+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Bringing the fun back to Dimensions - suggestions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Default Bringing the fun back to Dimensions - suggestions.

Hello folks, I just posted an article inspired by a few of the threads pointing out how unfun dimensions have become because of the grind for platinum or the requirement to spend lots of real life cash.

In an effort to look on the happier side of things, what would we like to see added to the game or adjusted within the game to make the grind for items and platinum less grindy and exploitative?

My own suggestions are:

More quest lines like the Nug quest lines.

The Storm Legion puzzles were both fun and frustrating. They took a major investment of time and included interesting rewards including dimension items. We could do with more of these types of game play.

New recipies for items could be added to the professions (white and red marble building blocks could do well here) and add the occasional recipe throughoutt the year..

Trion could include dimension items as quest rewards along with armour for any ole quest.

Items could drop randomly for mining and gathering when we harvested a node and the same for skinning.

What else could we add that doesn't include a huge grind?
    Last edited by Tamarama; 06-02-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

My first suggestion would be to get change drop rates in the Boxes of Dimensional Wonders, since I can't see them being gotten rid of entirely. I'd even be happy with reskins of the items being available on the shop, or available as drops, or able to be fished up. There is a build I'd really like to do, using a particular item that is available from these boxes, but the drop rate is so abysmal, I've written it off--as I've written off the boxes themselves.

The Nug quest line was great, and I really enjoyed that, so something similar to that could be a lot of fun. Not to mention the fact that the Nug dimension items are both cheap and good.

What I wouldn't give for some more crafting recipes, and something to drop my GM marks on. On my main, I've been maxed with Grandmaster Marks for months, and have nothing left to spend them on, and I can't send them to my alt, who can still use them. I could even see some premium items that require the epic reagents that are on the cooldown as a happy alternative. If I'm grinding to craft something special with a clear, attainable goal in mind, then it's not really grinding, is it? For some new basic building blocks--not premade walls or houses, I'm talking planks, rectangles, poles and cubes--especially those that could be crafted, I'd run circles around every farming zone I could find. If I could craft a Greywood Plank, I'd be ecstatic.

How about a dimension weekly quest, with some kind of way to track how many dimensions are visited in a week, where the reward might be either items or a currency that could be used toward an item? In looking for suitable items, there is an 11 page wishlist. Of course, the currency option doesn't really alleviate any grinding, but it's better than nothing.

Since so many dimensioneers and a lot of players in general fish, a version of the fishing derby where rewards are a choice of dimension items and/or recipes, or modify the existing derby so that these items can then be sold and traded so those who don't build dimensions might also have a further motivation to continue to do these quests (beyond the 12p payout, which we'd like to keep, thank you very much).

That's all I got so far.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I totally agree with quests and fishing. I would LOVE IT if we could quest for items as a daily. Drop rates in mystery boxes needs a super boost, for I have also written them off and refuse to buy any more. The Nug quest was super awesome and was surprised at the end when I found out about the dim items the Nug had.

Another idea maybe would to attain quests in your actual dimension. Almost like the quest for the NPC for your dim. Have another NPC made available after a huge quest line was finished and added to your dimension. Daily quests attained from him/her. Make it also available for visitors to pick up a special quest from visiting other peoples dimensions, who had attained that NPC. the visitor count sounds awesome and would go great with the idea.

Also posted about buying plots of land around your dimension. Could also be a quest line to attain the rights to buy them.

The idea for drops from farming materials sound cool too. I would probally go back to farming materials again.

Overall great ideas and so so very much hope trion listens to these suggestions and get the ball rolling.

Oh and maybe have the quest line and the daily earned and available after the quest complete.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-spending.html

I had already started the above thread earlier today, so I'll tack the link in here with this one in case it gets buried.

These are all great ideas I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Hello folks, I just posted an article inspired by a few of the threads pointing out how unfun dimensions have become because of the grind for platinum or the requirement to spend lots of real life cash.
    Great article!!!

Ha ha so I was about to start a new thread was rushing on getting this done today. This is the perfect spot for it.

So when the whole expencive thread started I sat thinking what kind of suggestions can we make to help. I started looking hard at the cost of items. Then a lightbulb came on. The more I looked at the credit prices the more I realized why many of the items dont make Rift cash.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Tfs/edit#gid=0

First after the plat costs were cut in half for many items last year the credit prices were not adjusted. So I decided to make a chart of the plat prices of the items.

When looking at it I realized we would buy building blocks with credit but not most items. Why is that. Well simple the cost of a rex almost equals out to a plat per credit. ( on NA,EU is twice the cost for a rex) Since building blocks credit price is lower then the plat and is a reasonable cost we buy them with credit. Many of the items cost way more if bought with credit over plat. So I went though and adjusted those to 1 credit under the plat price for most items.( Though they may need to be cut in half to get EU players to spend credit on them)

Second I noticed some of the items that were credit only were outrageous. I did drop them to what I thought was more reasonable for being a dimension item.

Third I added prices to the mystery box items based on the rarity of them.
    Common 1- 15 credits Uncommon 15-30 credits Rare 30- 100 credits Epic 100-300 credits Relic 600 credits. These items are also a darker purple in the changed column. I added a section where I adjusted the price but still feel it is to high of a credit cost for the amount we would purchase if it was lower.

