+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Dimensions for Roleplay

Default Dimensions for Roleplay

Heya

I know there are quite a few dimensions marked with (RP) in front of the name. However, they are usually taverns, homes of characters or things like for example the RP party deck on faeblight.

First of all I was wondering if there are more roleplayers amongst the dimensionists here, because I build all my past dimensions only for RP purpose and would like to build something new and different, rather than another tavern or a home for once (I got to say, after seeing so many nice dims here, my old ones are pretty boring and I would love to start something new) maybe even together with another roleplayer if interested.

Also, maybe anyone of you got an idea, something that would be interesting for RP that we maybe do not have yet? I'm not only asking the roleplayers there, seeing all these wonderful dims you all made, I'd love to hear your thoughts too!
    The problem is, that anything not on the RP realm is not accessable without an invite directly to the dim, unless you roll an alt over on the other shard, which is not so awesome for RP. (Especially because all the shiny outfits are usually on the main character)
    Fairywren@Faeblight Guild: The Tinfoil Knights
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Goodday FairyWren

I am glad to have gotten to read your post. I love RP in Games!

I have been playing World of Warcraft for about 8yrs. I find that particular game to have the biggest RP following than most other games. I think WarHammer is a close second.

I have a character on all shards, I LOVE Dim Jumping! I LOVE all the Amazing Dims!

I have only 1 / 2 dimension that I would consider RP. It has 4 different villages. One specifically designed for Dwarves! All of the villages offer a little bit different "stuff" than the other. Each village has it's own themes. I am by far not a "morpher" (I so wish I had that creativity! I get so jealous! ...lol)
    You are welcome to visit. It is on Wolfsbane Shard. If you catch me on, I would be happy to invite you, and maybe you can get some ideas. It is simple, I will someday be able to "Pay" for "Morphs!"...if Rift does let us have them as items!

My other dimension is designed for RP between two different factions. They are both designed around Army Warfare Legions. One Team has the home base scene, the other is from a different realm and has landed by accident and is now making sense of its new environment.

Also, there is an add-on called: Merisioux. It is here somewhere in the forums. I shall look for it and post. It is cool. It is a tag that goes on to your Characters Profile. When someone scrolls over your name, they will see this and be able to click on it.

This is something that you would have already let folks know your are a RP'er and be able to read about your characters story, or "flavor". I have had it on, but I have not come across many folk on my original PvP Shard, and have since disabled it and then moved shards.

Anyway, I hope I have helped a bit. There are so many amazing dimensions here, I think so many of them would be Absolutely RP!!!

Shard: Wolfsbane
    Dimension: RP-Bahmi City Manafesto
    Owner: Gaylor
    4 Towns and One Big Party Boat! (have a drink with Nico on me

Shard: Wolfsbane
    Dimension: Section: A-Two / Camp
    Owner: Gaylor
    1 Creature that currently has been evolving since it's arrival!

Happy Dimensioning FairyWren
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Yay, thank you for your reply!!
    I will add you to my friendslist and poke you whenever I see you online to check out those dims!
    If you are interested in RP here on Rift too, you can poke me in return and maybe visit Faeblight sometime!

We also started a little village quite a while ago. The dim itself belongs to a friend who does not play anymore, but 5 people actually build on it.

Shard: Fabelight
    Name: Seven Winds Vale
    Note: Got not really any morphs and you see the different styles, since it is made by different people. Though it got a cave and is meant to be a dense forest area with a few little houses and a mill. (The house on the lowest pond with the little terrace was mine)
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Oh by the way, I use Tome instead of that other in-game profile addon. A little cleaner layout than Meris. (I RP on Rift since the release, but on the EU shard back then before moving over to FB)
    In Meridian alone on my shard you run into a lot of Tome and Meris users.

I still dream of creating a dimension with little houses like a village, a townhall maybe or rather a hall to meet up and celebrate or discuss village matters and all these things. ;) Start with just placing/building little houses and leave them empty and allow anyone who "buys" or "rents" a house to put their own furnitures (with help if needed of course). And then go there to roleplay sometimes, meet your neighbors, invite someone over and maybe even get visitors passing by on their travels.
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Welcome to Telara!

There are a lot of RP Dimensions but I wanted to introduce you to:

Faeblight United
    Rift Adventures

That specialize in Roleplay & Dimensions. I know you are on EU shards but maybe there is room somewhere for someone on EU shards to also do the same if this hasn't been rekindled of late OR you could pop over and visit NA. Hope this helps you. Have fun!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 06-05-2014 at 06:42 AM.

I said I played on Eu shards and moved to FB a good while ago. Thank you though.
    I am already on the FBU forum too and know the other link as well. ;)

But this actually is all past the original purpose of this thread.
    I want to collect ideas for NEW dimensions, not excisting ones. And mybe find other dimensionists that are also roleplayers.
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

In my opinion there is so much dimension that help for Roleplaying.

I first came from EU to NA because i saw the job of Linketh on Faeblight. He has made lot's of castles with hidden traps, hidden rooms.. with several kind of feeling .. dracula like or not ..It left me breathless with the possibilty

For exemple : Making a " castle with traps"s dimension could be good for roleplay . Like In our good old Donjon of Naheulbeuck .. ( don't know if it's known oversea) You could have a troup made of several races and face troubles inside the castle , writing the story step after step. On brisesol someone made a dimension where in each room you have an enigm to solve to reach the next room .. ( It's XII Secret world). It could be a nice night of rp .. more moving than just finishing the half empty bottles in a tavern)

In a more modern way, Derp street from Seyler on EU /Zaviel could make your day. You wake up in the city and you can stop by the restaurant, or buy groceries and so .. you don't need a really big place .. but lot's of little details that make you feel like you wake up in a film scenary ..And have people coming from this or that shop, sharing a moment here and there . I missed just one shop .. the laundry where people could sat reading magazine while their clothes are turning in the washing machines..

Fairy, all my dimensions are open for RP, even if it doesn't say RP in front of the name, as I've mentioned before. So, please feel free to utilize them as you see fit.

I do love to RP now and then and I even created a background for my character on Faeblight. I just sent you the link, but here it is again, in case we do find other RP interested players here.

I've seen village builds before, and I think one of the builders mentioned that certain houses belonged to guild members (guild dimension I believe). I've also mentioned before that I would love to own a house in a certain dim. So, yes, I really like your idea about a "community" dimension!

We already have a place where people can shop (Souq Asha) LOL If you think about a game world, they are made up of lots of places... camps, cities, villages, dungeons, temples etc. So, we could make a list of existing placed and include them in our "RP world". They can also be theme or region based, like Oriental/Asia, Middle Eastern/Persian, European/Greek, European/Medieval etc.

If something is missing in a certain region, we would have to build it, like a Oriental fishing village for example...

Well, those are just a few ideas that just came to mind.

Oh Nice!
    Thanks Agrona77!

I spent most of my morning getting involved with all the great characters and the lore and histories! I am excited to take a few "weeks" to write a story for my character and a few more "weeks" to type it here!

@ Kiwi - Sensation Web-Site!
    Thank You for posting the link! I will spend the evening after dinner surfing around in it!

-Gaylor.
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Fairywren View Post
    I said I played on Eu shards and moved to FB a good while ago. Thank you though.
    I am already on the FBU forum too and know the other link as well. ;)

But this actually is all past the original purpose of this thread.
    I want to collect ideas for NEW dimensions, not excisting ones. And mybe find other dimensionists that are also roleplayers.
    Hmmm it seems my editing skills were silly this morning I wrote it then rewrote it after I read your post three times lol and also tried to find the post Agrona wrote - of course you did it! Thanks for posting it.

Glad the links came in handy Gaylor!

My dimension is always open for role players. I didn't know about the adding in (RP) in the name so I'll do that now. It has:
    • Town center
    • Farm+stables
    • School+playground
    • Grocery store
    • Restaurant
    • Military barracks
    • Graveyard
    • Secret garden
    • Haunted forest
    • Hospital is in progress

Server: Deepwood
    Dimension Name: My Little Village (RP)
    Owner: Tunare

Rift Disciple

Some, though not all, of my dimensions are RP dimensions, including my latest, finished, dim, Bluebell's Sanctuary. That one is not a home as such, but more a place for fairies to go when they need some rest and relaxation. Of course, we have Hailol, but that's got a lot of excitement going on, so some place quieter (and with less access to drink) can be good for recovering.

After seeing someone's work over on the EU RP server, I love the idea of doing a village type dimension. I started in on one myself, but it's sitting there, half finished due to a lack of certain items in the game (primarily non-blue Curtains). My twist on it was that it's a tree top village, with all the complications that go with it. I have seen a few of that type on Faeblight, but since we don't have the ability to make a favorites list, I've since lost track of them.

As for what we need, that's a little more complicated. As you've noticed, we have a surplus of Inns and Bars. There are a number of temples and such, which could serve the religious needs of the community, and a number of those are labeled RP. And since we can't fight in our dims (not really anyway), adventure style is limited to exploration (which is definitely a viable option, poking around a dimension, in character, trying to find the Lost Whatsit could be fun, but will have limited replay value, for the most part).

None of which is an actual answer, of course. I'd love to see a bunch of "adventure launching point" style dims, myself. Places where an adventure starts, where would be adventurers could meet up (and socialize) before setting off somewhere else (anywhere else). Of course there are a few of these on Faeblight at the least (I don't get off server much, and as before, the lack of a Favorites list means you lose track of them over time), and Open World also works great for this, so how much they'd be used is an issue.

If the Devs read this, one of the big things we are missing for RP in dimensions, is the ability to leave notes. A sign, clickable, that gives custom text. Being able to have a house in a village dim say "X's House", or "For Rent" would be amazingly helpful. But it could be used for so many other things as well, and would allow for some kind of "DM's description" of areas. Sure, visuals are great and all, but sometimes there are small things that can make a difference.

...you know, after saying all that, it's kind of funny that I don't actually RP here in Rift. Though, there are reasons for that, and I might start once 3.0 goes live, if I'm still playing in any major capacity.

Thank you all!

I love your dims Agrona!<3 But you already know that!
    Though the biggest of all problems with these wonderful dims is.... they are almost all not on the RP shard. And therefore not accessable.
    Roll an alt you might say, but I focus on one character for RP and she got all the pretty outfits and all. So a dim not on Faeblight will always be out of reach.

Now that we can shard hop, I really really hope that Trion will add this too. I want to visit Hailol and see the Hailol dim list when I am there! And of course visit the dimensions too!
    Last edited by Fairywren; 06-06-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairywren View Post
    Thank you all!

I love your dims Agrona!<3 But you already know that!
    Though the biggest of all problems with these wonderful dims is.... they are almost all not on the RP shard. And therefore not accessable.
    Roll an alt you might say, but I focus on one character for RP and she got all the pretty outfits and all. So a dim not on Faeblight will always be out of reach.

Now that we can shard hop, I really really hope that Trion will add this too. I want to visit Hailol and see the Hailol dim list when I am there! And of course visit the dimensions too!
    Aww, you are too kind, Fairy

I do have a few dims on Faeb OK, some of them might not be really RP oriented. However, the "Remnants of Atlantis" could be an "adventure dim" in the sense that Dreamshift mentioned. There's certainly lots to explore.

PLUS, we can put our heads together and create a dimension together. I'm always up for building a new one, and yes on Faeblight!

So yes, I'm game if anyone wants to start a town/adventure dim on Faeblight.

I agree, it would be nice to be able to visit dimensions while we shard hop. However, I am already amazed that Trion was able to let us do that much. I'm not a dev and I don't know what is all involved in getting us access to the shard's resources that we are visiting.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-06-2014 at 08:29 AM.

My favourite types of dimensions to build (barring my slowly increasing collection of location themed trading outposts) are evil lairs. Every protagonist needs somewhere to live and every master mind needs a lair to experiment, torture and well just do evil things. My friend is incredible with forests, caves which are just so versatile for rp....from the abandoned endless camp to the scattered crucia forces trying to regroup.

My dimes tend to come from being needed in rp. My tempest slums started because a guild member needed a slum street to walk along and question npcs, then in that rp they decided that they needed to investigate the sewer, and finally the trail led them to the upper city.

I love building rp dimes for the coherence they offer to plot lines and the creative potential from that.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast