this one has to be felt from up close.
    Beautiful ruins getting crushed by vegetation - love it. And again you managed to make me slap my forehead looking at the "lichen brick facades" I never used this item because I didn't know how to (the backside is missing) but yes of course! You built entire walls out of it! So perfect. And the kelari vase as a pillar, works so well and matches the set. Can't wait to get lost in this jungle and find the treasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Wow those screenshots made me even more curious than I already was of what you cooked up in that formidable infinity gate... this one has to be felt from up close.
    Beautiful ruins getting crushed by vegetation - love it. And again you managed to make me slap my forehead looking at the "lichen brick facades" I never used this item because I didn't know how to (the backside is missing) but yes of course! You built entire walls out of it! So perfect. And the kelari vase as a pillar, works so well and matches the set. Can't wait to get lost in this jungle and find the treasures.
    Thank you. Yes, it loses a lot from screenshots...and it doesn't help I'm a pretty horrible screenshot-taker.

Some very nice people also gave me the new Kelari pillars as well, but I only had 4, when I would have preferred about 400. Would dearly love some new Kelari-patterned items because they are so colorful and textured, and because of the lore you could express with them.

The facades are a challenge with that missing backside. I tried to build an entire structure out of them and finally had to admit defeat.

Baradara@Greybriar

It's beautiful! I couldn't wait to see it so ducked in for a few minutes before heading out the door this morning That wasn't close to enough time to even scratch the surface on exploring this dimension. It's huge! I'm still there however and totally lost. If I send up a flare, will Bara come find me? Please? And then maybe give me a tour?

Just so beautiful. And I love the screenshots btw.
    Last edited by Bridgit; 06-17-2014 at 03:42 AM.
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

Looks awesome, Feendish. I love the jungle/lost civilization feel anyway and by the looks of it, you have captured that perfectly. Can't wait to get in game tonight and check it out!

Reminds me a lot of Ember Isle as well, one of my favorite zones!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgit View Post
    It's beautiful! I couldn't wait to see it so ducked in for a few minutes before heading out the door this morning That wasn't close to enough time to even scratch the surface on exploring this dimension. It's huge! I'm still there however and totally lost. If I send up a flare, will Bara come find me? Please? And then maybe give me a tour?

Just so beautiful. And I love the screenshots btw.
    Thank you. I'll be happy to give you a tour...provided I don't get lost, too (it happened...a lot).

Baradara@Greybriar

I loved looking around in this dimension. It is so beautiful!
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrei View Post
    I loved looking around in this dimension. It is so beautiful!
    Thank you. I started out with environments like this, and it feels pretty good to get back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Looks awesome, Feendish. I love the jungle/lost civilization feel anyway and by the looks of it, you have captured that perfectly. Can't wait to get in game tonight and check it out!

Reminds me a lot of Ember Isle as well, one of my favorite zones!
    Thank you. EI is one of my favorite zones as well, for all the colors and the music. I think I'm still traumatized by dying there so horribly back in the day at 50, so perhaps this is cathartic.

Baradara@Greybriar

Beautiful transformation, I got very lost, I would have never guessed this is Infinity Gate either. I love ruined cities, lost civilization type themes, the ambiance was my favorite part, but also the vases scattered about and half sunken buildings, statues, the way you placed the water over the pieces was very nice touch too. I like it when a dimension makes me think about the whys and hows of the theme, the backstory.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 06-17-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Beautiful transformation, I got very lost, I would have never guessed this is Infinity Gate either. I love ruined cities, lost civilization type themes, the ambiance was my favorite part, but also the vases scattered about and half sunken buildings, statues, the way you placed the water over the pieces was very nice touch too. I like it when a dimension makes me think about the whys and hows of the theme, the backstory.
    I have a backstory for this one, but I'm not the gifted writer that someone like Agrona is and I won't punish anyone else by writing down that story. I will say that I did delve into the Kelari lore a bit, and that was a lot of fun.

Normally, I like to draw from real, historical places. Diving into fantasy like this was fun.

Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you also got lost...

Baradara@Greybriar

Baradara does it again! This place is such a showpiece of astonishing size and range, rich tropical colors, and seldom-used tricky items and areas. I especially love the shallow pools found in the recesses of the fallen temples and pillars, where water seems to have collected over time. Beautiful transformation, but perhaps my favorite part is knowing how much fun Baradara had in here. (it was the facades, wasn't it Bara?!)

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by devanita View Post
    Baradara does it again! This place is such a showpiece of astonishing size and range, rich tropical colors, and seldom-used tricky items and areas. I especially love the shallow pools found in the recesses of the fallen temples and pillars, where water seems to have collected over time. Beautiful transformation, but perhaps my favorite part is knowing how much fun Baradara had in here. (it was the facades, wasn't it Bara?!)
    ROFL, "Fun with Facades!"

Baradara@Greybriar

Just had a chance to check it out. Love the angel statue with the water! Very cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast