+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: After the Storm: Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default After the Storm: Greybriar

I've been so inspired by the entries into the Total Transformations contest--and stuck on NA shards during the update cycle--that I couldn't help doing another build.

After the Storm

I hope that any visitors enjoy their trip to this Vengeful Sky fresh from a brisk storm, and you may want to bundle up against the chill of the lake. There's some hot soup and a pot of tea on the stove (thanks, Kit, for the kickass stove!) in case there's another shower.

Character: Littlefeendish
    Shard: Greybriar
    Dimension: After the Storm
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow! Awesome bed and shutters!! I can hardly wait to visit.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Heros Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Those green shutters are amazing! The entire build is so comfortable!

I'm so glad that you posted this one, I think it's your coziest house yet! You've really captured the look and feel of the environment after a good rain- the last raindrops falling onto the water from the trees above, the vibrant greens at their most vibrant. Those shutters are such a showpiece, and I also loved the lidded pot in the kitchen, the wax-sealed envelopes (!!) on the desk, and those gorgeous pillows on the bed. I can tell that you had fun focusing on the details in this one, and love that!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

I agree with Emerald and am glad you posted this, because people will be glad they went to visit. I made the mistake of popping in for a few minutes before I have to head to the office. A few minutes were not nearly enough. I'll have to go back this evening when I get home. The tile work in the bathroom, the lidded pot on the stove, the bed that belongs in the Department of Kickassity right alongside Kit's stove! I really want the bedside and coffee tables. What brazier is that? And that's not even getting into the enviroment with the rain drops and the lingering remnants of the storm. I want to move in!
    Last edited by Bridgit; 06-05-2014 at 03:34 AM.
    Dimensions on Deepwood:
    Crone Hill, Chapter One of the 'Verse, Rest in Peace,
    das Hausboot an Stehenden Hacke

Telaran

I've been so inspired by the entries into the Total Transformations contest--and stuck on NA shards during the update cycle--that I couldn't help doing another build.
    <sniff> my last build took two months. You make something awesome during an update ...

Very nice dimension - liked the use of the cairns very much

Awwww what I wanted to say has already been said. But I need to add I like some other detail work too, like the dish dryer next to the sink. And your cabinets, always love those. The fog and the dripping water add so much to the atmosphere. And how the hell do you build so fast?!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Awwww what I wanted to say has already been said. But I need to add I like some other detail work too, like the dish dryer next to the sink. And your cabinets, always love those. The fog and the dripping water add so much to the atmosphere. And how the hell do you build so fast?!
    It's in her blood. I am sure she even dreams of building and plans to take over the world with it eventually!!!

Those screenshots are very pretty! Everytime I see a new dim posted here, there are things I'd never imagine to build and combine like this, it's gorgeous!
    I also really like what you made out of that dim in general. Never liked that map, I am more of a forest person I guess, but especially until the contest I did not think about how you can change any map into something completely different! And you made this specific map so much more interesting.
    Fairywren@Faeblight Guild: The Tinfoil Knights
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

It's always a pleasant surprise to see you posting a new build, the screenshots look very interesting, I can't wait to see it in person. Are those letters I see on the desk? The lake looks chilly too. I love your little details and the shutters, the wallpaper, the cairn walls ( oh how I wish this texture was a building block its one of my favorites) can't wait to see the rest of it
    Last edited by Nouvae; 06-05-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks all for the compliments, kind of blown away by the response.

The cairns are a desperate plea for new textures.

Almost everything in there is a Toolbox or DT set I either already had or could pop into another dim and make, including the shell of the house itself.

A free week off from work and pain meds are amazing for freeing up a lot of time. Hiding out on an alt who doesn't belong to any chat channels but dim addicts and guild chat also help.

@Bridgit: The green tables are the braziers that came from the mystery boxes. I only got 3 of them, which is a bit sad, because they're a perfect match for green marble blocks.

@ Nouvae: Thanks to your red wallpaper in your Bahralt's Ascent, I borrowed the idea here.

I love Vengeful Sky because it's so versatile (turning off ambient sound will make the thunder go away) and so easily turned to...anywhere you want it to be. I do love me some landscaping, and that always makes things go fast. This was the first try really using the leafy rocks, and I think I'm in love! This place isn't the biggest, but I like it just the same.

Baradara@Greybriar

That looks really awesome!!!

So glad your posting your new dims on the forums again! I was just about to go see it in person but it says update and i'm scared to click it incase I get stuck! The pictures look awesome and I can't wait to get in there and check it out
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgit View Post
    I agree with Emerald and am glad you posted this, because people will be glad they went to visit. I made the mistake of popping in for a few minutes before I have to head to the office. A few minutes were not nearly enough. I'll have to go back this evening when I get home. The tile work in the bathroom, the lidded pot on the stove, the bed that belongs in the Department of Kickassity right alongside Kit's stove! I really want the bedside and coffee tables. What brazier is that? And that's not even getting into the enviroment with the rain drops and the lingering remnants of the storm. I want to move in!
    Haha, Department of Kickassity... I like it!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Quote Originally Posted by Ralitza View Post
    So glad your posting your new dims on the forums again! I was just about to go see it in person but it says update and i'm scared to click it incase I get stuck! The pictures look awesome and I can't wait to get in there and check it out
    I got that message when I came to the NA shards after being on EU most of the day...

I clicked yes (then immediately wanted to kick myself thinking the whole client was going to reload), then let it do another update of 53 MB or so, then logged right in. I don't know if there's some kind of issue going on with the patcher, or if there's another factor at play.

Baradara@Greybriar

It really is cozy and warm. Making me wish I had this little place as a getaway in RL. I love the pillow walls and shutters! Beautiful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast