+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree25Likes
  • 11 Post By Foxfire
  • 6 Post By IHaveAHarp
  • 2 Post By Gaylor
  • 4 Post By ecume
  • 2 Post By Foxfire

Thread: What if players could help Trion make more money other than by spending?

  1. #1
    General of Telara Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default What if players could help Trion make more money other than by spending?

    And by doing that, help ourselves at the same time!

    I have been touring some of the new dimensions that were entered in the Total Transformations contest and in the process, I got to thinking about what I could do to my own older unfinished dimensions that are closed. So I went to one of mine and started looking around. It's one that I actually have a problem with not having enough item slots to do everything that I want. I started wishing that some of my morphs could be replaced with something new that would only be one piece......or that so many of the wonderful morphed items others have created could somehow be MADE into one piece.

    Players want more item count....but without that, more items to save on item count would be really helpful. Especially if they are player made, and the player could be compensated in either plat or credits to allow Trion to sell them in the cash shop. This is something along the lines of what SOE is doing with Player Studio and their new building game that is in beta. I don't know how hard it would be to implement here, but wouldn't it be awesome if it could?

    The other idea I had was that new dimension items to be obtained from fishing would be REALLY welcome. Maybe even take the current world drops and add the possibility of getting those from fishing as well...even if it's only GM Fishermen that can get them (to help avoid bots). Those are items that already exist, so nothing new to develop there. Also the new colors of building blocks that so many of us have literally BEGGED for could be added there, as well as in the cash shop. And GREYWOOD PLANKS! Please, for Feendish, and I want them too LOL.

    To me, these things could help those of us that can't spend real life money to buy credits, or at least not as much as we need for our builds. It's easier for a new player to farm for plat because they aren't burned out on that part of the game, so it's fun for them at the same time. I have played Rift since it was in Beta and have one level 60 character, and another that almost is....I am not knocking the gameplay at all, I have just done everything I want to do along that line, and it's not fun to me anymore. I have a Grandmaster crafter in almost every profession there is, and two Grandmaster Fishermen. Now I have always liked fishing. I can do fishing if it will better help me to get things for my dimension. And by better, I mean better than 12 plat a day from the daily quest although that is a nice bonus.

    We really need a way for players like me to earn plat a little easier or quicker, so that we can afford to buy more REX, more often. In turn that should cause other players to buy more REX with credits to sell for plat....more often.

    We could have new items, and new ways to get them (please, no mystery boxes), and new things for Trion to earn money from in the process. Does any of this sound plausible to anyone but me, or am I just indulging in a little daydreaming? At any rate, I've done my share of complaining here on this forum, so I decided it was time to try and offer some solutions.

    If anyone has any other thoughts about this, or other ideas, please post them here!

  2. #2
    Soulwalker IHaveAHarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I really like these ideas. Especially the ability to fish up and acquire more items. I'm one of the people who buy REX some of the time and trade them. Of course, the benefit for me is the fattened in-game wallet, but I am a terrible dimension addict and that wallet only goes so far haha. I still have to farm up my plat!

    I think a workshop would be amazing especially with some games coming around that are focused on housing and building. It would certainly keep the builders interested and engaged in Rift.
    Liquendi of Faeblight.

  3. #3
    Telaran Gaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    89

    Default

    (Getting to buy)...
    "many of the wonderful morphed items others have created could somehow be MADE into one piece".

    A wonderful treat for me this would be!

    I am not a very creative "morpher", and really do enjoy going to visit dimensions and admiring the builders creativity! I would be beyond happy to be able to grind plat. for a chance to bid on some most amazing "Morph" Items! It would be even splendid to have the builder be able to have his name on the item when these certain "pieces" are scrolled / moused over!

    Oh, maybe that could be a great contest! "Creative Morph Design Day!"
    Say maybe the Top 50 Best Items get this chance then to have Rift add them into the world of Dimension Addicts!

    If this is pretty good, we can maybe even get some of these way cool pieces in say...
    * World - Drops
    * Quest - Lines
    * (what-have-ya's)

    Thanks FoxFire for this great article!

    -Gaylor.
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple ecume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaylor View Post
    It would be even splendid to have the builder be able to have his name on the item when these certain "pieces" are scrolled / moused over!
    -Gaylor.
    It would be perfect. I too would like to buy "3D paintings" made by some of the dimensionners. Some are just.. no words .. I would be so proud to put them on my walls and tell the name of the owner .
    Last edited by ecume; 06-03-2014 at 05:09 AM.

  5. #5
    General of Telara Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default Thank you!!:)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaylor View Post
    (Getting to buy)...
    "many of the wonderful morphed items others have created could somehow be MADE into one piece".

    A wonderful treat for me this would be!

    I am not a very creative "morpher", and really do enjoy going to visit dimensions and admiring the builders creativity! I would be beyond happy to be able to grind plat. for a chance to bid on some most amazing "Morph" Items! It would be even splendid to have the builder be able to have his name on the item when these certain "pieces" are scrolled / moused over!

    Oh, maybe that could be a great contest! "Creative Morph Design Day!"
    Say maybe the Top 50 Best Items get this chance then to have Rift add them into the world of Dimension Addicts!

    If this is pretty good, we can maybe even get some of these way cool pieces in say...
    * World - Drops
    * Quest - Lines
    * (what-have-ya's)

    Thanks FoxFire for this great article!

    -Gaylor.
    Thank YOU, Gaylor, for the kind words and for posting this in my thread Of all the wonderful ideas we have going here and in other threads, the single piece morphed player items is my favorite and most wished for. These would help so much with item count, and would be even more wonderful if we had the incentive to be able to make a little money (in-game money, plat or credits) with them along with Trion. What a way to inspire creativity among dimensionerds! I have to call that a win - win situation!

  6. #6
    General of Telara Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecume View Post
    It would be perfect. I too would like to buy "3D paintings" made by some of the dimensionners. Some are just.. no words .. I would be so proud to put them on my walls and tell the name of the owner .
    Oh, so would I, Ecume! So often when building I have wished for paintings to put on my walls, but didn't try to morph one due to item count limits, and my own lack of confidence in being able to create one that I liked.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts