Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gaylor
  • 1 Post By CAeliegh
  • 1 Post By Gaylor
  • 1 Post By JaydedRIft

Thread: Crashing in Dimensions

Default Crashing in Dimensions

Greeting & Hello

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing "crashing" in their dimensions? For the past 2 weeks, almost a couple of dozens times throughout my game play, while I am in my dimensions, I will freeze and then the screen goes to a shot that says:

You are receiving an error. Would you like to report? / I then click yes and wait for the game to reload.

I have done most everything as for their list of what to do for crashes, aside from un-installing to pulling most of my hair out!

I have wrote a ticket, and did get a good response. They will look into this. I am happy. Still...it is getting a bit on the annoying side. So...anyone here having same problems?

Thanks Everyone!
    Gaylor
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Hey Gaylor, yea, others have experienced it as well and we already received a reply from Faratha and they are looking into this issue.

Here's a link to the thread.

Ah,
    Thanks Much Agrona77!

(I appreciate the response and now looking forward soon to building once more

-Gaylor.
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Soulwalker

I am having the same issues as are most of my guildies and friends. Place an item..move an item.. exit edit mode..CRASH. and no..it's not addons.. I NEVER use the things. My main reason for playing Rift is the DIMS, this is making them unuseable. Guess it means I can save my creds tho, not buying items or any more creds if I can't stay in DIM long enough to place things properly. Oh and the crashes allowing you to accidently PICK up previously placed items? Yes that is so much fun too NOT!
    Last edited by CAeliegh; 06-03-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Hello & Greetings

I also do not have any add-ons. I have crashed now with dims that have such items as the dream-weaver and some cool bon-fires. I also have crashed in some of my older dims that do not have these way cool items.

Ah, so it goes...@Caeliegh- yep, it does keep me from spending my credits for now....

(the hand, oh how it does itch, as it wants to reach into my Lanzan Bag... I want to pull out a few pretty green sparkly gems and toss them into my... oh so glad now , not murky waters of my ponds! and add a few more cool Floating Lillies and Boggling Homes....

I shall wait it out. In the mean time for me, PvP!!! Look out Team Members,
    I am "The Best at Dying!"

-Gaylor.

Default Crashing in Dimensions

It's been happening to me now for the last two weeks as well. It came right after I installed a new graphics driver so I automatically thought it was a driver error. After many hours of reinstalling, reverting to older drivers , ect. I sent a ticket in on it & I was told that its a RIFT issue...I hope they fix it soon because its so frustrating.

One trick I learned to get around it, is keep your dimension tool bar "open" while placing objects and don't close it until you have to. I was able to place multiple items without incident. For me it seems I get disconnected when either 1: I close the dimension editor or 2: move around shortly after closing the dimension editor. Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread