• 1 Post By Daphenia
  • 2 Post By Emeraldscar
  • 7 Post By Wink
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 2 Post By Shalaia
  • 1 Post By BlackZodiac

Thread: Dimension Quality of Building Improvements

Default Dimension Quality of Building Improvements

Currently I have 8 dimensions I am working on and I am not sure if the following has been suggested or not (I am sure some have). But it gets to be tedious porting back and forth from your dim to TB or Sanctum while you are building. Hopefully some of the following ideas could possibly be implemented:

* Add all purchasable dimension items from NPCs to the Rift Store.

* Add portable crafting tools (like you have for dreamweaver) that can be placed in a dimension for all crafting professions.

* Add a 'Moving Crate' that can be pulled up and accessed by every character on your account in every dimension on your account. It would work like the vault where you could place and remove items from the crate so you can easily move items from one char/dim to another. Only dimension items could be placed in the crate and this ability could be sold in the Rift Store as well as upgrades for more slots.

To be able to work in my dims without having to stop a dozen times to port to TB or switch chars would make building much more pleasurable!
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Welcome to the addiction

I'm not sure if there are still items sold by npc's that aren't in the store, I can't think of any off hand and I haven't had to leave my dim to buy something unless it's on the AH. Also most dimension items can be crafted without the station as long as you already have the items needed, the only one I can think of that you'd have to leave for is if you need more vellum for the open book.

As far as the shared moving crate I think that's something that is very much needed. Many of us have designated storage dimensions, but that requires jumping back and forth between dimensions. Others have extra bank toons or created a guild just for the use of the vault to store their dim items. Especially with all the RNG involved or the needing to stock seasonal items we might need throughout the year, storage is a real need and if it could be accessed by account it would be even better!

Telaran

I think its often not knowing what category things fall under - took me a while to find where the lucky coin items were! Only things that cant be bought in the store as far as I know are the pvp items - guardian, defiant ,nightfall banners etc.

I'm also in serious need of some way to store my items. Would be nice with a dimension banker, with access from all dimensions for your character. Right now I've had to add some dimensions slots, just to store some stuff. But it's hard to keep an overview of what I got that is not in my bank.

I am not able to find the Torvan dimension items in the Rift Store, so I must be looking in the wrong places? I don't mind storing stuff in my regular vault as much as doing the toon hopping to to get this or that item when I get an inspiration.
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Telaran

The torvan ones are in the store - some are under landscaping, rocks and plants I think - you go to those categories then go to planar sections. Store needs a much better menu to find things in dimension area!

Soulwalker

Default Store search engine is not great either.

Searching for any item (dimension items or anything else) in the Rift store is hard. The search engine has been rather hit-or-miss for me.

I have a guild bank with 2 vaults, alt toons with max bank slots AND max size crafted bags plus a few larger ones from drops/events, extra bag slots on toons all max crafted size or larger. I have tons of dim items in "storage" dims. I have spent money on storage that I would rather have spent on my dims.

Please, please PLEASE give us dimensional storage! Toon hopping for crafting is bad enough. Wasting time toon hopping for finding/retrieving stored items just sucketh. A crafted dimensional vault item would be great! Something we could actually attain, afford, maybe even sell/trade? Dare I dream?
    "Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing." Walt Kelly

"Boredom is an affliction of small minds." Wink TartanBelle (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Wink View Post
    A crafted dimensional vault item would be great! Something we could actually attain, afford, maybe even sell/trade? Dare I dream?
    You mean just put it directly on the store at a reasonable price? What a concept......

[QUOTE=Wink;4814321]Please, please PLEASE give us dimensional storage! [QUOTE]

I'll add a few more pleases...... please, please, PLEASE!

I use an add on that tells me if I already have an item in my bank or bag when I hover over it on the store--what it does not tell me is if it's stored in one of my dims--lol.... If we had a storage vault I would stop buying duplicates of items I already have!! I have a hard enough time remembering my name let alone what I have stored in a storage dim--lol

edited--messed up the quotes--can't figure out how to fix it now--but you get the gist;-)
    Last edited by Shalaia; 06-09-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Indeed it is tough all around. I just purchased a third bank slot for items and already filled it up with dim items. Working towards a fourth ATM farming endlessly, for my next huge project in dimensioning. All the ideas are sound and reasonable. Would love it tremendously if was added.
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 06-09-2014 at 01:52 PM.

My one major wish is for a map of each dimension; I come from a long history with AD&D tabletop and MUSH online - so starting to build without knowing where the boundaries are is iffy at best from my PoV.

I've looked using google etc. but unless I just don't know the correct search keywords, I can't find that any of the dimension have ever actually been mapped.

it is an amazing addiction isn't it

+ Reply to Thread