+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Emerald - Featured Dimensioneer

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Nouvae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default Emerald - Featured Dimensioneer

    Hello everyone, it's been two weeks since our last interview, wow how time flies when we are having fun! If you have a free moment, please head over to read the latest Featured Dimensionseer interview with the very talented Emerald of Greybriar.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Awesome interview.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  3. #3
    Ascendant BlackZodiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Great interview!

    Have a question for Emerald. What is it that scares you so much about squids and the like? I am actually drawn to them and like just about anything with tentacles.

    Heh...a mount with flailing Tentacles would be awesome!

    P.S. ill have to come check out your dim

  4. #4
    General of Telara Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default Fantastic interview:)

    I just wanted to say that the original Bristlecone Cottage is the very first dimension I found after I came back to Rift (over a year ago) that literally made my jaw drop in awe. I took friends to see it, and went back several times myself. I thought it was the most original and totally adorable little cottage I had ever seen. That is what really got me inspired to try and build my own houses

    I also love the advice Emerald gave at the end of the interview. It is really hard for me to get something "technically perfect" as I still have not mastered the more advanced features of Toolbox, or Dimension Tools. I often end up doing some things by hand, although copy/paste is definitely my friend! That really made me feel better when I read it!

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Shalaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Another great installment with another great designer:-) I really love reading these Nouvae!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I often end up doing some things by hand, although copy/paste is definitely my friend! That really made me feel better when I read it!
    I agree! That entire advice section was spot on Emerald!:-) I haven't even tried to figure out the toolbox aside from copy/paste--lol.... but I'm ok with that:-)

  6. #6
    Rift Master Seyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    612

    Default

    I'm Emerald's biggest fan!!
    Very nice interview with some very good advice at the end : )
    I remember I loved the Friendship Cottage, now I have to go back to see it again.
    +1 on the cobblestone, shingles, white&black wood!!


    Edit: Forgot to mention I love the new additions to the site, Agrona's Story, the guide, and especially the beautiful wallpapers!
    Last edited by Seyler; 06-14-2014 at 12:31 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I also love the advice Emerald gave at the end of the interview. It is really hard for me to get something "technically perfect" as I still have not mastered the more advanced features of Toolbox, or Dimension Tools. I often end up doing some things by hand, although copy/paste is definitely my friend! That really made me feel better when I read it!
    It really is good advice, and reaching the same conclusion is what led me to abandoning building "houses" in favor of outdoors scenes. While I enjoy building the house part, all the stuff inside is... not my thing. I'd rather build closed buildings, and spend the objects on a lovely garden. Or forest. That's where I find my fun, after all.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched devanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Many thanks to our Nouvae, not only for the honor of her choosing to feature me and the things I have created, but for all that she and all of the other fansite operators do to keep momentum going within the community. I'm very happy if anything I've said was helpful in any way, even if only to have something to make fun of me for later!

    Foxfire, I'm still smiling over your story about my cottage, and how it inspired you to want to make your own. I can't think of a better compliment!

    And BlackZodiac... it's not a conscious thing, and I'm not quite sure where it began. I think my first encounter (lol) with them was at a museum when I was very young... they had this massive replica hanging ominously above the displays. Later, as a snarky teenager, I decided to 'face my fear' by learning more about them, but the more I knew, the creepier I found them hehe. I don't let myself get carried away by it, but my pulse definitely picks up a bit when I think about them. (/vetoes squid mount request)

    Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

  9. #9
    Telaran Murielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    A great interview with a fantastic creator. Love your work, Emerald!

  10. #10
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Nouvae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I just wanted to say that the original Bristlecone Cottage is the very first dimension I found after I came back to Rift (over a year ago) that literally made my jaw drop in awe. I took friends to see it, and went back several times myself. I thought it was the most original and totally adorable little cottage I had ever seen. That is what really got me inspired to try and build my own houses

    I also love the advice Emerald gave at the end of the interview. It is really hard for me to get something "technically perfect" as I still have not mastered the more advanced features of Toolbox, or Dimension Tools. I often end up doing some things by hand, although copy/paste is definitely my friend! That really made me feel better when I read it!
    I had a similar experience, her Bristlecone Cottage was among the first handful of dimensions I visited when I returned to Rift, and I just kept thinking wow wow wow. I love her new remodel too, she has captured the mood so well with the lighting and the forest, it reminds me of reading fairy tale stories as a child, its brilliant and I hope more people will go have a visit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    I'm Emerald's biggest fan!!
    Very nice interview with some very good advice at the end : )
    I remember I loved the Friendship Cottage, now I have to go back to see it again.
    +1 on the cobblestone, shingles, white&black wood!!

    Edit: Forgot to mention I love the new additions to the site, Agrona's Story, the guide, and especially the beautiful wallpapers!
    +1 indeed on those items =) & thanks Seyler.

    Quote Originally Posted by devanita View Post
    (/vetoes squid mount request)
    lol, I'll happily sign that veto.

    Thanks again for participating, it was fun and I'm glad to have *met* you. =)

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Ralitza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Awesome interview, i'm a big fan of Emeralds work and it was great to hear abit about the person behind those wonderful dimensions and ofcourse her phobia of squids! I guess its better than being scared of spiders, its unlikely you'll ever find a squid lurking about in the corner of your living room!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

  12. #12
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Nouvae, my friend, you have done it again! Brilliant interview, very poignant questions and wonderful, inspiring and honest answers from Emerald!

    I love this feature, because I get to know a little bit more about the people we build with, talk with, visit and grow fond of.

    @ Emerald: I absolutely love your advise at the end and couldn't agree with you more. Build for yourself, build as if no one is watching, build from the heart and build what inspires YOU. Don't build for the public or the +1's. I get most inspired when I build something I'm very passionate about. Those builds put me into "the zone" and nothing else matters but the dim.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Treble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    I'm loving these interviews! I've really missed hearing what's inside a builder's head and what makes people tick!

    Emerald's work is so iconic for dwarves, especially of the shaman and druid persuasion. I have not been able to even conceive how to build a home for one that doesn't seem to copy her. The rustic little touches are so homey and perfect.

    As for the squids, I totally blame 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

    Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

  14. #14
    Plane Touched devanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Thank you all, again- for your kind comments here and for the sweet messages some of you have sent me in-game. You've totally made my week!

    Oh, and @Rali- thankfully, you're right- you never run into giant squids in your living room! You *can,* however, picture them hovering just beneath the surface of the water whenever you're at the beach! Sharks are so last year!

    Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser JaydedRIft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Great interview! I love your work Emerald especially the gypsy caravans! Your creativity humbles me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts