+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gelfen
  • 2 Post By BlackZodiac
  • 1 Post By BlackZodiac

Thread: Dimensions disconnecting after today's patch

Default Dimensions disconnecting after today's patch

Dimensions disconnecting after today's patch
    Just logged back on after the patch and the dimensions are dcing when dimension tools are used or you log out of edit mode. This happened a few weeks ago as well. I sent a bug ticket in game and am posting here as well. On a happy note the terrace pool water looks much better!
    Posted in general forum as well.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

I just logged on to check this out for myself, it is exactly as you said. My terrace ponds look awesome again but as soon as I left edit mode - crash! I hope the two aren't connected...

My game keeps crashing too!
    And what is at least new to me, when I teleport (Riftstalker) I fall through the ground objects. Rocks, floortiles or whatever in my dimension.

I'm crashing a lot today while working on the guild dimension. Happens when I placed down something. I'm not using the toolbox addon when I crash, as the addon is creating another issue for me. If I use the addon my game turns into a slideshow and I keep changing targets on objects in the dimension (often to objects far away from where I'm working).

You may want to disable addons and check to see if this is the issue. Last night I was using another addon not related to dimensions and I was not in a dimension, my computer had a hard crash, it was completely locked up and I had to power it down. This has been happening for me inside dimensions too since Patch 2.6 but previously if I just disabled the addon it corrected itself. But that was before this most recent patch, so I'm not sure anymore.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 05-29-2014 at 05:42 AM.

I am also experiencing constant crashes when trying to move stuff, I have dimension tools installed, but didn't have it open.
    I also randomly crash just when I move about in my dimension.

Last time we had these crashes it didn't help to disable all addons, at least not for me

edit:
    entering and exiting edit mode makes it instantly crash
    Last edited by polynomia; 05-29-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Default This.

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    I am also experiencing constant crashes when trying to move stuff, I have dimension tools installed, but didn't have it open.
    I also randomly crash just when I move about in my dimension.

Last time we had these crashes it didn't help to disable all addons, at least not for me

edit:
    entering and exiting edit mode makes it instantly crash

I have been having crash problems the past week to ten days. I have Dimension Tools installed, but not always open when I crash. I am just updating Rift this morning, so it had nothing to do with current patch. I have not played yet, so no idea if this issue persists.

The Rift error protocol sent data and error messages automatically most times I crashed last week. If it happens again, I will open an ingame ticket as well. I didn't know others were having this problem. I had blamed our recent stormy weather/lightning as the cause, as it is not unusual for me to experience lag and crashes during those times. Our cable TV has been unstable recently as well.
    "Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing." Walt Kelly

"Boredom is an affliction of small minds." Wink TartanBelle (me)

I crashed a couple times last night after leaving Edit mode (wrench on the dimension UI). I didn't have any addons open and left it very simple.

But my pattern was, the first time opening and closing Edit mode had no issues. But the 2nd time, I crashed. Tested this several times and it was the same pattern - crash on the 2nd time leaving edit mode.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I also am having this issue. A few weeks ago the same thing happened and sent a ticket to a GM. I constantly updated the ticket and was stated they did a server fix. Then I realized my ponds were black.

After this patch same issue. I exit edit mode and crash. Few times I stood very still after exit mode and nothing happened, but once I started moving my character around that's when I crashed again.

From gathering and experiencing all the ways I crashed, I could almost bet plat that its a texture issue. The game adjusting to the textures we placed in our dims and it gets overloaded, causing us to crash. Sorta like the green bubbles we see around people, but on a much greater scale.

Yep, happening to me too.

Three times in the last 5 minutes alone.
    Last edited by Elleby; 05-29-2014 at 04:02 PM.

GM Link has just told me thank you for contacting us about this issue, that the bug has reared it's head again crashing when exiting edit mode of dimension and has been forwarded to our engineers and are currently investigating it.

Default Just happened to me too

I just logged on Greybriar to see Ruby's wonderful new build, and dc'ed 3 times just trying to tour. The last time I logged back in to give it a plus one, since it deserved about 1000 times more than the 26 votes it had

Anyway, it's kind of a good thing I'm not trying to build right now. Inside dimensions I seem to have only about 10fps, which is horrible. Outside just now I had about 22fps which I know isn't great but it's bearable. All other things aside, I think it's time for a new vid card!

This is really annyoing.
    Tried to build yesterday and every time I'd leave the building mode, so all the little pyramids around water or fire objects for example would vanish, it would always crash on me.

But if this also happens while just touring, how is RP going to be in dimensions at the moment...

I've been disconnecting too. I disabled all my addons, still nothing.

Plane Touched

Default Noticed it on PTS before the patch to live too

I noticed before the patch, when I was on PTS. I was constantly getting booted out of my dimension.

I thought it was just a PTS thing, but now it's happening on live.

+ Reply to Thread