+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daglar or CM Morgana Please help with Dimensions crashing

Default Daglar or CM Morgana Please help with Dimensions crashing

I posted a thread on the 28 after the patch. Seems the Dimensions are crashing again when we try to use the toolbox/dimension tools. Could you guys please look into this issue. I sent a bug report, posted in Dimension forum and also here. Thanks for your help and support! I will post this in the Dimension forums again as well.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

My experience is that crashes have more to do with changes in lighting than with dimension tools.

I was able to stand still and work on something not using tools for a while, but when it got dark and I put a medium warm light from DW over my head I crashed.

Experimenting with projectors, changed out a few different ones, placed a space projector, walked too see how it looked outside the building and crashed.

Worked on another area, made a whole fence using tools, zoned in and out to go to storage dims and AH, used the store, probably placed about 150 static items. Put one Medium Orange Light out and crashed.

Have increased page file, updated video drivers and all the stuff listed for crashing in support. Have searched windows event viewer to see if I can find what kind of exception is thrown, but only see where the crash report service started and stopped.

We need to be submitting bug reports and paying close attention to what we were using and how we were using it when crashes happen so we can get Trion enough data to replicate.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

I experimented with this last night and found that if I kept the dimension editor (wrench) open, I didn't crash at all. But if I opened and closed it, I crashed on close.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default Have been submitting bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    My experience is that crashes have more to do with changes in lighting than with dimension tools.

I was able to stand still and work on something not using tools for a while, but when it got dark and I put a medium warm light from DW over my head I crashed.

Experimenting with projectors, changed out a few different ones, placed a space projector, walked too see how it looked outside the building and crashed.

Worked on another area, made a whole fence using tools, zoned in and out to go to storage dims and AH, used the store, probably placed about 150 static items. Put one Medium Orange Light out and crashed.

Have increased page file, updated video drivers and all the stuff listed for crashing in support. Have searched windows event viewer to see if I can find what kind of exception is thrown, but only see where the crash report service started and stopped.

We need to be submitting bug reports and paying close attention to what we were using and how we were using it when crashes happen so we can get Trion enough data to replicate.
    This is happening across servers so there is an issue whether its lightening or something else, I'm not sure. I can open the tools and place pickup do all the things you can with tools but once I close it out, I dc. I've submitted more then one bug report as well. Funny thing is last time this happened I got a response from Daglar within 15 minutes of posting. Just frustrating that its happening. I will submit another bug when I log back this afternoon. Its just more annoying knowing that the dc is coming.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Had no problems this morning and I experienced the same as Jaedor in an empty and semi-filled dimension.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-30-2014 at 12:12 PM.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

We are able to reproduce the bug, and we're looking into it.

Default Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    We are able to reproduce the bug, and we're looking into it.
    Thank you Faratha

Hey!
    After the last patch i crashed about 50 or more times in my dimension Dormant Core!
    Yesterday I crashed like 30 times, today about 10 in 1 hour. I removed all addons, I've stopped using Dimension tools, but nothing. Since I open the basic tools I crash. I'm desperate! I participate in the contest: total transformation and I need to finish some details. Please fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelfen View Post
    This is happening across servers so there is an issue whether its lightening or something else, I'm not sure. I can open the tools and place pickup do all the things you can with tools but once I close it out, I dc. I've submitted more then one bug report as well. Funny thing is last time this happened I got a response from Daglar within 15 minutes of posting. Just frustrating that its happening. I will submit another bug when I log back this afternoon. Its just more annoying knowing that the dc is coming.
    I have effects everywhere in my dim, i dont know if it's the problem. I crash when i'm, trying to move something. I crash just walking into the dim, without open tools. I don't crash when i close the tools, i crash again and again anyway

Its awesome that it can be reproduced, but please, please, please don't let it be related to the pond fix.
    crossing fingers and toes

Oh I can reproduce the crashing in a completely empty dimension too btw
    Last edited by polynomia; 05-31-2014 at 12:42 AM.

To hiurma:

I'm so sorry you are having trouble with the crashing too.
    If your problem is anything like mine, then try keeping the edit mode open, mine seems to (mostly) crash when I exit edit mode again, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with dimension tools or toolbox.

Fingers crossed you will make it in time

Default Hoping we don't have to wait till next patch

I hope we don't have to wait to the next patch for a fix on this. Going to slow down a lot of work and creative ideas. My issue is still closing out the edit mode. I'm not having the issue of dc-ing when entering or walking around, but only after I close edit mode. It's more frustrating knowing that its going to happen. Lets hope we can have a fix soon and that the ponds don't turn black.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiurma View Post
    I have effects everywhere in my dim, i dont know if it's the problem. I crash when i'm, trying to move something. I crash just walking into the dim, without open tools. I don't crash when i close the tools, i crash again and again anyway
    I'm sorry your experiencing overall crashes, that stinks. Its very frustrating and I hope Trion gets the issue fixed prior to the next patch. At least we all are here to support each other in our frustration.

it sucks there is a dims I want to work on but cant due to the crashes it is my way of relaxing doing dim work and I cant even do that with the weekend crew I bet we have to wait til Wednesday for it to be fixed

I started getting this crash last night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast