+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Sanitarium

Default Sanitarium

Greetings!
    I would like to share my latest work with any dimension-minded people interested.
    Having a bit of a phase of being burned out I knew I had to stop building the one I have been working on, because being stuck and uninspired ruins my mood So I started a new one to find my way back to the joy of building, putting brick on brick feverishly with a vision. I found it!

character: Seyler
    shard: Zaviel
    dimension: Misty Spring Sanitarium

This building stands in a hidden corner of the steep mountains of Gloamwood, once a trendy retreat for the sick, now very quiet except for the wind howling through its rooms. Visit to ponder about times passed, breathe the crisp mountain air, and take from the spring water which has medicinal properties.
    (Or if you're feeling naughty, it's also suitable for skinnydipping at midnight, the water gets very dark LOL)
    The subtle mist is a feature of the base dimension.
    Thanks for looking!

Sanitarium-mss04.jpg

Sanitarium-mss02.jpg

Sanitarium-mss03.jpg

OMG Seyler!!!!!!!!!! That looks AMAZING! I love, love, love the feel of the abandoned sanitarium! This is freakin' awesome and I can't wait to check it out in person! It's creepy and sad. It also reminds me of the abandoned buildings in the game "Fallout" - like after a world war or maybe even an old WWII building... Yea, I like stuff like that.

And I know what you mean, about being uninspired and changing the pace. Once I have a goal, a vision, I can't stop building. However, when that feeling leaves, it's time to work on something else - and it certainly worked in your case!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 05-28-2014 at 08:44 AM.

This is fabulous! I love to visit your dimensions. You do such great work!
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

How dare you tease us with such wonderful pics when we'll be stuck in the update cycle?!?

I wanna see it nooowwwww....
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Oh, Seyler! That's beautiful! You captured the feel of an old shut-down sanitarium wonderfully. The Victorian style of the buildings is awesome. I love it and can NOT wait to visit! You've done it again.

(Patience, Feendish, patience... I hear it's a virtue.)
    Last edited by Bridgit; 05-28-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: I was so excited, I couldn't spell for a minute there :)

Beautiful work Seyler, you are such an artist! Definately have to visit this build tonight.

I love your work!

Default Wow Beautiful

Wow that is beautiful! I can't wait to come visit.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

Oooooo a blue house, I want to move in! which base dimension did you use?

I actually visited this dim this morning before it was even posted on here--I was perusing on Zaviel--lol.

Sooo good! All of Seyler's work is amazing!

The building is absolutely stunning and the atmosphere definitely tells a story. Another fantastic build Seyler!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Thank you everyone for the extremely nice responses. You are all too kind. I can't take all the credit for the atmosphere, it's mostly the base dim which is dark and gloomy: Gloamwood Glen.
    @Feendish: I'm sorry But I bet you will be kept busy until then so time flies~~~ : )

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Thank you everyone for the extremely nice responses. You are all too kind. I can't take all the credit for the atmosphere, it's mostly the base dim which is dark and gloomy: Gloamwood Glen.
    @Feendish: I'm sorry But I bet you will be kept busy until then so time flies~~~ : )
    Possibly, but at the first chance tomorrow, I'll be lurking in your dimension. Have a straight jacket and a gurney ready for me!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Default Just visited

You did such a great job. The feeling is almost like the movie The Shining, really eerie in a really cool way! I really liked all the windows and the cobwebs thought the building.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

Beautiful work and what a perfect idea for that dim. Can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Ah I haven't seen that one yet, dreamweaver I take it? And yes you can take the credit for it you used the effects of a base dim so that it would give your building a certain look

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast