• 5 Post By Akhor
  • 5 Post By Bridgit
  • 3 Post By devanita
  • 5 Post By Shalaia
  • 2 Post By Nouvae
  • 1 Post By Enshu

Thread: Strange Bush

Default Strange Bush

So, I was running around Cape Jule, harvesting Linden lumber when I came across this... this bush thing.

Strange Bush

I wanted to whip out my dimension tools so bad to straighten out this "bush dome"... LOL
    The Dimension community can teach those devs a thing or two hahaha

Just wanted to share this with you all... thanks and happy building!

Soulwalker

Default OCD and MMOs

I have a little trembly fit several times a day over things like this. Floating trees, plants, rocks, even buildings are all over. I especially notice them when zoomed in a bit and hunting the nooks and crannies for artifacts. Things off-axis abound. I have been stuck between planes ingame many times, falling thru floors or the ground. Once even fell thru the sky!

Thanks for posting the screenie, it is good to know I am not alone in my neurotic desire to "fix" these things..
    "Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing." Walt Kelly

"Boredom is an affliction of small minds." Wink TartanBelle (me)

A word of warning that paying too much attention to detail in-game will leak out into the real world as well: My real-life yard is upheld by an old stone retaining wall which, along with the stone-slab stairs leading up it, was on its last legs and needed to be rebuilt. Thanks to RIFT, I can spot an off-angle stair a mile away! (or from my kitchen window, as the case may be...) I'm sure my masons were ever grateful for my heightened sense of precision as they re-aligned the stairs until they looked right to my carefully-trained eye.

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

OMG LOL you guys crack me up! Sometimes, when I drive by a yard and I see a leaning tree, I have to stop thinking, man why didn't they tilt it a bit when they planted it? hahahahaha

And yes, yes, you are not alone, Wink! I also notice floating grass LOL

The one that bugs me the most is the floating house in Necropolis, I've been tempted to get that dimension simply so I can fix the house!

Quote Originally Posted by devanita View Post
    A word of warning that paying too much attention to detail in-game will leak out into the real world as well:
    This is true. In addition to having developed a keen eye, I also tend to have blurred lines between what is possible and what is not. Sometimes, for the briefest of moments, I'll think, oh, I can just tweak this or resize that, maybe slide it over there. How disappointing when I snap back to reality.
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgit View Post
    This is true. In addition to having developed a keen eye, I also tend to have blurred lines between what is possible and what is not. Sometimes, for the briefest of moments, I'll think, oh, I can just tweak this or resize that, maybe slide it over there. How disappointing when I snap back to reality.
    Not to mention those times you leave the house without pants, ala Bridgit!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgit View Post
    I have a game friend that when he tours my houses/dims, has commented several times---"maybe you missed your calling and should have been an interior designer"... then I'm like... "well, the difference is I can meld items together--resize objects--sink into the ground or ceilings or walls... etc." I suppose I could start a business where I provide digital interior design services--then I could take a screen shot and frame it and they can hang it on their wall;-) That would suffice--right?

haha, I was out for a walk the other morning and I found this tree that wasn't properly "seated" it made me think about the game, it looked like it as kind of floating on one side... I wonder if the developers go through these same emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by devanita View Post
    A word of warning that paying too much attention to detail in-game will leak out into the real world as well: My real-life yard is upheld by an old stone retaining wall which, along with the stone-slab stairs leading up it, was on its last legs and needed to be rebuilt. Thanks to RIFT, I can spot an off-angle stair a mile away! (or from my kitchen window, as the case may be...) I'm sure my masons were ever grateful for my heightened sense of precision as they re-aligned the stairs until they looked right to my carefully-trained eye.
    Quotes like this remind me why the Dimension Sub-Forum is the best place to be

+ Reply to Thread