• 3 Post By Nouvae
  • 1 Post By Fairywren
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 2 Post By Fairywren
  • 1 Post By Fairywren
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Foxfire

Thread: A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)

Default A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)

Got to tell you the story and idea behind this first.
    My boyfriend really likes Iron Pine Peaks and we will catch up with all the quests that we did not do there together eventually. We even both got our snowy weather RP outfits ready!
    He was kind of disappointed when I told him, the lvl 50-60 zones have no snow zone and that Iron Pine is the only winter area there is.

So when I began to build my hunting lodge in the snow before the contest I was soooooo unsure what to do with this map, but really wanted a snow dimension in which we could roleplay, which I could build for him.

Now I teared everything down and started anew. It is small and the only way into the little vale is by entering through a gap in the rocks surrounding it.
    The interior of the house is a mess for now, hence the WIP in the title. I said we will build the furniture and everything together, but the exterior I more or less finished already.

Visitors who find the little Vale on their way through the cold and windy north, are more than welcome to come in and warm their cold hands and feet with a cup of hot mead. (Just got to make it cozy first)

A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)-2014-06-03_123623.jpg

A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)-2014-06-03_123729.jpg

A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)-2014-06-03_123649.jpg

A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)-2014-06-03_123752.jpg

Shard: Faeblight
    Dimension Name: The Northwind Vale (might change)
    Note: Dimension is opened to the public, but the doors to the building are locked for now.
    Fairywren@Faeblight Guild: The Tinfoil Knights
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Look forward to visiting. Ill check it out tonight when I get home snowy dims are always awesome to see

Oh very nice, Fairy! I can't wait to check it out. Pics look great so far!

I like the theme, and the name you chose, I love snowy dimensions. I wish there was more snowy zones to quest in also.

I am unsure what to make with the building. Since it's primary purpose will be RP... rather a home, a tavern, a hunting lodge kind of thing after all... more of a vacation house. I don't know yet.
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairywren View Post
    I am unsure what to make with the building. Since it's primary purpose will be RP... rather a home, a tavern, a hunting lodge kind of thing after all... more of a vacation house. I don't know yet.
    Hunting Lodge sounds great. It could have a common room for the hunters and offer bed rooms, too. Sort of like the Inn's in Skyrim

Just popped in for a look and loved what you've done so far, especially the front door of your house! Really pretty!

I'm another fan of snowy dimensions. In fact, the only one I have open now is a Kestrel's. It's Ozark Mountain Christmas on Faeblight by Aedrexa if you want to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Just popped in for a look and loved what you've done so far, especially the front door of your house! Really pretty!

I'm another fan of snowy dimensions. In fact, the only one I have open now is a Kestrel's. It's Ozark Mountain Christmas on Faeblight by Aedrexa if you want to see it
    I might keep only the door and remove the house again!. Not sure yet if it is just a placeholder, but if I have a nice idea for a pretty little house, I'll just build one instead. I wish there were "Snow spray bottles" or something or snowy roof tiles and walls.
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

I am going to visit as soon as I am done with work for the day!

Cannot wait!

I removed the building and began to make one of my own. I'll open it again if you want, but I removed it from the public list, because the house is a mess xD
    Though, with all the pillars sticking out on the top one could think it really is just about to get build, just missing the construction workers sitting on the upper walls with their sandwiches.
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

Ascendant

I really wish for snow texture spray too... that would help anything fit well inside the two icy dims. I used the gloom wood tavern too so i know your pain in trying to make it fit. Im still working on getting mine ready for reveal.

I love what you did with the pond... which pond did you use? I was trying to make an icy river ( similar to the only place in the zone you can fish) but I couldn't get to look grey enough. And what kind of rock did you use for the cavern wall? Its the perfect coloring.

Cant wait to visit again to see the inside and furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    I love what you did with the pond... which pond did you use? I was trying to make an icy river ( similar to the only place in the zone you can fish) but I couldn't get to look grey enough.
    Looks like the Terrace Pond....that's what I used in my Kestrel's dimension shown below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)-2013-10-25_154744.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Looks like the Terrace Pond....that's what I used in my Kestrel's dimension shown below.
    Looking through my saved screenshots I found another one of the same pond but without the Harvest Moon sky projector. I noticed that in this one the same pond looks blue. So you might need to experiment with sky projectors to get the gray color you're looking for...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A cozy new home up in the cold north (WIP)-2013-10-14_141018.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Fairywren View Post
    I removed the building and began to make one of my own. I'll open it again if you want, but I removed it from the public list, because the house is a mess xD
    Though, with all the pillars sticking out on the top one could think it really is just about to get build, just missing the construction workers sitting on the upper walls with their sandwiches.
    I have had one CRAZY week (well last 7 days that is--considering it's just Monday--right?) but was hoping catch up on some touring tonight... Is your dim still closed? I'd love to take a look:-)

+ Reply to Thread