+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: The Final Dream

Default The Final Dream

Shard: Wolfsbane
    Name: The Final Dream

Setting: Icewatch in a different look, Snowy Castle, Snowy Town (50 Snowy Houses), All things magical.

(Many images with descriptions will be added soon after this post. I didn't place this in the RP section, since this isn't an on going post, but a description of this Dimension and my work )

First off,
    I would like to give thanks to a few people. Knoxxx who has endlessly been there for me when I needed Trophy pieces.

I would like to thank the Guild Angelic Defiance for letting me use their Guild Dimension, to earn the Achievement, to get the NPC reward.

Lastly but far from least I would like to thank Baradara for giving me a very needed and rare Dimension item.

Without these good people helping, I could not have achieved what I have created and I thank you all deeply

P.S. Also like to thank everyone, on every Shard, of those people who had placed up all the Snowy House with Decks on the AH! Wooo Hooo what a rush each time I bought one!

Let me begin by giving you all a bit about me personally. I started Rift back in Beta 7 and been here ever since. This game is so awesome and when Dimensions came out, at first I was against it. But after seeing what they incorporated in this game I fell in love with the idea of building. My very first Dimension was on Wolfsbane, called Tidelords Keep. I ended up getting 182 likes. I took down Tidelords Keep a few months ago when I realized my dim was so outdated. But back then it was awesome ;)

I personally am not a grand Dimensioneer by far. There are so many great builders out there and could not even hold a flame to them lol.. I like to let my imagination go and flow, designing things in the moment. Sometimes when I finish a project I get all excited to the point of having goose bumps. Like riding a roller coaster. Guess I am just weird like that. but hey, I am who I am lol

So this Dimension is called the final Dream. I have added some Role Play to it, so some things within could be understood and made clear as to why it is in there and built.

The Throne of Power

Or sometimes called The Throne of the Gods

Long before Crucia pursued her domination of Iron Pine Peaks, she came upon a very unusual Gate at the crossroads between the Iron Pines and Stilmore, A magical portal that led to another Dimension. Entering she arrived to see a land very similar to Telara, but not telara. Crucia ventured forth within and found many interesting finds, Treasures of such wonder, a Life Gate powered by unusual planar gems, but nothing of use to her. She was from the Plane of Air and had no desire use such items and nothing to further her conquest for power...That is until she found a room hidden deep within the ground, through a network of tunnels.

Within the room, a radiance shown forth like the rays of the early morning sun. Crucia gave pause at the sight in which she held. With her powers she realized this was the throne of legends. Not much was known about it, but many stories were spun around the fires of this powerful artifact. After careful inspection and use of her magic, it was clear as to the amount of power this throne held. One could become a God, a deity of immense power. But with great power comes great sacrifice...Crucia lips curved into a smile and slowly she chuckled deeply in thought.. She now understood the nature of this strange Dimension and why many of the items existed, placed in such a way near this powerful artifact..

"Oh.. such a wondrous and powerful gift...I may not be able to benefit from this artifact but I can surely use it as a lure..a seduction... Such sweet and delicious intrigue...

~With a wave of her hand a curse was placed upon the Throne~

Those who sit within the Throne shall be cursed to never return to their own home

History of Auril and her future

In the time after Warlord Borte helped entomb Crucia's forces in ice, Borte settled down and was with child. Soon she gave birth to a girl and named her Auril. In time Auril grown to be a powerful mage. Unlike her mother, she had a natural talent for magic and she quickly rose in rank within the Quicksilver College, the school of magic.
    As time passed, Auril join Icewatch as one of the wizards who stood watch over Iron Pine peaks. Many battles were led and fought by Auril. She became a very powerful force that defended its citizens and the lands beyond.
    It was then Crucia turned her gaze towards Auril...Many times Crucia used her will to try and turn Auril to her own will and realized that this....Auril was more powerful than she appeared and must be stopped...

Often Crucia used her magic to listen in on Auril's conversations with others and sent spy's to infiltrate Icewatch and watch her going on's and such. It was on one of these days that the rain outside poured and a cold chill sent shivers up ones spine if not properly prepared. Auril sat within the candle light of her study and was deep in thought as she read a very old and dusty Tome. Strange glyphs covered this Tome and one could swear it gave off a glow when looking upon it.
    A servant knocked at the door and announced that her food was ready and brought to her study as per request. Entering the woman placed down the food and bottle of an elvish vintage. The servant gazed intently upon what Auril was reading and a look of shock entered her features...Auril held the Lost Journals of ascension..

Crucia was listening through this servant and heard all thoughts, seen all images as if it was her own. Crucia instructed the woman to leave and secretly come back in the night.
    Later that evening Auril laid down to sleep, Leaving her studies on the table. Hours later the same servant who visited Auril earlier quietly entered her study and slipped an old parchment inside the Tome and left as quietly as she entered.
    Early morning came too early for Auril, for she was not the morning person, but she had to meet with the scholars at Quicksilver college of the findings she had uncovered. Auril glanced at the Tome and did a double take. Sticking out of the Tome was a piece of parchment she didn't remember seeing before.. Opening the Tome where it lay within the folds, she began to read what was written...The parchment contained an ancient text, one Auril was familiar with from her studies of ancient languages. There were four distinct sentences written..and coordinates to the location of its existence..

The God Throne

Powers of the Blessed

The power to destroy evil

Live forever

Auril's soft hairs rose across her arms in anticipation, of wonder and desire. A smile formed across her face as her eyes sparkled with delight...Auril had taken the bait...
    Making preparations she immediately made ready her provisions, gathered up her magical belongings, The Tome and parchment. Word was sent to Quicksilver College that something important had been found within the tome and would meet with them as soon as possible.

Days later Auril stood gazing at the area in which the location of her findings had led her. Looking up at the evening sky the moon was almost at its peak and near to the exact time when the portal would appear.
    Time stood still for Auril. Her anticipation was at a frenzy and she figited, moving her feet in the snow as she kept looking from the sky to the area surrounding her.
    It was then the moon reached its coordinates, the Moonlight cast forth past the snowy tree's like a soft flowing river, casting its rays upon a small knoll within the confines of the tree's and a silvery arch appears with glistening Moon Runes.
    Auril was holding her breathe as if it would prevent it from going away. In a slow ex hail of breathe she started towards the portal, only to hesitate right before the Gate and move her left hand across the rays of the Moonlight. Stepping forward Auril past beyond the Gate and into...wait..what!? Auril spoke as if speaking to another in confusion.

What has happened? I passed through the Gate and I am still here?....

Auril stood for long moments in confusion, even after the Gate had disappeared. Finally with a huff of disappointment she turned to walk back to where she left her horse. She stopped Immediately...something was wrong..Where she had crossed through the snow covered ground before, her foot falls were plainly visible. Now as she looks upon the ground, all traces of her passing had disappeared! In a half run Auril moved through the snow once again in the direction of her mount. Her mount was gone, all traces of even stopping there was gone and Auril began to wonder...

Looking across the ridge, Icewatch was plainly visible, yet...something was different... Walking towards Icewatch she noticed that there were odd looking plants she never seen before, small forest animals that indeed where uncommon to this area, specially in the cold of the Iron Pines.
    Arriving at Icewatch she realized something was amiss...or rather changed..Many small snowy houses dotted the land around and Icewatch itself was barren, void of people. Walking carefully through the guard house and past the castle wall, Auril noticed a very large silvery door slightly open. She could see a golden glow emitting from within. Cautiously she walked up to the door and peering within she gasped in surprise.. Within the first chamber, covering the floor was piles of treasure! Gold coins spilled forth as if busting from their chests, gold was everywhere...gems, rubies, sapphires, diamonds twinkled in the torch light. Auril's awareness that torches were lit, yet no one around to give evidence that someone lit them. Taking a torch off the scone she noticed the flame gave off not heat and realized it was a magical flame. The tunnels moved farther in as did she. Each chamber held even more gold and unusual treasure never seen before... Time past slowly. It was as if it were all a dream. Turning a corner she heard the sound of water pouring forth into a pool. Walking closer she found a large basin surrounded by dragons. The water spewed forth from their jaws. Auril's gaze looked up and the torched was dropped into the water, disappearing beneath the depths still lit. yet diminished slightly as she gazed in awe of what she beheld....The legendary Throne of the Gods rest within the next chamber! A golden glow cast around the Throne, Angelic wings folded around the chair as a large statue of a Planar Guardian stood over the chair as if waiting...

Auril moved ever so slowly towards the thone. A mingle of anticipation and fear rose within, chest heaving in short but heavy breath. Thoughts raced through her mind. She had found the most prized and hidden secret of the ages!

" But wait..what right do I have to claim the Throne and on that matter, claim unknown power of the Gods?"

Crucia heard echoes of her fear...the desire..the want of power that drives ones own soul to indecision's, towards the paths of enlightenment. either it be for good, evil or neutrality...This was what Crucia had been waiting for...Closing her eyes, Crucia concentrated deeply to enter this powerful wizards mind...slowly, but soothing as to not make her aware that it was her influence. Auril heard echoes of her thoughts, drifting away in a whisper...

"Take the Throne and become what you have always wanted....."

"Use the power and make all things right....."

"you will then have the power to destroy what is evil....."

In unison, both Crucia and Auril spoke as one...

"I will live forever...."

Auril moved forward, turned at sat down upon The Throne of the Gods. At that moment the Planar Guardians eyes blazed with a piercing white light, Hands extended, an image of a glowing crown like circle formed over Auril's head and the Guardians hand fell across the image making it real and placing it immediately upon her head. Aurils eyes glowed the same piercing glow.
    In that instant of crowning Auril, she became aware of Crucia within her mind and sent forth a mental force barrier that expelled her from her mind.

Crucia laughed an evil laugh and appeared before Auril. Auril stood eyes ablaze as Crucia stood before her.

"Hold Auril....I have come to congratulate you in attaining the wisdom in which so many mortals desire...I have helped you find this prize...I have led you to the location of the throne... and I bear a gift...."

"You have no gift that I want, but forever leave Telara and never return!"

"On the contrary my dear...It is you who will never see Telara again and this is your gift I bear!"

Crucia laughed wickedly and faded from Auril's gaze. Auril was left standing within the room alone.
    The realization of what Crucia had said, had sunk in throughout the days, months and years. She kept her sanity intact by exploring this new found Dimension and found many things to keep her mind focused. She knew from her studies on the Gods that each required followers for the Gods to gain in power. It was then an idea came to mind

" Why not search other worlds and dimensions to seek out people who would follow her ways, teach them, show them the power in which she holds to attracked followers of her own and gain in power to rid her of Crucia's curse and maintain the power and title of a Goddess!"

It was then in the days, months to come she searched the other worlds and dimensions via the Gate, in hopes to gain in power, wisdom and knowledge to crush this dreadful curse and return to telara as a true Goddess.

Reflections of the last meeting between her and Crucia fell upon her memories and she knew that it would give herself great pleasure in seeing the shock and rage that spread across her face when the final confrontation was at hand...and then Crucia would know fear... or at least see Auril as a power not to be confronted with lightly..

(The End...or is it..)

( The "Likes" are her power and the more given, Auril will grow and so shall her power to return home...This...is her final Dream.....)

The God Throne

The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175159.jpg

Artwork within the Castle
    The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175439.jpg

The Life Gate
    The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175951.jpg

Look deeply into this night sky picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175610.jpg  

The World Clock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_173929.jpg  

The Shaper's Hall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_174921.jpg  

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thank you for the tour of this beautifully done dimension. Reading through the story behind it does add a lot of context, so thank you for that as well.

Visitors ought to check out the big clock as well, which is pretty spectacular.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

How does one get those tents? I need to make a yurt.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Artwork of a place Auril visited on her Travels. The Prison of Tharizdun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175804.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    How does one get those tents? I need to make a yurt.
    lol I actually cant remember :P But I do remember saving it because they look so awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Thank you for the tour of this beautifully done dimension. Reading through the story behind it does add a lot of context, so thank you for that as well.

Visitors ought to check out the big clock as well, which is pretty spectacular.
    Thank you Feendish, was my pleasure to have you there

On her travels she found three curious boxes that when touched, would open up and turned different directions, like a rubix cube, but something more strange and evil appears out of them...

(From the movie Hellraiser)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175727.jpg  
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 05-29-2014 at 05:43 PM.

One of many strange and unusual fish she captured and brought back to her dimension. Fast it is and dangerous. Its bite can rip its prey to shreds in seconds. Hence the reason why it is kept in a small tank.

(Also to note; I wanted the fish tanks to appear clearer than the blury blue the actual tanks gave off, so I placed them behind the tanks, giving the tank its natural feature of bubbles within)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175704.jpg  

A small yet powerful Demonlord defeated and held in status field globe above it, as a reminder that not all Dimensions she visits is as nice as she would like them to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175637.jpg  

This creature is a gift to all adventurous sailors or pirates. This fish is always hungry and attracted to shiny objects. Many times when finding such babbles it dislodges them from the ocean floor and at times rises to the surface or remains in plain sight for those lucky enough to spot the treasure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_175832.jpg  

Default Stormwatch

This ancient building once held the Watchers, which watched over the valley below and the bridge crossing over to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_173825.jpg  

Default Stormhold

Snowy houses built over and within a mountain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Final Dream-2014-05-29_220209.jpg   The Final Dream-2014-05-29_220203.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast