+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yassha
  • 1 Post By Yassha

Thread: Moba-style PvP dimension

Rift Disciple

Default Moba-style PvP dimension

I have just come back to the game and am quite excited about the pvp dimensions. I have been reading up a bit on it and at the moment it looks like there is only deathmatch functionality enabled, is that true?

Is there any roadmap or ideas floating around for where pvp dimensions will go? For some reason I can't find a really definitive guide so if you know one could you pls point me to it?

I would really like to put some mobs in a map and get some moba style elements into the warfront gameplay in a pvp dimension, has there been any talk of something like that?

Also, how do you find pvp dimensions that others have made? I was reading an article on MMOPG.com about it which said it is very hard to find player made pvp content. Is that true? Is there an easy way to search for them?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yassha View Post
    I have just come back to the game and am quite excited about the pvp dimensions. I have been reading up a bit on it and at the moment it looks like there is only deathmatch functionality enabled, is that true?

Is there any roadmap or ideas floating around for where pvp dimensions will go? For some reason I can't find a really definitive guide so if you know one could you pls point me to it?

I would really like to put some mobs in a map and get some moba style elements into the warfront gameplay in a pvp dimension, has there been any talk of something like that?

Also, how do you find pvp dimensions that others have made? I was reading an article on MMOPG.com about it which said it is very hard to find player made pvp content. Is that true? Is there an easy way to search for them?
    A lot of questions here...

1. Deathmatch is currently the primary functionality, unless you're able to rig some kind of objective style on your own (there was a tourney not long ago I saw a post about in the PvP forums using a player as an objective, and teams having to defend that player as they still tried to kill the other side's objective, but I didn't follow it too closely).

2. I can't answer.

3. Nothing that we've heard about as players, regarding adding mobs, although that would be pretty damned fun to do.

4. Most pvp dimensions on a shard have some sort of tag, either before or after the dimension name. If it's not flagged (PvP) or something similar to that, there really isn't any way to tell, without the builder doing the tagging to identify it. RIFT PvP Dimensions will probably have some of the information you're looking for.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    A lot of questions here...

1. Deathmatch is currently the primary functionality, unless you're able to rig some kind of objective style on your own (there was a tourney not long ago I saw a post about in the PvP forums using a player as an objective, and teams having to defend that player as they still tried to kill the other side's objective, but I didn't follow it too closely).

2. I can't answer.

3. Nothing that we've heard about as players, regarding adding mobs, although that would be pretty damned fun to do.

4. Most pvp dimensions on a shard have some sort of tag, either before or after the dimension name. If it's not flagged (PvP) or something similar to that, there really isn't any way to tell, without the builder doing the tagging to identify it. RIFT PvP Dimensions will probably have some of the information you're looking for.
    Thanks for your help with that Feendish, I'll check out those websites. I hope this is something Trion really builds on, I see a lot of potential in dimensions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yassha View Post

Hi there!

Currently Death match is the only available to us but the amount of items we now have to put in any Dimension to make even more cool (ie traps, mazes, puzzles) is broader.

New to MOBA (Smite) but not to Dimensions basically you could take any map from any game and see what mischief you come up with.

As an example Addiction Guild on Greybriar did COD map: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...addiction.html

Pop over there and take a look on a level 1 sometime if you aren't on Greybriar (NA)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are no definite guides for PvP Maps because Dimensions are so versatile and you could use any theme for a PvP Dimension. That being said you have reminded me to release the video we have on all the PvP items so thanks for that, real life kicked all our butts so its been sitting there heh.

My suggestion would be to check out guides just on Dimensions so you can better understand them then apply the maps from games you like that are already available on the internet-many Dimensioneers do this to plan regardless of what kind of Dimension it is. We have many guides and will pop up the latest one mentioned above this week at: Rift Dream Dimensions

Also jump into the Warfronts we have already to see them and get a fairer idea of Rift content if you haven't yet knowing Black Garden is the only Warfront available as a an actual Dimension at this point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimension designs are also live sections of Telara currently available in the game and have all mobs removed. Warfronts currently do not have any moving parts in them like animals etc (only NPCS) so taking these two factors into consideration - unless these things change we will not see them in Dimensions as what we have to play with 99.9% of the time (leaving .1% for speculation) is available in the game or how things currently are. Live animals in Dimensions has not been implemented (outside of achievement rewards in the form of butterflies, bunny races etc) but I am looking forward to seeing what Faratha and the Creative Team have install for 3.0 and love how much we can do in PvP Dimensions first phase.

Hope this is helpful, have fun learning about Dimensions and welcome back to the game!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-29-2014 at 07:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread