• 6 Post By IHaveAHarp
  • 3 Post By Nouvae
  • 3 Post By ecume
  • 2 Post By Gaylor
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Hiurma

Thread: Dimension building is a family effort

Default Dimension building is a family effort

I may not have the coolest dimension, but it's a neat story on how it came about and I wanted to share it with fellow dimension addicts.

You see, I have an young Step son who we only get to see every other weekend.We discovered that all of us enjoy playing Rift and building dimensions.Don't worry folks, he's heavily supervised when he's online and he does have other hobbies.

Last year near Christmas time, he wanted to help with an idea. Create a dimension based off of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" but this dimension would be built to reflect the end of the story. You know, after the Grinch's heart grew three sizes. He's been working pretty hard on ideas and I helped him look through some websites to get inspiration.

Over the past few months we've gone into the dimension as time has allowed. Things have been built, tweaked and tweaked some more (thanks to new patches). The dimension was finally finished this week.

It doesn't feature a lot of object morphing or any big transformation, but it was hatched from the mind of a creative kid and I think that's pretty cool. If you're on Faeblight, you're welcomed to take a look at "You're a Mean One" and see what his ideas have become.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveAHarp View Post
    I may not have the coolest dimension, but it's a neat story on how it came about and I wanted to share it with fellow dimension addicts.

You see, I have an young Step son who we only get to see every other weekend.We discovered that all of us enjoy playing Rift and building dimensions.Don't worry folks, he's heavily supervised when he's online and he does have other hobbies.

Last year near Christmas time, he wanted to help with an idea. Create a dimension based off of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" but this dimension would be built to reflect the end of the story. You know, after the Grinch's heart grew three sizes. He's been working pretty hard on ideas and I helped him look through some websites to get inspiration.

Over the past few months we've gone into the dimension as time has allowed. Things have been built, tweaked and tweaked some more (thanks to new patches). The dimension was finally finished this week.

It doesn't feature a lot of object morphing or any big transformation, but it was hatched from the mind of a creative kid and I think that's pretty cool. If you're on Faeblight, you're welcomed to take a look at "You're a Mean One" and see what his ideas have become.
    Sounds great I will visit today and take a look around. My oldest son has also expressed that he wants to learn how to build. But he has to work on his school work before that happens and ill probally start his off on minecraft and see how he does.

Look forward to seeing it

Really love this!

We used to play with my son here and there too:-) Of course now that he's 17 we're not nearly cool enough to play with anymore--but it was really fun! Regardless of what others think (outside our gaming friends) I really do feel it's a nice family thing to do together.

I plan to take a look this evening!

Dimension building isn't always about morphing or doing something "dramatic", it's the idea, the feel and the creativity behind it all that makes them so amazing.

A dimension speaks to me if the theme is cohesive and if everything just works well together. I can't wait to check out your dim. I love the story behind it and that you all spent some quality time together. Creativity can be found in many mediums, dimensions are one of them.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-02-2014 at 04:53 AM.

How old is your son? I just got back from visiting and was very impressed. The lamp on the wall caught my attention and like the fish over the fireplace look forward to more of his work

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks for the big smile I have on my face on a Monday morning before my first coffee, dimensions (or anything) created with love are my favourite

Thanks guys!

He's 11 years old. Minecraft was his gateway drug, I think. I was helping his Dad build his own dimension one day and he saw us. He wanted to know if it was Minecraft and why couldn't he play. Rift just went free to play. So, we set him up on a secondary account of mine, gave him a few credits and bought him a dimension.

I will admit that a few of the morphed objects are done by me. He'd have an idea and he just couldn't make it work out. I'd step in with suggestions and help place things. He had built a full bar that was pretty impressive, but it just wouldn't fit. That's Ok though. Our next project is going to take the bar and turn a Dolcega Valley into a pool party. He's calling it "Pool Party Rocks!" (Haha!) It will be done eventually. He's playing baseball this Summer so time is even more limited until school starts.

Awe, what an awesome story, thank you for sharing it.

I am going to hop over to visit this one tonight, I am excited to see what he has created as the Grinch has always been a favorite.

Dimension building isn't always about morphing or doing something "dramatic", it's the idea, the feel and the creativity behind it all that makes them so amazing.
    So very true Agrona!
    Last edited by Nouvae; 06-02-2014 at 07:02 AM.

nice to see a young one interested in dimension. It's a nice beginning , promising keep going !

Way To Go To Your Son!

My wife & I have no kids...I do enjoy the nieces and nephews. Anyway...your son's dimension was very delightful! very refreshing! As a child, I loved that movie. When his heart grew...well, anyway...I enjoyed the dimension! The Grinch's Heart in this Dimension ..."says it all!"

"Keep Building!"

-Gaylor.
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

I visited your dimension yesterday! What a delightful creation! I love it! You and your son did a wonderful job!

Great idea! Im on Zaviel, but i have characters in every shard to see all of your creations. I want to see this lovely dim. See u on Faeblight!!
    Dimensioneer in Gelidra EU: Fatasia 2.6, Mermaid's Treasure, A Fairy New Year Eve and Come in if U Dare!

I cannot wait to see it!

+ Reply to Thread