I did not touch most of the PvP items seeing as I have no idea what they are worth. Since you need one per dimension but multiple different items to make it work. I did not change any item we use one of per dimension as in the entry way. I did not change the cost on any item you can get from a drop. Like dungeon items or orbs.

I just want anyone to know who looks at this please be kind if I made mistakes. What takes a normal person a few days to do took me a few weeks. I did my best. I thought it out carefully and tried to be fair and honest for both party's. I want Rift to make money very badly. I would never suggest anything that I thought was bad for Rift, its financial future, or the dimension community.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 06-03-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Awesome doc, Kit, and you hit the nail on the head with the prices. I know I'd buy a lot more with credits if it were more balanced.

I love the idea of dailies dimnerds could do to get dim loot. Actually, all of the above suggestions sound like a lot of fun to me.

Thanks for hearing us and taking the time to make the game better!

I totally agree with Feendish on the Mystery Boxes. I won't be buying anymore. Please put the items for direct sale. That would make all of us happy, happy!

Ascendant

Im leveling up through crafting dailies so adding in another daily like the fishing Derby would be great.... but what would that involve? Place items in your dim? (Too early) craft specific dimension items from one of your current crafts? (Hard if you haven't been doing crafting or crafting dailies.) Use random items to craft a quest recipe? ( easier... like the survival daily quests).

Ill keep brainstorming

Thank you for your hard work Kitasia! I wouldn't even know where to start if one asked me to change the rift store. But normalizing the prices as you did, seems a sensible move.

I agree with all points raised here, questing and dailyquesting would be nice additions for aquiring some dim items. Fishing boxes too, and of course a lot of new crafting recipes, (have been asked for several times). Drops with the gathering professions, cool! (I'm sure almost every dim builder has all gathering already anyway to pay for the addiction xD) I am maxed with grandmaster crafting marks too for ages. Gief recipes to buy!

Also agree about the nug quest line unlocking items. But maybe introducing new quests into the game is a tedious long work and requires much testing. There was also a nice achievement that you could do to unlock the kelari lamps, I think that was a very good addition.

I really hope a solution will emerge from all this and Trion will make the necessary moves to make building more accessible to all players and not lose out on income in the process.

To bring the fun back ..

i would like to see a market of items -morphings .. like the 3D paintings.. the cars .. the animals .. and so on ...

In the thread of foxfire some spoke of a way to create unique items with our name upon it ( roll over mouse or not) and to sell them be it by the cash shop or the auction house.

To be able to morph something and sell it as it was created under "one item" would be a great boost to the fun. Everyday new items ! That will give you the need to pop up in game and check no ?

More contest by trion with rewards for dimensionning would be great too. After all even the costumes made by some players were sell to others players by the cash shop.(remember ? it was around halloween). why not doing it with morph dimensionnal items ?

Add new recipes to the old crafts and the new one
    Add new items for the fishing
    Add new kind of quest where the choice is yours : take the dimension item or the stuff equipement .. For those who rush to level 60 and didn't made all the quests it would be quite interesting to go back on the old spots and quest.

On brisesol we reach the same point of view. We are searching for a way to improve the dimension part of the game.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...hed-dream.html

Fantastic article Radish, thank you for sharing! I just finished going through some of the articles you recommended and the videos, I appreciate the info, I have not seen this before but it makes so much sense now.

Thank you for this spreadsheet Kitasia, I'm going to print it out later and look it over some more, great ideas on the price reductions!

I'm currently not going to support the mystery boxes and maybe not even if they are completely revamped, it would need to be an impressive change and unfortunately I doubt I will buy those items from the AH because they will be too expensive or they just won't be available because of the current low droprate.

As far as suggestions, I can't add anything better than what everyone has already said here, give us more things to do in the game, quest lines, fishing, world drops, craft marks/recipes, maybe tokens for dimensions I mentioned previously, or lower the prices overall so I can afford to buy more often. I too want to support Rift/Trion, I don't mind giving them *some* of my money every month. But there is a boundary here.....

How much is building pixels worth to me? I can't keep it, I can't eat it, and I can't show it to my family or friends, its just entertainment and the community that keeps me interested. If this community was full of unpleasant sharks, I'd be gone in a snap and my money along with it too because the entertainment value can only go so far.

There needs to be a balance of fun or interesting ways to obtain the items and it will never ever be inside a box.

Something else just came to mind... I am a Patron, I usually pre-purchase this for a set time limit and I like the features we currently have, but I often wonder if there could be something else added? or as many others have requested a flat credit stipends each month could also be helpful if they intend to keep the prices the way they are now.

I have one more thing I'd like to add. Trion needs to give Patrons some kind of credit allowance each month. SWTOR does that....I think it's 500 coins per month, not sure though since I haven't logged in there in a while. But if that could happen in Rift, I might be willing to become a Patron again at least some of the time.

I only unsubbed because I could not afford to pay that, AND buy credits to spend on my dimension. So there are a lot of months that instead of 15 dollars a month going to Trion, there is NOTHING going Trion from me as I only buy credits when the need arises, and not every month. And of course here lately, I haven't been building or buying at all.

Perhaps there are others like me who would become Patrons again if this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Something else just came to mind... I am a Patron, I usually pre-purchase this for a set time limit and I like the features we currently have, but I often wonder if there could be something else added? or as many others have requested a flat credit stipends each month could also be helpful if they intend to keep the prices the way they are now.
    OMG....posted same idea, same time....great minds....LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast