Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By kirazhane
  • 2 Post By Arwhen
  • 4 Post By Snags
  • 1 Post By Arwhen

Thread: Dimensions , an unfinished dream

Soulwalker

Default Dimensions , an unfinished dream

Dimensions fan, I am. I visit a lot, I also created . I have made links with other dimensional architects, and trade advice or items are good. I currently have 5 active dimensions , one in a sleep that only opens from December to mid-January, one under construction and two projects. In each of them , I joined a game with gains of PP or dimensional objects for participants. Feedbacks are good ( except a player who ban me because he could not overcome an obstacle in one of my dimensions ! !) And I have 4 dimensions in the top 20. What a joy you would tell me . So why this post as lukewarm ?
    Because for each of the creations I made but one I had to make difficult choices about what should remain in the dimension and what I should remove . As a director who , editing his film must cut scenes so that the maximum is not exceeded , I had to make sacrifices in order to include the essential and destroy things that I would have liked to see in my dimension . Why ? because developers were determined arbitrarily as would have dimensions of four improvements ( thus 5 levels ), while the double items may be placed in the ( at least the larger ones) dimensions . We want (I hope my post rally other architects frustrated like me) have the possibility of a further increase to go after our dreams. We ( architects) must be able to say it will be level 6 , that one will be level 5, it is we who pay for increases , why , since they prevent it?
    For those who read me and do not know my dimensions are on Brisesol , character Arwhen just in-game mail me and I will send you the rules of the games .
    Thank you for taking the time to read me .

Arwhen

(This message as been translated by Kirah in this english forum from the french forum. to have a chance to be heard . we do not have a ''dimension'' section on the french forum version)

Summary

After a little more than 3 weeks of activity of this post, I think it's time to make a first summary of what was said above. The issues raised are:
    1.Increase the level of dimensions
    2.Unlocking the unique dimensions .
    3.Safe ( s) for dimension
    4.Untie related items ask for the dimensions of guild (only the owner of the item can be recovered )
    5.Balancing price dimmensionnel items in the shop
    6.Dimensions section on the Forum
    7.More NPC 's and animals to animate dimensions ( lootable or rewards quests ( repeatable , please) ) . These may be linked so that a trade paralell does not develop .
    8.Increase objects 'physical' weaver of dreams not only effects very often " too " discreet.
    9.Quests of the housing with objects or revenue rewards.
    10.Have the opportunity to be more selective permissions dimensions (allow some people to decorate , not to an entire group )
    11.Have a mailbox in dimension
    12.Having the ability to put a greeting by announcing a panel or NPC activity in the dimension or simply welcome visitors
    13.Have access to a greater variety of furniture
    I do not address the issue of dimensions of players in order to converse , I think it would be very cumbersome to implement a more uncertain success and control almost impossible . And what would be left at the end of the meeting? Nothing, no transcript of what was said there and transfer the player 's chat to the developers.
    12 persons during these 3 weeks is good but it could be much better. Dear reader , please also submit your suggestions and comments , we will be more better.

Some ideas that came to me while writing this post and have not yet been addressed.
    Able to place objects in our truly interactive dimensions (ex. headlamp and lighting, crop plants , food and drink supplies, opening and closing doors and windows , etc ...)
    have furniture "containers" with more or less of storage locations .
    Disable a dimension stores all items that are contained there in a crate. An overview of the objects is necessary, we do not always remember the visual objects stored in the body .
    Power crafter "rare " items , all trades but also the weaver of dreams with a variable cooldown after Crafted item .
    Having the ability to retrieve components " breaking " of dimensional items crafts (or not) unnecessary
    I do not know whether, if so, I have not found it yet. Have a dedicated chan to dimensionners ( more effective than have meetings in my opinion ) . This chan is enabled by default and can be disabled for that is not interested . this avoid pollution and spam other chans
    Well now , you play friends , now go with your comments

Arwhen

(This message as been translated by Kirah)

Thank you, I would have been unable to translate this text with this much accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by kirazhane View Post

After a little more than 3 weeks of activity of this post, I think it's time to make a first summary of what was said above. The issues raised are:
    1.Increase the level of dimensions
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ a thousand times this. Really, the item count is my only real gripe with dimensions, but it's one that is seriously hindering my enjoyiment of building. The dimensions with the highest item count hover around 2000 items, ant they're seriously not enough for an ambitious build: you usually have to either sacrifice the actual *building*, and resort to premade stuff, or you have to sacrifice the decorating and build things, then leave them empty.

I admit I kinda stopped building when I realized that, no matter how much stuff I take off and how many shortcuts I try to take, I will never be able to finish my build with the item count I have left; and it's just a handful of (not so big) houses, most of which are closed off so I don't have to lose precious item spaces filling them :\ I get the urge to keep building on it but I get discouraged really fast, since every thing I add makes it more apparent that it'll end up as an unfinished build...

Pretty please guys, raise the item limit! Doubling it like last time would be awesome; making the bigger dimensions scale to 4k would be awesome too. The prestige tied to guild dimensions wouldn't be lowered, since the most coveted ones (like halls of shaping) don't exist as player dimensions, but are for guilds only.

People have been complaining about prices lately but I think if there's something people could justify spending money on, it'd be an item increase --- it's one of the complaints I see more often among dimensioneers.

Dimensions are awesome because, given enough patience (and skill), you potentially could build anything. I say "potentially", because in truth the item count we have is really too low to let us do any kind of bigger build justice: it's sad to go visit a castle, or a mansion, or ship, or town (I could go on) and see that the inside is almost empty, because trying to bring to life the actual structure ate away at the item count, and the creator had just a handful of spaces left not to make it look more than an empty shell.

So... pretty please?
    Dimension Cheerleader of Zaviel --- waving my pom-poms everywhere awesomeness is ^^

Thank you for your testimony which shows that this is a recurring problem for all servers, whether U.S. or European.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    Thank you for your testimony which shows that this is a recurring problem for all servers, whether U.S. or European.
    couldn't have said it better myself

+ Reply to Thread